Fujifilm Fujinon XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro
Medium telephoto macro prime lens for Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras
Our take on the Fujifilm Fujinon XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Delight in the details
This 80mm f/2.8 Fujinon lens lets you get within 9.8 inches of the smallest subjects for sharp, detailed close-ups. Its medium telephoto length makes it perfect for macro shots of subjects that can't be approached too closely, and you can also use it to get close to larger subjects at a distance.
With a maximum aperture of f/2.8, you can make good use of available light for close-up work and play up your subject against a dreamy blurred background. The extra bit of background compression you get from the longer focal length will really make your subjects pop.
This lens's linear motor ensures fast, precise focus for smooth video rendering and responsiveness during still shooting. A floating focus mechanism helps you achieve sharp focus from any distance. Range limiter controls let you restrict the focal range for near or far focusing, preventing accidental focus on foreground or background elements and minimizing time spent "hunting" for focus.
Steady shooting in any kind of weather
Built-in 5.0-stop image stabilization makes sharp, handheld macro images at 1:1 magnification a real possibility and lets you use slower shutter speeds to capture images in low light. Dust- and moisture-resistant construction makes this a great lens for outdoor shooting in practically any conditions, so there's no limit to how far you can go to get amazing captures of the tiniest subjects even in wet or dusty environments.
- 80mm f/2.8 prime lens
- compatible with Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 122mm
- magnification ratio: 1:1
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- fluorine coating repels water and dirt
- built-in 5.0-stop image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- linear motor for quick, quiet, precise focusing
- floating focus mechanism ensures consistent optical performance at all focusing distances
- range limiter controls for fast, accurate focusing
- minimum focus distance: 9.8"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups (includes 1 aspherical element)
- 3 ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and 1 Super ED element for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- compatible with Fujifilm 1.4X teleconverter and Fujifilm 2.0X teleconverter
- filter/attachment size: 62mm
- includes lens hood and front and rear lens caps
- lens is 3-3/16" in diameter and 5-1/8" long
- weight: 26.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Fujinon XF80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro lens
- 62mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Cloth pouch
- Owner's Manual
- Fujifilm Worldwide Network
- Information sheet
Overview: The Fujinon XF80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro is a telephoto prime lens with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 122mm. Its weather-resistant and dust-resistant finish lets you use the lens in extreme shooting conditions, including temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). The fluorine coating on the outer lens elements repels water, oils, and smudges from handling for easy cleaning. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and a cloth storage pouch.
Optics: The XF80mm lens has 16 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical element, three ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, and one Super-ED element. The ED and Super-ED elements reduce chromatic aberrations to deliver sharp, rich images. The lens has a 62mm filter thread for adding screw-on filters. The nine rounded-blade aperture creates beautiful bokeh that make your subject stand out against the out-of-focus background.
Macro Shooting: The XF80mm lens uses a Floating Focus System to give you high resolution images when photographing in Macro mode. The lens is divided into separate Front Focus and Rear Focus Groups, and the Floating Focus System drives them depending upon the shooting distance. Internal lens movement is controlled by a new Ball Slide System which uses ceramic balls along the guide rail. Minimum focusing distance is 9.84".
Optical Image Stabilization: The lens is equipped with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) which utilizes a gyro sensor and an acceleration sensor to suppress camera shake. When OIS is turned on, using the switch on the lens barrel, the image stabilization effect is equivalent to a 5-stop adjustment in shutter speed.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with a bayonet-style lens hood to reduce glare and to protect the front element. When attached, the lens hood adds approximately 3" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 80mm (122mm)
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups (including 1 Aspherical, 3 Extra-low Dispersion, and 1 Super Extra-low Dispersion elements)
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Aperture Control: 9 rounded diaphragm blades; Step Size: 1/3 EV (19 stops)
- Maximum Magnification: 1x
- Filter size: 62mm
- Angle of View: 20.1°
- Focus Range: 9.84" (25cm) to infinity
- Diameter: 3.143"
- Length: 5.305" (5.989" with caps)
- Weight: 26.45 ounces (without lens caps)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I need a macro lens that can also double as a portrait lens [ Basil Jul 12, 2018 ]
I have read rave reviews about this lens and I want to see its image quality for myself. I am pairing it with the Fuji X-T20 I recently purchased on Crutchfield. [ THOMAS Feb 23, 2018 ]
Price and Quality [ Anthony Feb 22, 2018 ]
Great lens [ Edwin Jan 27, 2018 ]