Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Battery-powered control for Hue lighting
Our take on the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Convenient dimming (and more)
Some relatives and guests in your home might prefer a more traditional wall switch to downloading an app. This Philips Hue dimmer switch is a great way to please them and add a bit of convenience for you.
It functions like a standard wall switch with on, off, and dimming options. But if it's controlling Hue ambiance bulbs, it can also do a bit more. The on button can be used to switch between four light recipes — relax, read, concentrate, and energize. Or if you have a Hue bridge, you can use the Philips Hue app to replace those preset recipes with your four favorite custom scenes.
The dimmer is battery-powered, so you can mount the base plate just about anywhere in your home using screws or adhesive tape. The actual remote control is magnetic and can be easily removed from the base for portable control of your lights.
- remotely turn on, turn off, or dim Philips Hue light bulbs
- when used with ambiance bulbs, the on button switches between 4 light recipes
- includes mountable wall plate
- attaches to wall plate magnetically, making the dimmer portable
- wireless range of at least 40 feet
- rated to deliver up to 50,000 lifetime clicks
- dim up to 10 light bulbs at the same time
- powered by one long-lasting battery (included)
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- software is upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge
- bridge enables app control and compatibility with:
- 1-7/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 1/2"D
- weight: 1.3 oz.
- weight including wall plate: 2.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee