Powered Bluetooth® speaker (Cream)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Marshall Woburn by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Classic look, killer sound
Make no mistake. The Marshall Woburn is not a small guitar amp. Rather, it's a big powerful Bluetooth speaker with an impressively big sound. The confusion's understandable. The Woburn features Marshall's script logo on a woven speaker grille. The vinyl-covered cabinet has an inset brushed-brass control panel with three smooth-motion knobs and a toggle power switch. But really, the Woburn's for streaming music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet and playing it loud.
Top-mounted smooth-motion control knobs resemble those on Marshall amps. (Requires AC power.)
Choice of wired connections
The Woburn also gives you a choice of wired connections for even more entertainment options. It has a stereo minijack input for your portable devices, with a coiled stereo minijack cable that looks like a guitar cable. Stereo RCA connectors let you hook up your turntable with built-in stereo preamp, or other audio component. And there's an optical digital input for playingsound from your TV, Blu-ray player, or digital music server.
Quality sound and build
Inside the Woburn's sturdy enclosureare two 3/4” dome tweeters and two 5-1/4” woofers. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier, ensuring clarity and rich details in your music. And with 140 watts total system power, chances are your music will be heard, no matter howbig the space.
- analog volume, bass and treble control knobs
- two 1" dome tweeters and two 5-1/4" woofers, each with a Class D amplifier
- total system power 140 watts (2 x 20W plus 2 x 50W)
- streams Bluetooth audio from your phone or tablet
- optical digital audio input
- accepts stereo PCM digital audio only; not compatible with Dolby® Digital
- RCA stereo audio input
- stereo minijack input with included coiled minijack cable
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 15-3/4"W x 11-3/8"H x 77/8"D
- weight: 17.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- Two 6' AC power cords (US/EU)
- 18" Stereo minijack cable
- User Manual
Amazing output for our large open concept home! I bought this as a gift for my husband for his 50th birthday. Super classy, attractive, and high quality sound!
Heather, Moretown, VT
Marshall Woburn Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Classic Marshall Design: The Woburn features a classic Marshall design, with a vintage-looking front fret, gold-colored metal details, and the iconic script "Marshall" logo.
Two-Way Stereo Speaker: The Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker houses two 1" dome tweeters and two 5.25" woofers, powered by a 4-channel Class D amplifier rated at 20W x 2ch + 50W x 2ch. Built with advanced components that deliver an accurate response throughout the frequency range, the Woburn packs a punch without compromising the details. The sound is rich and articulate across the entire spectrum, from the deep and powerful bass, throughout the midrange and onto the highest highs. The overall effect is brilliantly reproduced music, full of energy and drive.
Dual Bass Ports: The Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker features a Bass Reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for higher efficiency and deeper bass response.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Marshall Woburn features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0+EDR) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP), CD-quality sound (aptX), and multi-device pairing (SSP). The Woburn can be paired with a variety of Bluetooth-enable devices; including Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more. The Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 33'.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker. Playback control, search functions, and song/artist information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- aptX Codec: In addition to the standard Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Woburn supports the high-quality aptX codec from devices like Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones & tablets. With aptX you can enjoy wireless "CD-like" quality sound.
- Multi-Device SSP: Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) allows devices to be paired without entering PIN codes. The Woburn remembers the last 6 paired devices and connects automatically to the last paired device when turned on again.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marshall Woburn.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Woburn is outfitted with analog & digital inputs for a wired connection.
- Aux Input: The Woburn is fitted with a top-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting practically any portable audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
- Stereo RCA Input: There is a stereo RCA input on the back-panel for connecting an external audio device, like a CD player. If you want to connect a turntable, you will need a turntable with a built-in phono preamp or an external phono preamp (sold separately).
- Optical Digital Input: The speaker features a rear-panel optical (toslink) digital input for connecting your TV or Blu-ray player. The optical digital input only supports 2ch PCM audio (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
Top-Panel Controls: Volume (0-10), Bass (-12 to +6dB @ 180Hz), & Treble (-12 to +6dB @ 3kHz) can be adjusted quickly and easily with the analog control knobs located on the top-panel of the speaker, allowing you fine tune the speaker system to your personal preference. There are also Source/Wake & Pair push-button controls, as well as an On/Off toggle switch.
AC Power: The Marshall Woburn Bluetooth speaker operates off of standard household current via its internal AC power supply and detachable 6' AC power cord.
Note: This unit is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: The Bluetooth speaker automatically turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I like the stanmore and wanted the bigger version [ wesley Oct 18, 2018 ]
I have been looking at the Woburn for a while. The price on Crutchfield was good, and I have shopped at Crutchfield in the past, but never bought anything here before. [ Craig Sep 17, 2018 ]
Excellent reviews, great looks, from CRUTCHFIELD. [ Kent Apr 24, 2017 ]
I loved the Stanmore and wanted more. [ Georgina Dec 23, 2016 ]
I own many Marshall products and they sound as good as the day I purchased them from Crutchfield! [ Erin Nov 03, 2018 ]
Color, size, quality, loudness, reviews [ Lane Oct 07, 2018 ]
Already have an Acton which kicks ass for its size [ Scot Aug 29, 2017 ]
I like it I had one already [ anthony Apr 21, 2017 ]
I have another, smaller, Marshall product and it's fantastic; I figured this would be even better, it was priced right, and I know Crutchfield will back me up with service if I have any issues. [ Champion Nov 29, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
You could set it up for stereo with some audio cables pretty easily by using a splitter. [ Richard Nov 29, 2016 ]
No....However I don't think you will need two...This speaker is unbelievable!!! I have a half acre backyard and you can hear it just fine everywhere!!! The sound and base is amazing!! Trust me you will not be disappointed... [ JEFFREY Oct 19, 2016 ]