Anthem MRX 1120
11.2-channel home theater receiver with Anthem Room Correction, DTS Play-Fi®, and Dolby Atmos®
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Anthem MRX 1120 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
The MRX 1120 has 11 channels of amplification with easy-to-read, color coded labeling above its speaker terminals.
Full-on home theater immersion
For home theater thrills without compromises, check out Anthem's MRX 1120 11.2-channel receiver. It has full support for 4K and HDR video, so it works perfectly with the latest Ultra HD TVs and Blu-ray players. Decoding for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (DTS:X available via firmware update) gives you the most immersive surround sound you can experience at home. Premium digital-to-analog converters ensure audiophile-grade performance from CDs and Blu-rays, in stereo or surround sound. And a massive toroidal transformer means superior current delivery and low noise.
Superior sound without obstacles
Anthem's advanced ARC (Anthem Room Correction) speaker calibration system is one of the best we've heard. It effectively tailors the MRX 1120's sound to your space, correcting for problems caused by sound reflecting off of the walls, floor, ceiling, and furniture in your specific room. With the effects of these obstacles removed, your audio equipment delivers clearer, more natural sound.
Run the included room correction software on your Windows® PC, and measure multiple positions in your room with the included microphone. ARC takes advantage of your computer's processing power for the best possible results, showing you detailed graphs of the response curve and correction applied to each speaker in your system. In our large training room, ARC was able to tame unruly "peaks and valleys" in the low frequencies, providing noticeably smoother, more detailed bass.
Note: As of September 2016 you can download Anthem's free ARC Mobile app for iOS®. ARC Mobile lets you calibrate your system using the internal microphone of your iOS device or an optional calibrated mic that connects to your headphone jack for advanced room correction.
DTS Play-Fi puts a world of wireless music at your fingertips
Play-Fi gives you easy access to music stored on your computer, music servers, and mobile devices — including high-quality lossless files. You'll also have access to popular subscription-based music services like TIDAL and Amazon, along with thousands of Internet radio stations. Download the Play-Fi app onto your Apple® or Android™ mobile device to queue up songs, play and pause music, and control multiple Play-Fi speakers and components throughout your home. You can even mix and match Play-Fi devices from different brands.
Music and video in different rooms
The MRX 1120 has powered outputs for 11 speakers, giving you flexible configuration options. You can connect nine speakers in your living room, and use the two extra speaker outputs to power a pair of speakers in a second room. That way, you can enjoy stereo music in Zone 2 while others watch a movie in the main room. A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source on your main TV and a second screen. You can start a movie in the living room and finish it in a different room, or play the same content on two different TVs in the same room.
Power and Processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 1% THD with 2 channels driven
- Class AB amplification for channels 1-5, 140 watts with 2 channels driven
- Class D amplification for channels 6-11, 60 watts per channel with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound
- supports 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, and 7.1.4 Atmos setups
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via firmware update
- ARC (Anthem Room Correction) speaker calibration (software, microphone, and stand included)
- 4 speaker profile memories let you store custom settings for different audio setups
- ARC software requires a Windows-based laptop
- free ARC Mobile app allows you to run ARC from compatible iOS devices
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi
- DTS Play-Fi lets you stream music and create a multi-room music system with other Play-Fi speakers and components
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room
- second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source on a different screen
Audio Performance Features:
- premium 32-bit / 768 kHz differential-output digital-to-analog converters
- toroidal power supply for stable, low-noise operation
- quad core digital signal processing
- detachable power cable
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in, 2 out (including 1 MHL-ready front-panel input and 1 MHL-ready rear-panel input)
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision (may require a firmware update for Dolby Vision)
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical and 2 coaxial
- digital audio output: 1 optical
- 5 analog RCA stereo audio inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- Ethernet port for network connection
- lets you operate the receiver from a web browser control screen on a PC connected to your home network
- front-panel USB port for software updates
- RS-232 input, remote (IR) input and 12 volt-trigger output for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- 4K and 3D video pass-through
- remote control app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- HDMI on-screen display
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- FM tuner
- backlit remote control
- engineered in Canada
- 17-5/16"W x 6-1/2"H x 14-13/16"D
- weight: 32 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 11.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-MRX2)
- "AAA" batteries
- 2 WiFi antennas
- FM wire antenna
- Calibration mic
- Mic stand
- 12' USB cable
- 16' Ethernet cable
- Operating Manual
- Online Product Registration card
This unit replaced an NAD 773 which was rich and laid back power. The MRX 1120 is really open with tons of power. Smoother and more exact. Set up lacked instruction which is my only complaint. I cant wait to see how living with this for a while will improve the relationship i have with it
Troy, Antioch, CA
Anthem MRX 1120 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Assignable 11-Channel Amplifier: The Anthem MRX 1120 AV receiver employs an 11 channel amplifier that is rated at 140 watts per 2 channels driven @ 20-20kHz, into 8-ohms, at 1.0% THD.
