INSTEON Comfort Kit
Home automation kit with dimmers and smart thermostat
Our take on the INSTEON Comfort Kit by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Control your thermostat and lights for ultimate comfort
This INSTEON system can help you save some money on the heating and cooling bills,plus it gives you intuitive and advanced control over your home's lighting. Download the free INSTEON app for Apple® and Android™ devices, and you have complete control over the included thermostat module, even when you're away. You can set the HVAC to turn on and off on a timed schedule, base it on preset temperature or humidity levels in the house, or use the mobile interface to raise and lower temperature on the spot, as needed.
NOTE: The Insteon thermostat is not compatible with heat pumps.
Build your own home automation system
INSTEON is an easy-to-install, web-based system that lets you interact with various devices in your home using your smartphone or tablet of choice. It's fully modular and customizable with a wide range of add-on sensors, dimmers, switches, IP cameras, and more, so you can custom-tailor your system to your specific needs.
The INSTEON Comfort Kit is a great way to start automating your home. Here's what you get:
- the INSTEON Hub: the central "brain" of your home automation system. It connects to the Internet, so you can monitor and control your home, even when you're on vacation miles away.
- INSTEON's wired thermostat allows push-button operation via your mobile device, or in response to pre-set schedules or changes in humidity.
- two dimmer modules: these devices plug into regular AC outlets and let you hook up lamps in different parts of your home. Just download the free INSTEON app and you're ready to go.
Move beyond the simple ON/OFF switch
There's more to comfortable lighting than turning lamps on or off. The INSTEON hub gives you more direct control over the lamps you plug into the included dimmer modules. Custom On-Level lets you pick how bright your lamp is when you turn it on. Set the brightness to be anywhere from 1 to 100%, so you're not being blinded every time you enter a room. Adjustable Ramp Rates let you specify how quickly or slowly a lamp turns on, brightening from off to on over the course of seconds or minutes.
Once you get the hang of setting up rules and functions for two lights, you can add as many INSTEON modules or detectors as you wish. As you add more lamps to your INSTEON system, you can give each its own set of instructions. Control multiple lights with a single button via Scenes. Scenes let you gracefully fade lights in and out with preset On-Levels and Ramp Rates. The living room can have a rosy glow during the early evening hours, then you can go completely dark for movie night with the touch of a single button. When the movie's over and you're ready to head off to bed, have your bedside reading lamp on as you move to your bedroom.
- INSTEON hub, dimmer modules and smart thermostat allow you to set up automated temperature and lighting presets
- modular system can be expanded with purchase of additional INSTEON devices
- Apple Watch owners can control INSTEON home automation modules with the free INSTEON Apple Watch app
- free INSTEON app turns your smartphone or tablet into a sophisticated remote control for connected modules
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- connects to the Internet and controls all of your INSTEON devices
- dual-band technology combines wireless and power-line signals for extremely reliable, far-reaching control
- allows you to turn INSTEON switches on and off, and dim and brighten lights
- create scene modes that customize lighting throughout your home
- schedule INSTEON devices to turn on and off at sunrise, sunset or any time during the day
- serves as control center for any future INSTEON modules you may add, including sensors, thermostat, cameras, and more
- 4"W x 7"H x 1-1/2"D
- weight: 5 oz.
Dimmer Modules (2):
- control multiple lights from a single location
- Scene modes let you gracefully fade lights in and out with preset On-Levels and Ramp Rates
- customizable On-Level lets you pick how bright your lamp is when you turn it on, from 1 to 100%
- programmable ramp rate lets you specify how quickly or slowly a lamp turns on, gradually brightening over the course of 0.1 seconds to 8 minutes
- maximum load: 300 watts
- 2-1/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 2" D
- weight: 5.2 oz. (each)
- indoor thermostat module with remote-control ability
- communicates wirelessly over radio frequency
- NOTE: The Insteon thermostat is not compatible with heat pumps
- can be networked with INSTEON sensors (not included) to automatically shut off AC/heat when a door or window is left open
- scene modes can be set to control heating and cooling based on sensor information
- 5-3/4"W x 3-5/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- weight: 8.8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Insteon Hub (2242-222)
- 77" AC cord
- 6' Ethernet cable with in-line noise filter (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- Thermostat (2441TH)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- 2 LampLinc Dimmer Dual-band (2457D2)
- Quick Start Guide (Comfort Kit)
- Quick Start Guide (Hub)
- Quick Start Guide (Thermostat)
- 2 Quick Start Guides (Dimmers)
- Wire Color code stickers
- FCC compliance statement
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
INSTEON Comfort Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Insteon Comfort Kit lets you wirelessly control your thermostat and dim the lights from your smartphone, tablet, or computer via Wi-Fi. The kit includes the Insteon hub, a replacement thermostat, and two lamp dimmer modules. You can expand the Comfort Kit by adding more Insteon devices.
Important Note: The Insteon Thermostat is not compatible with heat pumps or line voltage systems.
Insteon Hub: The Insteon Hub is the interface between your smartphone, tablet, or computer and the Insteon devices. You will need to download and install the Insteon for Hub app from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your mobile device, or HouseLinc for your PC. The hub lets you setup, control, and manage the devices, including setting up timers and schedules, program the devices, and receive alerts. The hub plugs into a wall outlet and your internet router using the supplied power and Ethernet cables.
Insteon Thermostat: The Insteon Thermostat is a 7-day programmable thermostat that replaces your HVAC system's thermostat. It includes a humidity sensor and 2-stage heating and 2-stage cooling capabilities. You can expand the system by creating extra temperature zones in your home by adding one or more Wireless Thermostats to the system. On the outside, the thermostat has two controls: Up/down buttons to adjust the temperature set point, and a Mode button to select the operational mode of the HVAC system: Heat, Cool, Auto, Time of Day, and Off. Behind the cover, you'll find another 7 controls: Set, Program, Time/Sensor, Master, Fan, Hold, and Energy (Leaf).
Note: The thermostat is compatible with 24-volt based heating and cooling systems, including 1- and 2-stage heating, 1- and 2-stage cooling, and forced air fan.
Insteon Plug-in Dimmer Module: The Insteon Comfort Kit contains two plug-in dimmer modules. These modules plug into a standard 2- or 3-pronged receptacle, and can be used to control a lamp or other plug-in device. You can control a light remotely, or use the side-mounted controls to dim/brighten the lamp, or turn on/off locally. The integrated dimmer has 32 dim levels and 32 ramp rates. The setup state is stored in non-volatile memory, so you won't have to reset them after a power outage. This dual-band dimmer module transmits and receives Insteon commands over the power line or via RF signals, and can also be used as an access point.
Note: The dimmer module controls all standard incandescent lamps and other plug-in devices up to 300 watts. It cannot be used with compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Hub: Width: 7.191" Height: 1.405" Depth: 4.148"
- Thermostat: Width: 5.83" Height: 3.59" Depth: 1.136"
- Dimmer Modules: Width: 2.098" Height: 3.23" Depth: 1.011" (1.708" w/plugs)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
First price was exellent. Free shipping. Great reviews on devices [ Charles Oct 14, 2017 ]