Networking iPod® dock for Denon receivers and systems
Item # 033ASD3N | MFR # ASD3N
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon ASD-3N by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
This dock lets you enjoy songs and video clips from your iPod on your Denon audio/video system, and its Ethernet jack connects to your wired home network for even more flexible entertainment options. Get easy access to music and photos stored on PCs in your network, or tune in Internet radio stations through the dock without turning on your computer.
The ASD-3N displays a menu screen on your TV, making it easy to browse through the songs and playlists stored on your iPod or computer. Control everything with your Denon receiver's remote, or use the included remote if you have a different brand of audio/video receiver.
- for docking iPods, including 120 GB iPod classic, curved screen iPod nano and iPod touch
- compatible with iPhone and iPhone 3G
- limited video output from iPhones and iPod touch
- allows iPod control with Denon remotes
- access Internet radio without a PC (broadband connection required)
- access music and photos from a networked computer
- iPod recharges automatically when docked
- RCA stereo audio output
- S-video output
- audio, S-video, and control cables included
- Ethernet port
- remote control
- AC adapter
- 4-1/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Windows® XP (Service Pack 2 or higher); Windows Vista
- Windows Media Player 11
- 300MB or more free disk space
What's in the Box:
- Black ASD-3N Network Dock for iPod
- RC-1088 wireless remote control with installed CR2025 lithium cell battery
- 4th generation 20/30 GB iPod photo adapter insert
- 60 GB iPod photo adapter insert
- iPod mini adapter insert
- 6.5' A/V cable (with stereo RCA/stereo mini/S-video plugs on each end)
- AC adapter with attached 6' output cord (6 volt/1.5amp)
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger)
- Warranty information
- Denon service network information
- Instruction supplement
Denon ASD-3N Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Denon Control Dock for iPod ASD-3N network client device allows your iPod to be connected to your home network system via Ethernet connection. MP3 and non-protected AAC Audio files from your iPod can then be streamed for listening over your home network. Additionally, viewing video pictures and still image photos with video compatible iPods is also possible. The ASD-3N is DLNA certified and is PlaysForSure compliant for ease of setup and use. The unit's standard D-dock port is also supplied for current model receiver integration and is compatible with previous receiver models that have the Denon D-dock port for command and control. Your iPod will also stay charged while docked in the ASD-3N keeping it ready to go. A remote is also supplied with the ASD-3N for use easy operation.
Denon Compatibility: The ASD-3N is compatible with Denon receivers and Denon mini-component systems featuring the dock control jack.
Additional Component Compatibility: The ASD-3N can also be used with components not having the dock control jack but do have audio/video inputs. You are still able to control the iPod from the ASD-3N's remote control or the iPod, itself.
iPod Compatibility: The ASD-3N is compatible with select iPods having a dock connector. Adapters are included for the 20/30 GB and 40/60 GB iPod Photos; and the iPod mini. The adaptors for the 5th generation iPods and newer are included with those units. This add-on dock (w/ firmware upgrade) is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions when used with a compatible Denon AV receiver (as of Dec. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
iPod Photo and Video Playback: The ASD-3N supports iPod photo and video playback using the included S-video cable.
Network Audio Playback: The ASD-3N can be used to play Internet radio stations or music or still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer through your connected Denon receiver.
- Network Music/Photo File Playback: The ASD-3N can access Windows Media Player (version 11 or later) and iTunes (non-DRM files only) to get music, photos and playlists from your PC and play them through your connected Denon receiver and television. The ASD-3N supports MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, WAV (LPCM) and FLAC music audio file formats and JPEG still images
- Internet Radio: The ASD-3N allows you to access a list of over 7,000 radio stations (MP3/WMA format) via "vTuner" service and enjoy your favorite music channels when connected to your PC's network and your compatible Denon receiver. Stations can be selected by genre and region.
GUI (Graphical User Interface): To allow for easier browsing and playback of your files, the ASD-3N provides an intuitive GUI with album artwork via S-Video connection to your television. Multi-language for both GUI and Meta Data are available including English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese.
Remote Control: The ASD-3N comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control for operating your docked iPod. The remote control included with your compatible Denon receiver can also be used to control your iPod. If you prefer the controls on your iPod can be used as well.
Note: When the Dock Control terminal is connected, the ASD-3N no longer accepts remote control commands. To use the remote control unit, point it at the remote control sensor on the connected Denon receiver when operating it.
System Requirements: A broadband line connect to the Internet is required in order to use the ASD-3N's Internet radio function and firmware update. When using the ASD-3N, it is recommend you use a router equipped with the following functions: Built-In DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, Built-in 100BASE-TX switch. A CAT-5 or greater Ethernet cable is recommended for making the connection. Your computer should me the following system requirements.
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack2, Windows Vista
- Software: .NET Framework 1.1 and Windows Media Connect (Windows XP, Windows Media Player ver. 11, DLNA-compatible server software
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
- Memory: 300 MB or more free disk space
- Connection: LAN port
Connections: The ASD-3N Dock has the following connections:
- iPod dock connector: proprietary 30-pin Apple iPod dock connector for connecting your iPod
- Ethernet: LAN port/Ethernet connector for connecting unit to your PC's network (Ethernet cable not supplied)
- Control: 3.5mm (1/8") mini jack for supplied control-A/V cable
- S-Video Out: S-Video jack to display photos, video, and song info using supplied control-A/V cable
- Audio Out: Left and right RCA jacks for supplied control-A/V cable
- DC In (6V/1.5A): Round DC power connector for supplied AC adapter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.