- 11.2ch: The Anthem AV receiver's Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height 1, and Height 2 amplifier channels can be configured for up to a 11.2ch speaker setup.
- Dolby Atmos: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured to power a 5.1.2ch, 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos speaker system.
- Zone 2: The receiver's Surround Back or Height 2 amplifier channels can be reassigned to power Zone 2 speakers, so you can have up to a 7.1.2ch or 5.1.4ch Dolby Atmos speaker setup in the main room and a pair of stereo speakers in Zone 2.
Audiophile-Grade Components: The Anthem MRX 1120 receiver utilizes audiophile-grade components - such as premium 32-bit/768kHz differential-output D/A converters for high-resolution sound; quad-core 32 digital signal processing (DSP) with Dolby Atmos & DTS:X capability; a toroidal power supply for stable, low-noise, clean dynamic power; and a brushed anodized aluminum front-panel to resist unwanted vibration.
Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM) Technology: Anthem's exclusive ALM circuitry protects the amplifier's sensitive output devices by constantly monitoring temperature, current, and voltage to ensure optimum long-term performance. ALM is totally non-invasive; it is not in the signal path and only engages in the most extreme circumstances to protect the amplifier from damage by maintaining the safe operating area of the output devices.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC): The MRX 1120 includes the newest and most powerful generation of Anthem Room Correction (ARC), with 50% more processing power than any other version of ARC. This proprietary calibration tool, with its easy-to-use interface, automatically shapes the acoustic signature of your speakers for the best possible sound quality in your unique listening space. Anthem Room Correction (ARC) is a proprietary digital signal processing system that allows you to quickly and accurately optimize the performance of your audio equipment to better suit the unique parameters of your room. By listening to your room's acoustic signature, ARC can tune your equipment to correct for the performance-robbing effects (reflections, resonances, standing waves, etc.) of the various surfaces and other obstacles in your room. ARC is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can optimize your speakers for your unique listening space. ARC is one of the most sophisticated, accurate, and detailed digital room correction technologies available today. There are 3 ways to calibrate your system using ARC or ARC Mobile.
- Mobile App: Download Anthem's ARC Mobile app to your Apple iOS 9.2+ or Android OS 5.0+ device. This method uses your iOS device's built-in microphone for measurements.
- Mobile App + ARC Mic: Download Anthem's ARC Mobile app to your Apple iOS 9.2+ or Android OS 5.0+ device, select "ARC Universal Microphone" on the app, and connect the included ARC Microphone to your iOS device for measurements. Please note that Android devices require a USB OTG adapter (sold separately) to use the optional calibrated microphone; many Android phones already come with these adapters.
- Windows PC App: Download and install Anthem's ARC software to your Windows PC (7 or later). Connect the included ARC Microphone to your Windows PC, and connect the Preamplifier via USB or LAN. After running your measurements, you can customize the results, set up multiple configurations, and print correction curve graph. Not compatible with Mac.
Note: ARC digitally compares a room's acoustic signature to that of the lab standard. It measures the response of each speaker relative to the listening area. Then it uses advanced algorithms to eliminate the negative effects of the obstacles in the room, adjusting response and correcting phase effects. When ARC removes the obstacles, what's left is the lab standard performance.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The Anthem AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS,|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Anthem MRX 1120 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos is the first home theater audio format that is based not on
channels, but on audio objects. Sound comes from all directions, including
overhead, to fill the room with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and
depth. The specific sounds of people, music, and things move all around you
in multidimensional space, so you feel like you are inside the action. The
MRX 1120 can support 5.1.2ch, 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos
- 5.1.2ch: A 5.1.2 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by one pair of Front Height, Overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- 5.1.4ch: A 5.1.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by a pair of Top Front & Top Rear speakers or a pair of Dolby Atmos-enabled front & rear speakers.
