WyreStorm Express™ HDMI Splitter
HD/4K-capable HDMI splitter (1 in, 2 out)
Our take on the WyreStorm Express™ HDMI Splitter by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
High-resolution solution for dual-display video
This WyreStorm Express HDMI splitter sends the signal from an HD or 4K Ultra HD video source to two displays, such as two TVs or a TV and a projector.
People call us every day looking for ways to display the same high-res video source on more than one screen. HDMI splitters aren't new, but the extra bandwidth demands of 4K Ultra HD video are well beyond the capabilities of typical HD-rated HDMI splitters. Good thing we have the WyreStorm Express™ SP-01024K.
This "1 x 2" splitter has one HDMI input and two HDMI outputs, and supports video formats up to 3840 x 2160 (30 frames per second). The SP-01024K is a great solution if you're looking to watch a movie or game on a couple of TVs, or if you have a TV and projector in the same room. Setup is plug-and-pay simple, and operation couldn't be easier — there aren't any buttons!
- connects 1 HDMI audio/video source to 2 separate displays
- supports Ultra HD and HD video formats up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz, 3D capable up to 1080p/60Hz
- supports HDMI 1.4a features (10.2 Gbps maximum data rate)
- plug and play connectivity with automatic EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) and HDCP communication
- transmission distances over High-Speed HDMI cables up to 10 meters/33 ft. (4K/1080p input, 4K output); 15 meters/49 ft. (1080p output)
- additional units can be cascaded (daisy-chained) to create a large distribution system (up to 12 times for 1080p, 2 times for 4K)
- AC adapter included
- 5-1/2"W x 3/4"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4K HDMI splitter (1 in/2 out)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 4' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/UK/EU)
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Screws
Works great one TV is over 50 feet away
Tim, Ashland, KY
WyreStorm Express™ HDMI Splitter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
4K HDMI Splitter (1 in/2 out): The WyreStorm Express EXP-SP-0102-4K is a professional-grade HDMI splitter with a single HDMI input and dual HDMI outputs. The WyreStorm Express splitter provides distribution and replication of a single Ultra-HD (4K) or HD (1080p) source to two separate displays. Its perfect for Retail AV, Commercial, and Hospitality installation.
Note: The EXP-SP-0102-4K does not upscale or down-convert the video signal. Make sure your TV is compatible with the video signal input and output by the EXP-SP-0102-4K.
HDMI 1.4a: Featuring HDMI 1.4a specification supporting data rates up to 10.2Gb/s, for lossless audio/video formats, full 3D and Lip Sync, the EXP-SP-0102-4K also includes 24-bit True Color with chroma-subsampling rate of 4:2:2 for 4K color palette and 36-bit Deep Color for 1080p transmissions.
HDCP & EDID Management: Automatic HDCP and EDID management continuously negotiates and authenticates communication between connected devices, ensuring simultaneous distribution of source content to all outputs, while also maintaining signal integrity via internal equalization and amplification to output devices.
Note: The EXP-SP-0102-4K's HDMI jacks do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so it will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers, online video services, and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
Transmission Distance: The EXP-SP-0102-4K provides 4K transmission over 33' or 1080p transmission over 49'.
Expandability: Systems can be further expanded by cascading multiple EXP-SP-0102-4K units to create larger distributions; with 4K transmissions cascaded twice and 1080p signals up to 12 times to the same model units for flexible, scalable solutions for residential and commercial applications.
Compact Design: Compact for unobtrusive installations, measuring only 5.5625" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 4.0625" (d).
AC Power Adapter: The WyreStorm Express EXP-SP-0102-4K operates off of standard household AC current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Input: 100-240V, 60/60Hz, 0.2A
- Output: DC 5V, 1A
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 10.2Gbps
- Input Video Signal: 0.5-1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Output Video: HDMI v1.4a + HDCP1.0/1.1
- Maximum Single Link Range: 4K x 2K 24-bit True Color / 1080p 36-bit Deep Color
- Transmission distance: 4K transmission over 33' / 1080p transmission over 49'
- Video Format Supported: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1920x1080p @ 60Hz, 3840 (UHD), 4096 (DCI) 2160 @ 30Hz
- Audio Format Supported: DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, multi-channel 5.1, 7.1, stereo
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 340MHz
- Video Impedance: 100Ω
- Power Supply: 5VDC/1A - from mains
- Power Consumption: 4K: 1.7 W (Max.), 1080p: 1.2 W (Max.)
- Operating Temperature Range: -32° to +95° F (-0° to +35°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 10% to 90% RH (no condensation)
- Dimensions: 5.5625" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
At your recommendation [ Richard Jul 24, 2018 ]
Apple support said I needed an HDMI splitter to connect my TV, my AppleTV, my stereo receiver to my blue tooth receiver for my hearing aids in order to get all channels of sound when using AppleTV. As currently set up, I was unable to get sound from my center speaker when going through AppleTV for Netflix. [ Sherran May 30, 2018 ]
Wanted to connect the bar TV to the cable receiver along with the main TV. One HDMI input to the Splitter and two HDMI outputs to the two TVs. Same picture but two different viewing areas. [ D Jan 12, 2018 ]
2 questions already asked
The splitter does not provide the balanced line adapters (HDMI to Cat5/6) but will provide the dual HDMI outputs from a single HDMI source input. [ Ryan Jun 09, 2018 ] Staff
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: If you are using an HDMI output from the cable box you can use the WyreStorm Express SP-0102 HDMI splitter. This will let you split to two TVs but you have to watch the same channel on both. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Aug 23, 2015 ] Staff