Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system
Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system - Direct/Reflecting Series II satellite speaker
From Bose: Acoustimass 10 Speaker System
Our take on the Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Enjoy rich, Bose-quality sound for movies, games, and music
The elegant, décor-friendly Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system delivers high-quality home theater sound without visually taking over your room. Five speakers and a slender Acoustimass® module work together with your favorite surround sound receiver to provide spacious, natural-sounding music plus high-impact home theater and video game sound effects. Bose's innovative approach is the key.
Enjoy spacious, room-filling surround sound with the low-profile Bose Acoustimass® 10 Series V speaker system. (Satellite speakers shown wall-mounted with optional WB-50 wall brackets, available separately.)
Keep your living space open for living
The four small Direct/Reflecting® Series II satellite speakers feature a slim-profile design that will look right at home next to your flat-panel TV. Optional brackets (not included) even allow you to mount them on the wall or the ceiling. The drivers inside each satellite are precisely angled to provide the perfect mix of direct and reflecting sound. The low-profile Direct/Reflecting® Series II center channel speaker fits neatly under your television, and can also be wall-mounted using an optional bracket. This system's sleek, powered Acoustimass® module delivers deep bass, and easily tucks away behind a table or couch. Clearly marked cables make setup exceptionally quick and easy. And Bose's solid build quality and electronic protection circuitry ensure that this system will fill your room with great sound for years to come.
- includes 4 Direct/Reflecting Series II speaker arrays, 1 Direct/Reflecting Series II horizontal center channel speaker, and 1 powered Acoustimass® module
- recommended power 10-200 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- Direct/Reflecting Series II speaker arrays
- Direct/Reflecting® design technology blends direct and reflected sound to re-create a more natural and spacious sound
- dual drivers inside each cabinet are set at precise fixed angles to deliver a consistent listening experience
- 3-5/16"W x 7-7/16"H x 3-3/8"D
- Direct/Reflecting Series II center channel speaker
- low-profile design
- dual drivers
- 7-3/8"W x 3-7/16"H x 3-5/16"D
- Acoustimass® module
- built-in amplifier (connects to AC outlet for power)
- adjustable controls for volume and low-frequency effects
- 8-3/16"W x 16-3/8"H x 25-3/8"D
- clearly marked cables and connectors included for easy installation
- spring-clip speaker wire connectors
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4 Direct/Reflecting dual-cube speakers
- Horizontal center-channel speaker
- Powered acoustimass module
- 59" AC power cord
- 20' System input cable (has a 15-pin female connector on one end and tinned wire/single male RCA jack on the other)
- Three 20' front/center speaker cables (each has a male RCA connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other)
- Two 50' rear speaker cables (each has a male RCA connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Guide
- Setup Guide
- "Our Commitment To You" Letter
- "Global Support Regions" note
Superb clarity of sound easy to use instructions. Has bespoke wiring long enough for most rooms.
Tony, Bethlehem, GA
Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||N/A|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||7-1/2H x 3-5/16W x 3-3/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||3-7/16H x 7-3/8W x 3-3/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||7-1/2H x 3-5/16W x 3-3/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||16-5/16H x 8-1/8W x 25-3/8D|
5 Speaker & Powered Sub System: The Bose Acoustimass 10 (V) system features 4 direct/reflecting dual-cube speaker arrays, a horizontal center-channel speaker, and a powered acoustimass module. This combination produces a powerful and realistic home theater experience. System and speakers cables are also included.
4 Direct/Reflecting Dual-Cube Speakers: Direct/Reflecting speaker technology helps the 4 compact dual-cube speaker arrays to deliver more open, spacious sound throughout the listening area. You hear enhanced surround sound and exceptionally lifelike stereo with a larger soundstage. Each of the four dual-cube speaker arrays features dual 2.5" wide-range Twiddlers.
Horizontal Center-Channel Speaker: Designed to visually complement flat-panel TV screens while delivering natural-sounding dialog & vocals. The horizontal center-channel speaker uses the same dual 2.5" wide-range Twiddlers as the cube arrays.