- 7.1.2ch: A 7.1.2 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 7.1 speaker layout complemented by one pair of Front Height, Overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- 7.1.4ch: A 7.1.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 7.1 speaker layout complemented by a pair of top front & top rear speakers or a pair of Dolby Atmos-enabled front & rear speakers.
- DTS:X Ready (via Firmware Update): DTS:X places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating the most lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience ever. Free from channel restrictions, sound can be placed and moved to where you would hear it in the real world. Because DTS:X doesn't require any specific speaker layout, you can arrange your home theater system however you want it. With DTS:X you're in control of your listening experience. That hard-to-hear line in a movie can be lifted out of the background sounds for a more personal entertainment experience.
Post Decoding Formats: The Anthem AV receiver supports Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, & AnthemLogic to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround upmixes stereo, 5.1, and 7.1-channel content (including Dolby Digital TrueHD & DTS-HD) to take full advantage of all your speakers in a Dolby Atmos system. Unlike previous wideband upmixing technologies, Dolby Surround can steer frequency bands individually, producing surround sound with precisely located audio elements and a spacious ambience.
- DTS Neural:X (via Firmware Update): Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- AnthemLogic: The MRX 1120 receiver incorporates Anthem's proprietary AnthemLogic sound technology to enhance 2-channel stereo audio sources; there are two modes - Cinema & Music. AnthemLogic-Cinema lets you experience home theater surround sound from any 2-channel audio source. A large, enveloping and dynamic listening experience is created making 2-channel movies sound more "home-theater" like. AnthemLogic-Music enhances the stereo listening experience without detracting from the stereo soundstage and with no echo or reverberation effects. To ensure that the purity of the stereo music soundstage is in not compromised, the center-channel is not used.
Analog Direct Mode: Analog Direct mode will bypass all digital conversion and signal processing for pure, high-fidelity sound of 2ch analog audio sources.
Volume Adjustments: The Anthem AV receiver incorporates Dolby Volume, Dynamic Range Control (DRC), and several other volume level tools.
- Dolby Volume: Dolby Volume makes content with large differences in volume easier to listen to by analyzing it and intelligently adjusting two things - level and frequency response. It does this automatically & continually. In doing so, the volume setting is taken into account as is our hearing's declining sensitivity to the lowest and highest frequencies relative to the midrange as their levels drop. The result is that the perceived frequency response remains constant while making quieter parts of the content more listenable.
- Dynamic Range Control: This features allows you to control the difference between the softest and loudest passages, but only on multichannel Dolby Digital soundtracks. You can select between three DRC modes - Normal, Reduced, or Late Night.
- Volume & Tone Settings: The Anthem MRX 1120 allows you to configure the receiver's Power-On Volume, Maximum Volume Level, and Mute Level, as well as Bass & Treble.
Input Listening Mode Presets: You can save up to 30 listening mode presets for a single input, so you have quick access to a desired sound based on media content, time of day, etc..
Analog & Digital Audio Connection: The Anthem MRX 1120 AV receiver offers a variety of analog & digital audio connectivity.
- Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The receiver is outfitted with binding post terminals for all speaker output channels (Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height 1, & Height 2). The binding post terminals can accept up to 10AWG speaker wire, pin-connectors and banana plugs (single only). The front channels support 6-8 ohm speakers, while all other channels will accept 8 ohm speakers.
- 11.2ch + Zone 2 Pre-Outs: The receiver is fitted with 11.2ch pre-outs (Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height 1, Height 2 and Dual Sub) to connect external amplifiers. The dual subwoofer outputs are discrete. The Zone 2 Pre-Out lets you connect an external amp and pair of speakers in another room of your home.
- Analog Audio Inputs/Output: The Anthem MRX 1120 receiver features five analog stereo audio input jacks. This unit does not offer a Phono input, so you will need to purchase a phono preamp (sold separately) to connect your turntable; or your turntable will need a built-in phono preamp. The receiver also has an analog stereo line output. This analog stereo line output is a 2-channel version of the receiver's selected input source with a fixed output level. It can be used with a headphone amp which has its own volume control.
- Digital Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Anthem MRX 1120 receiver is equipped with three optical (toslink) digital inputs, one optical (toslink) digital output, and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs. The optical output provides a pass-through of the receiver's optical or coaxial digital inputs. The digital inputs/output support up to 5.1ch 24-bit/96kHz audio, including Dolby Digital & DTS.
