NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi® Range Extender
802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit (EX6150)
From Netgear: Get Complete Home Wireless Internet Coverage with WiFi Range Extenders
Our take on the NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi® Range Extender by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Added range for your high-speed wireless signal
Even when you've upgraded to a super-fast router, you may find that certain areas of the house aren't getting the full benefit of your investment. The NETGEAR EX6150/AC1200 can pick up weak and intermittent signals at the edge of a router's range and amplify them, so dead zones are filled with super-fast 1200 Mbps wireless signal. The module plugs into a standard wall socket, so it can be located in a home office, child's bedroom, or anywhere else your network struggles to reach.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless range extender
- can also be used to create a new Wi-Fi® access point
- extends 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals from existing routers for better range
- AC1200 (300 Mbps+900 Mbps)
- one 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- plugs into standard wall socket
- smart LED indicators help with ideal placement of module
- FastLane™ feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands for HD gaming and video streaming
- Push 'N' Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS)1
- security: Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- 2-15/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 1-1/2"D
- weight: 10.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- WiFi range extender
- Installation Guide
works great outstanding range
Tom, Largo, FL
NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi® Range Extender Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
WiFi Range Extender: The NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6150) boosts your existing WiFi network by increasing its range and speed. It works with any standard WiFi router to deliver AC1200 dual band WiFi with up to 1200 Mbps. The AC1200 WiFi Range Extender delivers fast WiFi speed and connectivity for smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, and more. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides WiFi connectivity to a wired device like Blu-ray players, game consoles, smart TVs or streaming players over your existing WiFi network.
Applications: Add this WiFi Range Extender to strengthen the WiFi connection in a dead zone of your home or office. Or, boost a hotel's WiFi or connect to a wired Internet connection to create your own AC1200 WiFi hotspot. With the AC1200 WiFi Range Extender you can improve your mobile WiFi speeds by up to 100%. Even, use the WiFi Range Extender as a network bridge for a local LAN device.
802.11ac: The extender supports the 802.11ac networking standard. This new standard offers better speed, improved reliability, and more range than older WiFi networking standards. The extender is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi a/b/g/n standards. However, to get the benefits of 802.11ac, your WiFi router must support the 802.11ac WiFi networking standard. In comparison, the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard is 3x faster than the older 802.11n WiFi standard.
FastLane Technology: FastLane technology improves performance using both WiFi bands. Get the most out of your HD entertainment with FastLane technology. With FastLane technology, the extender connects to your router using one band and connects to your devices using another band. Because a band is dedicated to each function, performance is enhance. FastLane Technology is ideal for HD streaming & online gaming. When you enable FastLane Technology, two options are available.
- Use the 2.4 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi devices and use the 5 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi router. Use this mode if your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band but the devices that you want to use for gaming and streaming support the 2.4 GHz band.
- Use the 5 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi devices and use the 2.4 GHz band to connect the extender to the WiFi router. Use this mode if the devices that you want to use for gaming and streaming support the 5 GHz band but your WiFi router supports the 2.4 GHz band.
Note: If all your devices and your WiFi router support only the 2.4 GHz band, or all your devices and your WiFi router support only the 5 GHz band, do not enable FastLane Technology.
Two WiFi Modes: NETGEAR's AC1200 increases the distance of a WiFi network. The extender can connect to your network's WiFi signal and then boost that signal or it can connect to your network with a wired connection and work as an access point. You use the Access Point/Extender switch on the side of the extender to select which way you want to use the extender.
- Extender Mode: In Extender mode, the extender connects to your existing network's WiFi signal and it rebroadcasts two extender WiFi signals, one in the 2.4 GHz band, and another in the 5 GHz band. When you are too far away to connect to your network's WiFi signal, you can connect to an extender WiFi signal instead.
- Access Point Mode: Access Point mode creates a WiFi hotspot using a wired Ethernet connection. You can use the extender in access point mode as a WiFi access point and create a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection.
Dual-Band WiFi w/ External Antennas: The NETGEAR AC1200 features dual-band WiFi with up to 300 Mbps for 2.4 GHz network and 900 Mbps for 5 GHz network. It also features two external antennas for extended range and maximum signal coverage.
Gigabit Ethernet Port: There is one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology. This Gigabit Ethernet port is used to connect a wired device like a smart TV or game console to your home's WiFi network.
Flexible & Secure Setup: The WiFi range extender offers WPS & Web Browser setup. Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security.
- WPS: You can use WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the extender to your WiFi router without typing your existing router's WiFi network name (SSID) or WiFi password.
- Web Browser: You can use a web browser to log in to the extender and set up its WiFi connection to your existing WiFi router.
WiFi Analytics App: Use the NETGEAR WiFi Analytics app on your Android (OS 2.2+) smartphone or tablet to get advanced analytics to optimize your existing or newly extended WiFi network. Check your network status, WiFi signal strength, identify crowded WiFi channels and much more.
Wall-Plug Design: The AC1200 WiFi Range Extender's convenient wall plug design offers discreet and easy placement. It simply plugs into a AC power outlet.
Smart LED: Smart LED indicators help find the best extender placement for optimal WiFi coverage while displaying real-time, extender network status
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Router Type: 2.4 and/or 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20 or Safari 5.1, or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher
Firmware Updates: The extender is set up to check for new firmware automatically at login. Click here for the latest firmware/software updates from NETGEAR.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Sonny's expert advise. Thanks Sonny. [ Paul Apr 26, 2018 ]
Recommended [ Ileana Mar 19, 2018 ]
Good reviews for ease of setup and effectiveness. Compact size. [ Jonathan Dec 23, 2017 ]
It was/is rated Very high on all sites that Ive checked, including Crutchfield, it averages about 4.7 out of 5 with More than 8,000 reviews colectively [ Lionel Aug 02, 2017 ]
Price and it was a top seller [ Amy May 24, 2017 ]
Good reviews and scratch and dent pricing. [ NICHOLAS Apr 27, 2017 ]
recommended by CJ and no cabling required - Just plug it in!! Also read it was easy setup [ Mark Jan 13, 2017 ]
Expanded the range in my home & hardware for greater speed [ TERANCE W Nov 30, 2016 ]
I needed a WiFi extender and this works great. WiFi extends to the rear of my 1 acre property. Exactly what I needed. [ Paul Nov 27, 2016 ]
I needed wifi throughout the house [ TINI Nov 27, 2016 ]
Recommended [ CARLOS Oct 20, 2016 ]
Solid recommendation from a customer service rep. Crutchfield crew recommendations are always trustworthy, so I'm eager to take this for a spin. [ NICHOLAS Jul 27, 2016 ]
After having no success with household wiring dependent WiFi extenders, this one did the trick! I can now stream with the not-WiFi-ready Marantz AVR7007. It works so well I bought a second one for a similar application in another location. [ PAUL T Mar 08, 2016 ]
Your webpage description and customer reviews [ T Jan 02, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
The extension range in feet can vary depending on what type of Wi-Fi your router is compatible with, the connection speed of your Internet provider, how many/what type of walls or obstructions are in the way, etc. so there's no real way to know exactly. However, this unit was designed to pick up weak and intermittent signals at the edge of a router's range and amplify them, so dead zones are filled with super-fast 1200 Mbps wireless signal. [ Larry Dec 09, 2015 ] Staff
I cannot find specific information on how many feet it will work; not even on their site. However, I know that the extra distance will vary depending on what you are doing and how much bandwidth is needed with the distances getting shorter as the bandwidth needed increases. [ Paul Dec 09, 2015 ] Staff