Liberty MuxLabs Analog Audio Balun
Standalone analog RCA-to-Ethernet transmitter balun
Our take on the Liberty MuxLabs Analog Audio Balun by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
No more long RCA cable runs
Transmitting quality audio over a long wire run can be tricky. Two of these analog stereo RCA baluns will get the job done. They'll let you send a strong stereo signal over CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cable so you can connect an audio source in one room to a distant amplifier with the shortest possible RCA cables. You'll use one balun to convert from RCA to Ethernet, and the second to convert from Ethernet back to RCA.
What is a balun?
A balun gets its name by converting signals between balanced and unbalanced lines. Balanced cables carry signals over much longer distances than unbalanced lines, thanks to superior noise rejection.
These baluns convert RCA to balanced CAT-5e or CAT-6 connections. The result is clear, crisp signal transmission that offers flexible placement options for your equipment.
- RCA-to-Ethernet balun; 2 required to complete the signal path
- color-coded stereo RCA jacks
- maximum range of 1,000 meters (3,250 feet)
- balanced connection offers excellent fidelity and noise-rejection
- cables required for installation (sold separately)
- 2-7/16"W x 1"H x 2-1/2"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun (Stereo RCA-to-RJ45)
Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun: The MuxLab Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun (500028) allows an unbalanced line-level Hi-Fi stereo analog audio signal to be transmitted via single Cat5e/6 cable in a point-to-point connection to distances of up to 3,250'. The MuxLab Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun (500028) is designed for audio applications where full-range (20Hz to 20kHz), hi-fidelity audio frequency response is required. Used in pairs, the Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun eliminates costly and bulky audio cable, allowing audio equipment to be connected or moved within a structured cabling environment. Applications include - audio distribution, high-fidelity sound systems, custom residential audio systems.
- Male Stereo RCA Connectors: On one end of the MuxLab Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun are male stereo RCA connectors to plug into the analog output of your analog audio source device or analog input of your Hi-Fi stereo system.
- Female RJ45 Jack: On the other end of the Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Balun is a RJ45 Ethernet jack which connects two of the Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Baluns together in order to transmit an analog audio signal from your source device to your stereo system, using Cat5e/6 cable (sold separately).
Note: Two MuxLab Stereo Audio Hi-Fi Baluns (500028) are required; one is installed at the analog audio source device and the other at the Hi-Fi stereo system.
- 3dB Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Input: 1.1Vp-p (unbalanced)
- Insertion Loss: Less than 2dB
- Common Mode Rejection: Greater than 60dB @ 1kHz / Greater than 40dB over frequency range
- THD: Less than 0.007% @1KHz
- Impedance: 100 Ω maximum (source) / 10k Ω minimum (receiver)
- Max Distance: 3,250' (1km)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.