- Front-Panel Headphone Jack: The Anthem MRX 1120 receiver is fitted with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connection of a set of headphones. You can configure the receiver to mute its speaker outputs & pre-outs when headphones are plugged in or allow the speaker outputs & pre-outs to remain active even when a set of headphones are plugged into the front-panel headphone jack.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (7 rear/1 front) and two HDMI outputs, the MRX 1120 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. The MRX 1120 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The MRX 1120 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR10 out of the box, as well as Dolby Vision and HLG through a USB firmware update.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: The AV receiver does not do upscaling. This unit does not contain any analog video inputs or outputs.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same HDMI audio/video signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
MHL Support: The front-panel HDMI input and rear-panel HDMI 7 input is MHL compatible. This MHL compatible HDMI ports provide easy, direct connection of a MHL compatible Android smartphone. Playback of up to 1080p video and multi-channel audio from the phone is supported. The AV receiver will also charge your connected phone. Play, Stop, and other basic operations can be controlled from the AV receiver's remote control. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the MRX 1120's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
AV LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing if the TV also supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 300ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Standby Pass-Through: When the MRX 1120 is in standby mode (power off), the Standby Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input can be changed using the remote control. So, there's not need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch HDMI sources. You can select from HDMI 1-7 inputs, or the last HDMI input selected.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Anthem MRX 1120 offers wired (Ethernet) & wireless (WiFi) network connectivity, so you can utilize the receiver's ARC (Anthem Room Correction) technology and access DTS Play-Fi online music sources.
DTS Play-Fi: The Anthem MRX 1120 receiver employs DTS Play-Fi for wireless audio that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router. Download the free DTS Play-Fi App onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for control over the MRX 1120's DTS Play-Fi features. DTS Play-Fi lets you wirelessly stream music from a variety of music sources to the Anthem MRX 1120 receiver. The DTs Play-Fi app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art.
- Apple iOS & Android Devices: You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your iTunes music library on your Apple iOS (7.0+) or GoogePlay music library on your Android (4.0+) device to the Anthem AV receiver through the free DTS Play-Fi app.
- Online Music Services: From the free DTS Play-Fi app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio.
- Computer Audio (DLNA): The MRX 1120 receiver is DLNA compliant for playback of MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8/8.1/10) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network through the DTS Play-Fi app. The system will recognize these music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA.
FM Tuner: The AV receiver features a built-in FM tuner. You can store up to 30 FM station presets. The unit does not offer an AM tuner.
Zone 2: The MRX 1120's Zone 2 function allows you to enjoy the same or different audio source in two rooms of your home. You can be enjoying a movie in your main room, while someone else can be listening to a music track in another room. You can select the receiver's FM tuner, analog audio input sources, optical & coaxial digital audio inputs (2ch PCM only), plus DTS Play-Fi content for Zone 2 (HDMI audio/video cannot be sent to Zone 2). Zone 2 consists of speaker level & line-level outputs.
- Speaker-Level: The receiver's Surround Back or Height 2 speakers can be configured to power a pair of Zone 2 speakers. In this setup, you are restricted to 9.1ch, 7.1.2ch, or 5.1.4ch in the main zone and 2ch stereo in Zone 2. Volume of Zone 2 will be controlled by the AV receiver.
- Line-Level: The receiver also contains Zone 2 pre-outs, so you can connect an external amplifier to power a pair of speakers in Zone 2. In this setup, you can continue to listen to 11.1ch or 7.1.4ch in main zone and still enjoy 2ch stereo in Zone 2. You can choose to control the volume of Zone 2 from the receiver or external amplifier.
Zone 2 Input Follows Main (Party Mode): This feature allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2, simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog or digital; including HDMI). During this mode, stereo playback is automatically selected for all zones. The Main Zone & Zone 2's volume level can be adjusted independently. Utilize this function when you want to play back an audio source as background music in two rooms of your home.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same HDMI audio/video signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
Wireless Multi-Room/Multi-Source Audio: DTS Play-Fi is an "Open Ecosystem", so you can easily add more DTS Play-Fi components to your system, regardless of manufacture, for a multiroom audio solution. You can play the same source in each room or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Note: The Anthem MRX 1120 is a DTS Play-Fi wireless receiver and can only receive DTS Play-Fi content from other DTS Play-Fi enabled products. It is not a DTS Play-Fi wireless transmitter and cannot transmit DTS Play-Fi content to other DTS Play-Fi enabled products.
