WyreStorm Express™ EXP-CON-DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter
Converts PCM Digital audio to analog stereo
Our take on the WyreStorm Express™ EXP-CON-DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Do you still own and love older audio equipment with only analog stereo inputs? The WyreStorm Express™ EXP-CON-DAC can help you connect newer gear that only has coaxial or optical digital audio outputs — like some TVs,streaming boxes, and Blu-ray/DVD players. This compact digital-to-analog converter (DAC) specializes in converting PCM digital audio signals to analog. The analog signal can easily be fed to an older sound bar, receiver/amplifier, or set of powered speakers, using a regular RCA cable.
A note about Dolby® Digital
A lot of movies and shows are mixed for Dolby Digital. This DAC won't accept Dolby Digital audio signals, so you'll have to turn Dolby "off" at the source. You can usually find that option by scrolling through your TV or player's audio settings.
Or you can get the The WyreStorm Express™ EXP-CON-DAC-D — a DAC built specifically to handle Dolby Digital audio.
- compact digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- accepts 2-channel PCM digital audio and converts to analog stereo
- supports audio signals up 24-bit/192kHz
- coaxial and Toslink optical digital audio inputs
- RCA stereo audio outputs
- signal-to-noise ratio (20-20kHz): greater than 90 dB
- AC adapter included
- does not support Dolby Digital encoded audio
- you'll have to manually turn off Dolby Digital or use the EXP-CON-DAC-D
- 2-9/16"W x 15/16"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Digital-to-analog audio converter (2ch PCM)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
Works great,easy to install.
Anonymous, Arden, NC
WyreStorm Express™ EXP-CON-DAC Digital-to-Analog Converter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Digital-to-Analog Audio Converter (DAC): The WyreStorm EXP-CON-DAC is a digital-to-analog audio converter (DAC) that allows a 2ch PCM digital audio signal to be converted to a stereo analog signal. The WyreStorm EXP-CON-DAC is equipped with two digital inputs, one optical (toslink) digital input and one coaxial (RCA) digital input, selectable via built-in switch. It also feature on analog stereo RCA output.
- Bit-Rate: up to 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 32, 44.1, 48, 96 & 192 KHz
- Distortion: <0.001% @ 1kHz at 2V RMS
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90dB (20Hz - 20kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB A-wt
- THD+N: -93dB
- Output Impedance: 500Ω
- Output Voltage: 1.8V RMS @ Max Input (0dBFS)
- Frequency Response: <+/-0.5dB
Note: The WyreStorm EXP-CON-DAC does not support Dolby Digital/DTS encoded audio. Make sure your digital source device is set to output 2ch PCM.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Recommended by your tech support "Charles". I was unable to connect the audio from my new 40" Samsung TV and my older ZVOX sound bar. Charles said this converter should do the trick. Hope he's right. I can't find a "good" sound bar to fit my space - 32". [ RALPH Nov 13, 2017 ]