Art Monitor® over-ear headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z - Closed-back design and sturdy aluminum housings help produce strong, natural bass
Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z - Hand-crafted 53" drivers deliver highly accurate, precisely-detailed sound
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- hand-assembled, large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver incredibly detailed high-resolution sound
- highly-efficient bobbin-wound voice coil design provides clear, accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for precise movement
- sturdy aluminum housings and lightweight magnesium baffle help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep, natural bass
- headset with auto-adjusting 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- stitched, oversized earpads
- 118" cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-43,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 9.3 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (red) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
Not for bassheads. Amazing for everything else. Super comfortable for my larger head.
Edward, Seattle, WA
Audio-Technica ATH-A1000Z Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.125" x 4.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-43k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A1000Z is part of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A1000Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature bobbin-wound voice coils with 7N-grade (99.99999%-pure) oxygen-free copper wire (OFC-7N) for ultra-efficient signal transfer, superior performance, and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in lightweight aluminum housings with a magnesium alloy baffle, which reduces unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the high-quality, stitched earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A1000Z has a 10' attached dual-sided cable with an elastomer sheath that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable features 4 cores of 6N-grade (99.9999%-pure) oxygen-free copper (OFC-6N) The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 43kHz
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.125", Depth: 1.994"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 12.2 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I've been using the ATH-M70x cans for the last year or so. I like them a lot and thus trust the Audio-Technica line. The specs on the A1000z are superior to the pair I use now and will take the plunge. I've spent a lot of time educating myself about hi-res files and believe using these cans and my DAC I'll hear every bit of music on my files and none of the noise. [ Scott Dec 15, 2017 ]
I has good reviews online. [ Lennart Feb 24, 2017 ]
Frequently Compared With
Art Monitor® over-ear headphones
Over-ear studio monitor headphones$169.99
Sennheiser HD 1 G
Over-ear headphones for Samsung Galaxy®
AudioQuest Nighthawk Carbon
Semi-open over-ear headphones