Harman Kardon Esquire 2
Ultra-thin portable Bluetooth® speaker (Gray)
Our take on the Harman Kardon Esquire 2 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Esquire 2 means business
The Harman Kardon Esquire 2 is made for the business traveler. Even just holding it, the feel of its smooth, leather-clad aluminum case made me feel like an executive. And it's slender enough to slip into the inside pocket of a suit coat — had I been wearing one. In addition to its clean, compact design, the Esquire 2 is packed with thoughtful, business-friendly features.
Four built-in microphones make the Esquire 2 ideal for conference calls (smartphone not included).
Versatile speakerphone for one or more
A built-in kickstand holds the Esquire 2 upright, ideal for individual hands-free calling. When you pull out the stand, the single voice mic is activated and ready when a call comes through your paired smartphone.
Inside the Esquire 2 are four microphones positioned to pick up sound in a full 360° range. Just lay the speaker in the middle of your conference table to activate the four-microphone array. Noise and echo reduction circuitry ensure the microphones pick up the best possible sound, even if your meeting space is in a restaurant or airport lounge.
Pair and share
You can pair two devices simultaneously to the Esquire 2. Watch a movie in your hotel room on your tablet using the Esquire 2 as the speaker, and hear calls come through on your paired smartphone. Or you and a friend can take turns playing DJ for a co-worker's birthday party.
Built to travel
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous operation. And if your smartphone's battery starts to run low, you can recharge it through the Esquire 2's USB port. No more hunting for an outlet at the airport!
- Bluetooth wireless streaming from compatible smartphones and tablets
- 4 full-range drivers
- 16 watts total system power (8 watts x 2)
- 4 built-in noise-canceling microphones for hands-free wireless speakerphone and 360° conference call operation
- leather-paneled aluminum enclosure
- pair 2 devices simultaneously
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- USB port to recharge portable devices
- USB charging cable
- built-in kickstand
- built-in lithium-ion 3200mAH rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours
- 7-1/2"W x 5-1/8"H x 1-5/16"D
- weight: 1.32 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 39" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Car
Great sound, volume and looks in a small package.
Shane, Duncan, OK
Harman Kardon Esquire 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Built-in Bluetooth: The Harman/Kardon Esquire 2 portable speaker offers built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1) technology for wireless audio streaming and hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Macintosh laptop/computer, and more.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.5): The Harman/Kardon Esquire 2 supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for advance music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP 1.6/HSP 1.2): The Harman/Kardon Esquire 2 can be used as a speakerphone for your Bluetooth smartphone. The H/K Esquire 2 features four built-in microphones with VoiceLogic noise and echo canceling technology, plus 360° voice pick up for crystal clear conversations. You'll be able to carry on your side of the conversation through the H/K Esquire 2's quad-microphone system, while the other party is heard through the Esquire 2's speakers. There is an "answer/end" button on the Esquire 2, plus a microphone mute function. Whether conferencing with one person or with a group, the Esquire 2 delivers quality sound and reliable connection from phone calls, Skype, Facetime, and more. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to view video calls, dial a phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Simple Secure Pairing: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Harman/Kardon Esquire 2 without entering a pin-code. Once paired, the Esquire 2 will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (30'). Up to two devices can be paired with the Esquire 2.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the H/K Esquire 2.
Four Driver Speaker System: The H/K Esquire 2 delivers rich high-end acoustics by incorporating advanced acoustic engineering into four 1.25" professionally tuned full-range drivers. The drivers are powered by an 8-watt x 2-channel amplifier.
Aluminum & Leather Construction: This durable, portable speaker features aluminum construction, leather back-panel, and a patented grill design. Available in a black, gold, or gray finish.
Kick Stand: The Harman/Kardon Esquire 2 can simply be laid on its back with its four drivers pointed up or placed on its side via the integrated kick-stand, so the four drivers are angled forward.
Aux Input: The H/K Esquire 2 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect virtually any portable audio device with a headphone output.
USB Charging Port: The Esquire 2 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device using the speaker's built-in USB (type-A) port rated a 5V/1A. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The Harman/Kardon Esquire 2's built-in rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery (3.7V/3200mAh) provides up to 8 hours of music and/or conference-calling time. The Esquire 2 includes a microUSB port and USB charging cable which can be plugged into a free USB port on your computer or a 3rd party USB/AC adapter (sold separately) to charge the speaker.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Replacement of lost or stolen speaker [ Gregg Nov 09, 2017 ]
It looks small and flat. Should be easy to pack in a suitcase. [ MARC O Jul 13, 2016 ]
I own a HK Onyx Studio 2 and a Mini Esquire. The Onyx bass and high end is exceptional! The Mini does not have the bass response of the Onyx Studio 2, but it's high end, clear and crisp speakerphone, and portability are worth it, especially at the lower price of $120. It slips in my shirt pocket and it's perfect for those on the go with the internal battery charger capability to charge usb devices. [ Roger Jul 04, 2016 ]
Research based decision. [ Geronimo May 19, 2016 ]
I wanted the Harman Kardon sound in a very elegant looking and sleek design. [ Angelo Jul 19, 2018 ]
I've enjoyed the Harman Kardon brand over the years. Solid performance, but it would be nice if the speaker could go a little quieter for office environments. The 4 directional mics are a great for audio conferencing. [ Blake Sep 23, 2017 ]