Powered Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module uses a proprietary enclosure and patented technologies to produce deep, rich bass with clarity and balance. The powered Acoustimass module uses two 5.25" high-excursion paper cone woofers, each with a foam surround, powered by a built-in amplifier.
- Integrated Signal Processing: The Bose patented integrated signal processing compensates for the human ear's reduced sensitivity to bass at low volumes. You hear the proper balance of deep bass, even at very low, late-night listening levels and dialogue continues to sound natural.
- LFE & Bass Level Control: The LFE control increases or decreases the relative level of low-frequency effects on movie soundtracks. The Bass control increases or decreases the bass level of the Acoustimass module.
- Automatic System Protection Circuitry: When played at high volume, this system's automatic protection circuitry activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens you may notice a slight decrease in volume, which is normal.
Audio Connections & Speaker Cables: The Bose AM10 (V) system features dedicated connectors on the back of the Acoustimass module and speakers. A system cable and speaker wire are included.
- Audio Input: The Acoustimass module is fitted with a 15-pin male jack for use with supplied 20' system input cable; the other end of the system input cable has tinned wire that connects to the left front, right front, center, left rear and right rear speaker outputs & a mono male RCA plug that connects to the subwoofer output of the A/V receiver or amplifier.
- Audio Output: The Acoustimass module also features 5 RCA jacks (Left Front, Right Front, Center, Left Rear, & Right Rear) that connect directly to the cube speaker arrays proprietary terminals, using the supplied 20' and 50' speaker cables.
- Power Cord: The powered Acoustimass module features a detachable 7.75' AC power cord.
Mounting Options & Placement: The Bose AM10 (V) system offers flexible placement for the speakers and Acoustimass module.
- Speaker Mounting: These speakers can be simply table-top mounted, or you can mount the speakers on wall-brackets, floor-stands, or table-stands (all sold separately).
- Acoustimass Module Placement: For best sound quality, the Acoustimass module should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the television and center speaker, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord.
Recommended Power: The Bose AM10 (V) speaker system is compatible with AV receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to 200 watts per channel, rated from 4 to 8 ohms.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I have always been a fan of Bose products and own several. The sound is phenomenal and I am replacing 40 year old speakers. Bose is a speaker only company and that equals high quality. [ K Nov 07, 2018 ]
I have had Bose system before and very pleased with the product. [ James Schulze Sep 18, 2018 ]
I love Bose... I love sound... I have Bose product... but not have Home Theater Bose. I have Bose Mini SoundLink II, Bose Color SoundLink and recently buy in Crutchfield, Bose SoundSport wireless headphones. [ EDGARDO Dec 08, 2017 ]
Have always wanted a Bose speaker system. They just always seem to have a superior sound. [ Rex Nov 28, 2017 ]
Customer requested [ TONY Nov 24, 2017 ]
I like paying too much for something that will work a little better than something I could get for one third of the price. [ Erik Oct 06, 2017 ]
Nice [ Yemi Jun 08, 2017 ]
I have ALWAYS wanted a Bose system. FINALLY getting it. YAY ! [ Kurt Jun 07, 2017 ]
This is an upgrade to to my Bose speaker system I bought almost ten years ago. I have been very happy with my Bose system. [ John May 04, 2017 ]
Highly recommended by close friends & family. [ Pankeer Mar 13, 2017 ]
Bose performs as expected at the high standards I expect. [ Darwin Dec 28, 2016 ]
I already have bose speakers and love them. These are for new amp. [ JOHN Dec 18, 2016 ]
Husband loves Boise speakers -- Christmas gift! [ Rita Dec 11, 2016 ]
I had an Acoustimass 10 series IV system which was destroyed in a flood. We liked the system so well we replaced it with the newer verson after the house was gutted and remodeled. [ CAM Sep 21, 2016 ]
