TP-Link Archer TC7650
High-speed cable modem
Our take on the TP-Link Archer TC7650 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Faster internet access and lower monthly cable bills
When you use the modem your cable company provides, you're often getting an older model, and paying a monthly fee for the "privilege". The TP-Link Archer TC7650 provides super-fast internet access — up to 1029Mbps downstream, and 206Mbps upstream — and pays for itself in no time by eliminating those rental fees from your bill.
When you want to add fast, reliable Wi-Fi®, consider picking up a wireless router to go along with your new modem.
- 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels provide fast download and upload speeds
- up to 1029Mbps downstream, and 206Mbps upstream
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) supported
- CableLabs® certified to work with Comcast XFINITY®, Spectrum, and more
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
- one 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi® router
- coaxial input for cable Internet service
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 5-1/2"W x 8-1/4" H x 2-15/16" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cable modem
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 47" Ethernet cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- Information Card
- Technical Support booklet
High speed, easy set up. Works well with Xfinity cable internet
Darin, Baltimore, MD
TP-Link Archer TC7650 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
High-Speed Cable Modem: The TC7650 high-speed cable modem is CableLabs Certified DOCSIS 3.0 and works with most major cable ISPs in the United States. Installing your own modem will eliminate the monthly rental fees charged by your internet service provider (saving you up to $120 per year).
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The TP-Link TC7650 is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers - like Comcast Xfinity; Spectrum (including Charter, Time Warner, & Bright House Networks); Cox Communications; Suddenlink Communications; Mediacom Cable; and WOW. The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
Notes: Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
CableLabs Certified DOCSIS 3.0: The TC7650's CableLabs Certified DOCSIS 3.0 technology allows TC7650 to deliver speeds 24x faster than DOCSIS 2.0. The modem features innovative 24x8 channel bonding providing data rates up to 1029Mbps for downstream, and 206Mbps for upstream.
Coax Connector: Your cable internet service provider's coax cable will plug into the modem's coax connector on the back panel.
Gigabit Ethernet Port: A Gigabit Ethernet port creates a fast, reliable wired connection for your wireless router or computer.
QoS (Quality of Service) Traffic Prioritization: QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes traffic to particular devices or activities, while maintaining critical data throughput regardless of network congestion.
IPv4 & iPv6 Supported: The TC7650 cable modem supports both IPv4 and IPv6. iPv6 is the next generation of Internet protocol, helping you to future-proof your network.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
#1 rated [ Eric Aug 24, 2018 ]
My modem, currently a Motorola Surfboard, is 5 years old and is due for an upgrade [ JORDAN May 08, 2018 ]
I have Xfinity, got a letter from them this week telling me I need to upgrade my modem, looked on Amazon for reviews. This seemed to be a really good one for the money, used my reward points to lower the cost. Let's hope it's worth it! My current Modem is a Surf Board 6121. [ Stephen Dec 03, 2017 ]
Hi speed, recommended by Mick. [ Todd Oct 18, 2017 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get a modem and router in one
The TP-Link Archer CR700 offers these features:
AC1750 cable modem and wireless router
802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (450 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
dual USB 2.0 ports to wirelessly access and share connected USB hard drives and printers