On-Screen Display (OSD): The Anthem MRX 1120 AV receiver offers an on-screen menu system via its main HDMI output. The clean and simple interface of the OSD makes setup and other operations extremely easy.
Backlit Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Anthem MRX 1120 receiver. The remote offers full control over the receiver's main zone, as well as volume and input selection for Zone 2. It provides backlit keys, so the buttons are easily visible even in a dark room.
HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control): The Anthem AV receiver supports HDMI-CEC, which synchronizes the operation of this unit with other HDMI-CEC devices when connected via HDMI. With HDMI-CEC, turning on one component in the system can turn on the rest of the system, same with turning one component off. Not all HDMI-CEC compatible components and functions are guaranteed to work.
Remote App: Download the Anthem AV app onto your Apple (iOS 7.0+) iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android (OS 4.0.3+) smartphone/tablet for remote control of the AV receiver from your compatible mobile device. The Anthem AV app offers similar functionality and control of the AV receiver to that of the factory IR remote. Ethernet connection to the rear-panel of the MRX receiver is required, and your Apple iOS or Android device must be on the same local network.
Note: This app is not recommended if a custom IP or RS-232 control system is or will be controlling the MRX receiver; it is normally best to use one type of network control to prevent conflicts.
Custom Integration Remote Connections: The Anthem AV receiver is fitted with the following custom integration remote inputs/outputs.
- IP Control: The AV receiver offers IP control through its RJ-45 Ethernet jack or wireless WiFi network connection.
- IR Input: The 3.5mm IR input jack allows you to control the receiver without line-of-sight access using an optional IR remote control system (sold separately) and locating the remote sensor in sight.
- 12V Trigger Output: The MRX 1120 has a 3.5mm trigger output to send a 12V/40mA DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier.
- RS-232C Port: The AV receiver's RS-232C port provides seamless integration with a wide range of third-party home automation control systems (such as AMX or Crestron).
Auto Off: When there is no input signal (for 5, 10, 20, 60, 120, or 360 minutes), the MRX 1120 will automatically turn off. You can also disable this function.
Firmware Updates (via USB only): New firmware & software will be released for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware & software updates can be downloaded from the Anthem website onto a USB thumbdrive inserted into your computer. The USB thumbdrive can then be inserted into the receiver's USB port to complete update. This unit does not offer firmware or software updates via a wired or wireless network connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Excellent Reviews [ Michael Apr 14, 2018 ]
I needed something to push my Martin Logan speakers that were not sounding good enough with my other receiver. [ Howard Sep 01, 2017 ]
11 channels of amplification for Dolby Atmos [ John Nov 21, 2016 ]
5 questions already asked
It can pass any type of HDR we have now even the newest standard set for broadcast TV programming. HTH! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Jul 10, 2017 ] Staff
Vietnam is the country of origin listed for the Anthem MRX 1120. However there is no information provided on the brand of DAC used--they are described as "premium 32-bit/768kHz differential-output D/A converters" in the owner's manual. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. Hope that helps! [ Larry Apr 14, 2017 ] Staff
1 answer Does this unit support gapless FLAC (and other) playback via NAS / remote media storage? I keep running across indications this unit does NOT properly support gapless. That is a huge shock to me, especially at this price point. Gapless is extremely important to me and the wife - a beatles nut she is to say the least. Without gapless the original flow is destroyed. [ Michael Mar 09, 2017 ]
Yes NAS to play you would down load PLAY-FI app select MEDIA SERVER sync up to your device. [ Vito Mar 11, 2017 ]
I'm afraid the incremental value of the lip-sync adjustment is not provided in the owner's manual of the MRX 1120. The only details provided about lip-sync indicates "you can manually delay the sound output up to 300ms to synchronize it with the video image" but unfortunately does not specify the increments between 0ms and 300ms. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Larry Feb 07, 2017 ] Staff
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They can compare the different receivers to match your needs and budget. [ Kenny Aug 25, 2016 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Anthem MRX 1120
11.2-channel home theater receiver with Anthem Room Correction, DTS Play-Fi®, and Dolby Atmos®
Anthem MRX 720
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Anthem Room Correction, DTS Play-Fi®, and Dolby Atmos®
11.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS
13.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS