ELAC Debut F6
Our take on the ELAC Debut F6 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Detailed, theater-like sound
It's not often that we see breakthroughs in the world of home loudspeakers, but renowned speaker designer Andrew Jones has done it with ELAC's Debut series speakers. They are the culmination of Jones' years of engineering experience, and the results are simply astonishing. The F6 towers are the flagship model within the Debut family, and they offer jaw-dropping performance for the price. Strong words, true, but you should have seen the look on people's faces when ELAC stopped by our training room recently and fired them up. Custom-designed drivers deliver sparkling detail with deep, room-filling bass. Use a pair of the F6s as the front channels of your home theater. Or make them part of a two-channel music system and bring a concert hall into your listening room.
Immersive full-range sound
One of the secrets behind the F6's incredible performance is its custom-designed 10-element crossover. Jones uses this important component to ensure smooth frequency distribution between each of the drivers. It routes high frequencies to the 1" silk dome tweeter, while sending mids and lows to the powerful 6-1/2" woven aramid-fiber midrange and bass drivers. The result is full, natural sound at an affordable price.
A legendary speaker designer strikes again
Andrew Jones made a name for himself designing phenomenal high-end speakers across the industry. Lately, he's turned his attention toward creating speakers that offer excellent performance at very affordable prices. The Debut F6 floor-standing speakers are his latest triumph. They make a perfect match in a surround sound setup with the entire ELAC Debut line, all of which were designed by Jones.
- three-way design
- 1" silk dome tweeter with deep spheroid waveguide for improved sound dispersion
- custom-designed 6-1/2" midrange and two 6-1/2" woofers with woven aramid-fiber cones for smooth mids and powerful bass
- frequency response: 39-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-150 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components to ensure smooth transition between drivers
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- integrated rubber feet for scratch-free placement on hard-surface floors, plus included spike feet for use on carpeted floors
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 8-9/16"W x 43-3/16"H x 11-1/8"D
- weight: 46.7 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Spikes (hex-nut attached)
- Operating Instructions
Wonderful full sound for great price. Please with the addition to my surround system.
Mike, South Bend, IN
ELAC Debut F6 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Aramid-Fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker features a three-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 6.5" midrange drive, two 6.5" bass woofers, and a 100Hz/3000Hz crossover network. The tweeter, midrange driver, and woofers have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts.
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The Elac Debut F6 features a 1" cloth dome tweeter with a custom-designed waveguide with a deep spheroid profile. This waveguide design is utilized to improve directivity control and shield the tweeter from cabinet diffraction.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofers: The floorstanding speaker features three 6.5" woven aramid-fiber cone woofers (1 midrange driver/2 bass woofers) with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. Woven aramid fiber offers a superior stiffness-to-weight ratio and damping over common polypropylene or paper cones. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom nine-element crossover (100Hz/3,000Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter, midrange driver, and bass woofers.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with three rear-firing flared ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The tweeter and midrange driver are isolated from the rest of the speaker cabinet. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with two horizontal braces to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a textured vinyl black finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker features integrated rubber feet for safe placement on hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile floors. Four spike feet are also included for secure placement on carpeted flooring. The spikes screw into the bottom of the speaker's rubber feet and add approximately 0.875" of height to the speaker.
Note: There is a pre-installed safety clip on the back of the speaker cabinet for securing the floorstanding speaker to a wall to prevent tip-over. Wall-mount hook, screws, and cord are all sold separately and can be found at your local hardware store.
Applications: The Elac Debut F6 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For optimum stereo imaging, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe in") the speakers towards the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers.
Note: In either application, the speaker should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close may result in bass that is unnatural.
Elac Debut Series: The Elac Debut series family of loudspeakers consists of two bookshelf speakers, two floorstanding speaker, a center-channel speaker, a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker, and two powered subs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Look at a lot of tower speakers, Read the reviews..Just wanted good towers for music and with the Cambridge 110w receiver, had a good feeling on the Elac F6.... [ JERRY Jun 10, 2018 ]
reviews and discussion with Crutchfield advisors [ William Mar 18, 2018 ]
A friend has a pair, they do not need a sub-woofer, and I need an update on speakers. Thank you Maverick. [ William Feb 17, 2018 ]
Marshall was of great help on making my decision! [ Lawrence Feb 13, 2018 ]
Well received from reviewers and consumers alike. [ Nicholas Jan 19, 2018 ]
I want better enjoy better quality sound Hi Fi with flac library and streming audio to my entertainment set up [ ROBERT Nov 27, 2017 ]
online reviews [ Theodore Nov 11, 2017 ]
The good reviews... [ David Jul 20, 2017 ]
Andrews Jones jumped ship from Pioneer to ELAC. I wonder why? I guess I am about to find out if it was a good move. [ Raihan Mar 04, 2017 ]
I have not listened this speakers yet. But they have very good reviews ( 5 star reviews). Audiophile sound at most affordable price is the reason to buy. [ Mohana Dec 11, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing the best models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Kenny Apr 17, 2017 ] Staff
The ELAC speakers sound great - very neutral, uncolored. One caveat: with the Marantz producing 50- ish watts at 6 ohms, if you like to listen loud, you may want something with higher sensitivity. [ PROFILE Apr 10, 2017 ]
I'm using them with my Sansui au555a amplifier and sounds amazing. I think they would sound great with almost anything. [ Jack Apr 08, 2017 ]
Tony, I shouldn't even answer this question as I am not an expert on audio things. I can tell you I paired this with a 2 channel Yamaha RS700 and they sound fantastic, far better than anything on the floor in Best Buy or other box stores. Your amp is lower power but within the range of the speakers. Call crutch field that's what I did you won't be disappointed. [ TERRY L Apr 08, 2017 ]
It would but unfortunately due to the 45W (8 ohms), 60W (4 ohms) rating of the Marantz, you would not be taking full advantage of the 3 way Elac F6. I pair them with a Yamaha Aventage A760 and they sound awesome.. [ Ashis Apr 08, 2017 ]