Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO
Telephoto prime lens for Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other mirrorless cameras
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO - The Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO is weather-sealed so it can be used in rainy or dusty conditions
Item # 279M300MM | MFR # V311070BU000
$2,499.00 Earn up to 2,499 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
The Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO is weather-sealed for shooting in harsh conditions.
Extend your reach
With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 600mm, the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO has amazing reach for its size. Seriously, a pro-quality lens that covers that much ground and weighs in at less than five pounds (3.25, to be exact) is pretty much unheard of. Add Olympus' MC-14 1.4X teleconverter to extend this powerful lens' focal length to a whopping 840mm. The best part? Thanks to its light weight and built-in image stabilization, you can use it without a tripod. This premium lens boasts professional build quality with durable metal construction and protective weather-sealing for smooth, long-lasting performance in all kinds of harsh conditions. According to Olympus, innovative construction and new coating technology make this the highest-resolution lens the company has to offer.
- Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN and OM-D cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- compatible with mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 600mm
- dust-, splash-, and freeze-proof design
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 4.6'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/4
- 17 elements in 10 groups
- 3 Super ED (Extra-low-dispersion) elements, 3 HR (High refractive index) elements, and 1 E-HR (Extra-high refractive index) element for maximum clarity and contrast with minimal distortion
- new Z Coating Nano technology significantly reduces ghosting and flare
- Sync IS synchronized image stabilization works with 5-axis stabilization in select OM-D cameras for crisp, clear telephoto images
- manual focus clutch mechanism for fast, easy switching between manual focus and autofocus
- Focus Limit switch lets you select an autofocus range for faster focusing
- rounded 9-blade aperture design for more natural out-of-focus image areas
- built-in retractable lens hood
- programmable LF-n button can be assigned to 1 of 27 different functions
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- lens is 8-5/16" long
- front and rear lens caps
- tripod mount
- DR-79 tripod mount decoration ring
- lens case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- M.Zuiko 300mm f4.0 IS PRO telephoto lens
- LC-77B front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 rear lens cap (installed)
- LSC-1127 Soft lens case
- Tripod ring (installed)
- DR-79 Decoration Ring
- Warranty Card
The Zuiko 300mm f/4! mounted on the EM-1 it gives incredible stabilization, stunning pin sharp images even wide open. I must mention Crutchfield that They are an excellent company to buy from. We found them very courteous, professional and informative and would rate their company at the tops.
Anonymous, Quarryville, Pa
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f4.0 IS PRO lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount, and is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras.
Lens Construction: The 300mm f4.0 IS PRO lens delivers superior optical performance due to the multiple lens elements that make up its construction. There are 17 lens elements in 10 groups. The lens includes 3 Super ED, 1 E-HR, and 3 HR lens elements to reduce color bleeding and chromatic aberrations that typically occur in super-telephoto lenses. The lens also features Z Coating Nano lens coatings to eliminate lens flares and ghosting caused by in-frame light sources.
Weather-resistant: The M.Zuiko 300mm PRO lens features premium metal construction that is hermetically sealed in 17 locations to protect the inner workings from moisture and dust. The lens is not only splashproof and dustproof, but is freezeproof down to 14°F (-10°C) to complement the weatherproof camera body of the Olympus OM-D line.
Image Stabilization (IS): The lens features internal image stabilization that works hand-in-hand with the 5-Axis Image Stabilization found in select OM-D cameras to give you compensation of up to 6 shutter speed steps. With this Synchronized Image Stabilization, you get crisp, clear telephoto images, even without a tripod. You can turn the image stabilization on or off via the IS switch on the lens barrel.
Auto Focus: The M.Zuiko Digital lens is equipped with a single internal focusing element that gives you blazing fast autofocus performance. The lens has silent autofocus and aperture mechanisms to make the lens Movie and Still Compatible (MSC). Most OM-D cameras have a Silent Mode with an electronic shutter that let you focus and shoot in complete silence.
Focus Limit Switch: The 3-way Focus Limit Switch lets you limit the focusing range of the lens. If you know ahead of time that your focus range will be short or distant, you can significantly cut the focusing time by selecting the range. You can choose from the following ranges: Full Range (1.4 meters to infinity), 1.4 (55.1") to 4m (13.1'), or 4m to infinity.
Manual Focus Clutch: The 300mm f4.0 IS PRO lens features a manual focus clutch on the focus ring to let you instantly shift from autofocus to manual focus. The clutch allows you to manually preset a focus position using the distance meter. When you pull the clutch ring toward you from the AF mode, the lens returns to the preset focus position.
Integrated Lens Hood: The lens includes an integrated lens hood which can be pulled forward to help prevent stray light from entering the lens. When in use, the lens hood also protects the front lens element from scratches and damage. The lens hood adds nearly 2" to the overall length of the lens when extended. The hood cannot be removed from the lens.
Lens Function Button: The L-Fn (Lens Function) button on the barrel of the lens can be programmed to perform one of 27 different functions.
Tripod Mount: Because of the length and weight of the lens, the M.Zuiko 300mm PRO lens comes with a tripod mount. The tripod mount gives you better balance when shooting from a tripod. You can also quickly rotate the camera from portrait to landscape orientation, or vice versa, with the tripod mount. Marks at 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270° let you perfectly align the camera. The tripod mount's base is compatible with many quick release shoes found on professional tripods. When not in use, the tripod mount can be removed and replaced with the included decoration ring.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 300mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 600mm
- Maximum Aperture: f4.0
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Angle of View: 4.1°
- Maximum Magnification: 0.24x (0.48x 35mm equivalent)
- Minimum Field Size: 72.1 x 54.2mm
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 10 groups (including 3 Super ED lenses, 1 EHR lens, and 3 HR lenses)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 55.1"
- Diaphragm: 9 blade circular aperture
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.629", Length 9.087" (9.516" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 44.8 ounces (without caps, tripod ring, and decoration ring)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.