Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
Our take on the Audio-Technica AT2020 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Great home studio performance
If you're setting up a home studio on a budget, good news. With the Audio-Technica AT2020 you don't have to compromise on performance. This rugged side-address condenser microphone features a low-mass diaphragm that's custom-engineered for optimal frequency response and transient response. That means you'll be able to capture vocals and instruments with clarity and precision.
- designed for home studio recording
- side-address condenser microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- low-mass diaphragm for extended frequency response
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -37 dBV/Pa
- impedance: 100 ohms
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- 2-1/16" diameter x 6-3/8" length
- weight: 12.1 oz
- male XLR connector
- stand adapter
- storage bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cardioid condenser side-address microphone (black)
- Stand Mount (5/8"-27)
- Thread adapter (5/8"-27 -to- 3/8"-16)
- Zippered storage pouch
- Specifications sheet
- Purchase Registration card
- Disposal statement
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica AT2020 is a side-address, condenser microphone that is designed for vocal or instrument use in project or studio applications. It has a cardioid polar pattern to reduce pickup of sounds from the side and rear. The AT2020 comes with an adjustable stand adapter, a thread adapter, and a zippered storage pouch.
Side-Address: The AT2020 is designed to be mounted upright, with the front of the microphone placed directly in front of the sound source. The front of the microphone has the Audio-Technica logo, while the back is labeled "Back."
Stand Adapter: The supplied pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely, allowing you to easily position the microphone for best performance. The mount has a 5/8"-27 thread, plus a thread adapter for 3/8"-16 microphone stands.
Phantom Power: This condenser microphone requires 48V DC phantom power in order to operate. This can be provided by most mixers or audio consoles, or by a separate phantom power supply.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% THD
- Noise: 20dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: 124dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 74dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.047", Length: 6.375"
- Weight: 12.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
cheapest price on internet for new or used product with free shipping [ bryan Nov 08, 2018 ]
Highly recommended in web reviews for my purposes which is to undertake vocal recordings at my home. [ Philip May 26, 2017 ]
for my daughter at school [ DAVID Nov 06, 2016 ]