Name [ James Sep 17, 2016 ]
A feel for luxury within budget ($999) !! And Crutchfield makes it even better.... [ Anirudh Jul 24, 2016 ]
I have the Bose Acoustimass 16 for many good years it work fine on till it got knocked out by a surge this one is a replacement. [ LARRY J May 18, 2016 ]
I have not had a decent sound system in my home for several years now, so I felt like it was time to step it up. And Bose sound is awesome! [ DAVID Apr 21, 2016 ]
great sound [ Theja Dec 14, 2015 ]
8 questions already asked
The Acoustimass 10 series V speaker system is made specifically for use with 3rd party home theater receivers. The system comes with the "system input cable" you'll need to connect to the standard speaker and subwoofer outputs of most any home theater receiver. For additional assistance and personalized recommendations, feel free to contact us directly by phone or through our online chat service: https://www.crutchfield.com/support/ContactUs.aspx [ Ryan Apr 06, 2018 ] Staff
I mean 7.2 [ Jason Sep 11, 2017 ]
I guess you could get a acousrimass 5 system for the additional Channels and run the receiver wires direct to the.... no... just don't.... if you want a 7.1 system look elsewhere. [ Jason Sep 11, 2017 ]
I am not sure how that would work. Possibly a adapter? Maybe they make one compatible out of the box? [ Jason Jun 06, 2017 ]
So sorry...I do not know the answer. Best guess: Yes if you use a travel converter!! Normal US IS 110, so converter would be essential. PS. DEFINITLEY worth the hassle. LOVE this system!!!! [ Avis Jun 06, 2017 ]
Yes. From what I understand. Bose can also assist with install. [ Jason Feb 15, 2017 ]
No sir you can't, the speakers is not design to use traditional speaker wire. Contact Bose they might be able to help [ Yaw Feb 15, 2017 ]
Honestly, any receiver that has at least 50 W per channel should suffice. It doesn't take a lot of power to properly drive these speakers. [ Leslie Jan 31, 2017 ]
You don't need an amplifier for the subwoofer, it included. what you need is 5.1 preamp output. [ godfrey Dec 09, 2016 ]
I did not purchase an amplifier for my home theatre....we have this set up in our living room, so we really don't need that extra power. We can actually hear the sub when we are in other parts of the house! [ Avis Dec 07, 2016 ]
the sub has an amp in it already, if your asking if you need a receiver then yes [ Quinn Dec 07, 2016 ]
I had a Bose Acoustimass system and I now have the Sony STR-DN1060 receiver. I replaced my speaker system with more conventional speakers, but can tell you they will work with this receiver. [ David Jan 22, 2016 ]
Sure you can as long as the speakers have the positive and negative. This receiver has many functions but if you only need audio on stereo and no use the dolby and all of that things, you can get a cheapper amp and do a biamp connection. The subwoofer need to be amplified this receiver will not amplify you woofer, its only the signal. If you have the money, go fo it, im only using Bluetooth :D good luck. [ Felipe Jan 15, 2016 ]
Yes [ Terry Jan 15, 2016 ]
Hi Martin. I've spliced them before to extend the length. [ BOB Dec 04, 2015 ]
I experienced the same problem with my front speaker wires. The end that goes into the sub from the speaker is an normal RCA plug. You can buy RCA extensions at most of your regular shopping locations. Just be sure you get one with a female input on one end and male plug on the other...NOT 2 male plug ends. Not sure if Bose sells longer wires or not, but this fix worked fine for me. [ Mark Dec 04, 2015 ]
This system is not designed for Dolby Atmos. You can find out more about Atmos here: http://www.crutchfield.com/brands/dolby-atmos.aspx [ Jeff Jul 22, 2015 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system
Definitive Technology ProCinema 600
Home theater speaker system
Klipsch Reference Theater Pack
5.1-channel home theater speaker system with wireless powered subwoofer
Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos® 5.1.2
Dolby Atmos home speaker system with 5 satellites and a powered subwoofer