Westone W80 Signature Series
Item # 842W80 | MFR # 78508
This item is no longer available.
- each earbud uses eight balanced-armature drivers for pristine, uncompromised sound
- two drivers each dedicated to lows and mids
- four drivers dedicated to highs
- passive 3-way crossover
- left and right channel matched to +/-2dB tolerance
- Up & Over™ cord routing system keeps headphones secured to ear
- up to 35dB of ambient noise reduction
- two detachable cables included, both terminated with a 3.5mm miniplug:
- one braided, silver-plated copper listening cable
- one cable with rubberized in-line remote and microphone for controlling music and taking calls with an iPhone®
- includes 5 pairs of silicone tips and 5 pairs of foam tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- three different colors of removable metallic eartip faceplates (silver, gold, red, and blue)
- two rugged carrying cases included
- frequency response: 5-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 111 dB
- impedance: 25 ohms
- weight: .45 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear monitors with attached 55" cable and in-line remote/microphone (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 48" ALO audio cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 4 Faceplates (1 installed)
- Faceplate attachment tool
- 5 Pairs of STAR silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 5 Pairs of True-Fit foam ear tips
- Ear tip cleaning tool
- Cleaning cloth
- Mesh drawstring bag
- Small zippered case
- Large zippered case
- Owner's Manual
- ALO cable info
I bought the w60 and couldn't believe how a pair of little earbuds packed such a punch. I returned them for thr w80 and these just sound amazing to my ears. The detail, clarity, separation is amazing and it should be for the price. I totally recommend these they are a great product .
JORDAN, Long Beach, NY
Westone W80 Signature Series Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Westone Signature W80 in-ear headphones features eight balanced armature drivers, with dual bass, dual mids, and quad high, linked with a 3-way passive crossover. Ten pairs of ear tips in assorted sizes and materials provide maximum comfort for all-day wear. In addition, you get two interchangeable cables, including one with an in-line remote/microphone for music and phone call control. The W80s come with a mesh storage pouch, cleaning tool, cleaning cloth, and small and large premium carrying cases.
Eight Driver System: The W80s are equipped with an Eight Driver System, consisting of 8 balanced armature drivers with a 3-way crossover network, for unprecedented sound and detail. The W80s feature quad drivers for the high frequencies, two for the midrange, and two for the bass. These efficient in-ear headphones (111dB sensitivity) deliver more power and control than traditional dynamic drivers. Because the drivers are smaller, the ear buds fit snugly into your ear for comfort and in-ear coupling for best sound quality.
Two Cables: The W80 comes with a 55" MFI (made for iPhone) cable with a 3-button remote control and microphone. The remote is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for volume, tracking, phone answer/end, and Siri activation. There is limited functionality with other smartphones. A 48" ALO Audio Reference 8 cable is also included, featuring four 32-gauge silver-plated high purity OFC conductors and four 32-gauge bare Ohno continuous cast copper conductors. Twisted together, the eight conductors effectively equal 23-gauge. The ALO cable contains no remote or microphone. The MMCX connector on the ear buds allows you to easily exchange the cables whenever you like.
True-Fit Technology: Five pairs of patented STAR Silicone Tips and five pairs of True-Fit Foam Tips are included with the headphones. The Up & Over cable routing found on both cables helps keep the ear buds in the proper place and prevents the headphones from falling out. The STAR Silicone Tips and the True-Fit Foam Tips come in five sizes each, ensuring a superior fit and maximum comfort. With a proper fit, these in-ear headphones shut out external sounds, boasting an incredible 35dB passive noise attenuation. For convenience, a wax removal tool and cleaning cloth are included to keep your ear tips clean and working at top efficiency.
Exchangeable Faceplates: The W80s include four pairs of interchangeable metallic faceplates: blue (installed on the ear buds out of the box), gold, silver, and red. Each faceplate has the W80 logo on one side and the L or R designation to indicate the proper channels. A special tool is required to remove and attach the faceplates, and is included in the box.
Storage: The Westone W80 in-ear headphones come with a Premium Deluxe carrying case, a Premium Small carrying case, and a mesh drawstring pouch to store and protect your headphones, tools, and spare ear tips.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 111 dB @ 1 mW
- Impedance: 5Ω
- Passive Noise Attenuation: Up to 35dB
- Driver: Eight balanced armature drivers with a 3-way crossover
- Weight: 0.7 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.