7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
Our take on the Onkyo TX-RZ620 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Big sound for any space
The Onkyo TX-RZ620 works with the latest 4K TVs and Blu-ray players, delivering multidimensional sound to match the stunning Ultra HD picture quality. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X add an extra layer of realism, for a feeling of full-on immersion.
The RZ series difference
Onkyo's premium RZ Series home theater receivers deliver music and movie soundtracks with detail and accuracy. The 'RZ620 is constructed with quality components like large custom capacitors for consistently great sound throughout the frequency range, and discrete non-phase shift amp circuits for a clearly focused audio image and reduced distortion even at high volume levels.
Geared toward great sound
A premium 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter gives you crystal-clear reproduction of music, TV, and movie soundtracks. Dynamic Audio Amplification delivers massive power with low distortion for thrilling movie sound effects. Phase-matching Bass Enhancement lets you enjoy deep, satisfying low-frequency effects while vocals and dialogue remain clear.
This receiver also decodes high-resolution audio formats. And Onkyo's Music Optimizer improves the sound from compressed audio files and Bluetooth streams, so you get clear, detailed sound no matter how you listen.
Easy wireless music listening
Built-in Wi-Fi lets you access the music you have stored on your networked computer so you can easily play tracks from your personal library through the 'RZ620. Chromecast built-in (requires a firmware update, available now) lets you use your computer, phone, or tablet to stream music from over 100 audio apps to the receiver.
Use the Onkyo Controller app to control streaming from your mobile device. Apple® AirPlay® lets you stream from a compatible iOS® device or from any computer with iTunes®. And Bluetooth adds even more wireless music options.
Music in two rooms
The 'RZ620 can power a total of seven speakers simultaneously with its seven amplifier channels. But it has outputs for nine speakers, allowing for flexible speaker configurations. If you're happy with 5.2-channel surround sound in your living room, you can use the receiver's powered Zone 2 outputs to connect a pair of speakers for stereo sound in another room.
You can also connect a stereo receiver or amplifier through line-level Zone 2 connections and use the 'RZ620 as a preamp for that zone. That gives you full 7.2-channel surround sound in your home theater and stereo sound in a second room.
A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same content on a TV and projector in the same room. Use the Onkyo Controller app to control playback in different zones from anywhere in the house.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at .08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- AccuEQ automatic speaker calibration optimizes your system's sound for your room (microphone included)
- AccuReflex technology aligns phase of up-firing "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL (subscription required for some services)
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps (firmware update available)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer
- PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
- DTS Play-Fi® available via firmware update
- dual-zone/dual-source output
- powered stereo audio outputs for 2nd room
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2 home theater in main room
- line-level 2nd-room output for use with a separate amplifier or powered speakers
Audio Performance Features:
- 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter for clear sound from digital sources
- Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files and Bluetooth streams
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning height channels
- HDMI audio/video switching: 7 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR 10 and Dolby Vision
- 2 component video inputs
- 2 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo audio inputs
- phono input for direct connection of a turntable
- rear-panel USB port for audio playback from USB storage devices
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 9 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Zone 2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of seven channels at once
- RS 232, IR, and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- free Onkyo Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- Phase-Matching Bass optimizes low frequencies to preserve clarity with vocals and movie dialogue
- 40 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 7"H x 15-11/16"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-911R)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Setup microphone
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Basic Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Chromecast built-in support" sheet
- "Play-Fi support" sheet
- Product Registration/Warranty Information
Great home theater receiver easy set up great for my speakers
Martin, Kahului, HI
Onkyo TX-RZ620 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
RZ Series: Onkyo's premium RZ series AV receivers feature upgraded components, such as a massive transformer and custom capacitors that provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at extreme volume levels. The RZ series amplifier delivers a significant boost to the dynamics, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs a stunning emotional impact. The RZ series is backed by a 3 year parts & labor warranty.
Dynamic Audio Amplification: The TX-RZ620 AV receiver features Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 100 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08%, driving 2 channels). Onkyo's new Dynamic Audio Amplification technology incorporates a Hi-Current, non-phase shift amplifier design with discrete output stage circuitry and a H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply) capable of driving 4-16Ω speakers with dynamic control, while producing clear, detailed sound.
- Hi-Current Amp Design w/ Discrete Output Stage: The unique elements of Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification system comprise high-current, low-impedance architecture with discrete output stage circuitry & custom audio capacitors for instantaneous high-current power and precisely control of your loudspeakers for dynamic, accurate sound.
- Non-Phase-Shift Amplification Circuitry: Onkyo's Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT) circuit layout prevents phase shifting by pushing the roll-off point higher than the listening-level frequency. Amplifying sound without phase shift creates an uncommonly well-focused and realistic audio image.
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply): The receiver's High Current Power Supply (H.C.P.S.) transformer features an isolated power supply design and high-capacity filter capacitors to deliver large amounts of power necessary for reproducing the wide dynamics of movie soundtracks and the detail and clarity of your music.
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry: Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry adjusts the gain so that less than half the amount of attenuation is needed, ensuring the signal never comes close to the noise floor. This protects the signal against noise, resulting in a dramatically clearer sound.
- Solid Aluminum Front-Panel: A solid aluminum front-panel aid in the receiver's anti-resonance performance.
Amplifier Assignment: The 7-channel amplifier can be configured in a variety of ways to match your type of speaker setup.
- Surround Back (7.1ch): The Onkyo TX-RZ620 provides 7.1ch surround in your main listening area with dedicated Surround Back speakers.
- Front Bi-Amp (5.1ch): The Surround-Back/Height speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass & treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.1ch speaker system in the main room (no Surround Back or Front Height speakers)
- Powered Zone 2 (7.1ch + Zone 2): In this configuration, you can connect Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, and Zone 2 speakers to the AV receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back (or front height) channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power.
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2ch): The Surround-Back/Front-High speaker terminals are assigned to power a pair of Front-Height, Rear-Height, Overhead Ceiling, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers to create 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos surround sound. Zone 2 speaker can still be powered by the receiver in the configuration. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone for Dolby Atmos. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the Dolby Atmos channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power without Dolby Atmos.
384kHz/32-Bit Hi-Grade DAC: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 utilizes one premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei for all channels. This 384kHz/32-bit DAC implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD).
- Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (Front Channels Only): Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the signal in its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal. The signal's data is converted between sampling points and joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result is a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal that brings out even the most subtle of nuances in music sources.
- PLL Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology: PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning circuit technology reduces jitter by comparing the input and output phases of the digital signal and creating an accurate clock waveform. This enhances the precision of digital signal processing and noticeably improves audio quality. Jitter-cleaning technology works both for digital signals input via HDMI and for digital signals converted from analog signals inside the receiver itself.
Dual 32-Bit DSP Engines: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 AV receiver employs powerful and highly accurate 32-bit DSP (Digital Signal Processor) engines for better surround sound reproduction.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2ch, 2.8 MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, & DTS Neural:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The TX-RZ620 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing ceiling mounted or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2ch speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- DTS Neural:X: DTS Neural:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
AccuEQ w/ AccuReflex: AccuEQ conducts two measurements: (1) it measures and sets the distance, sound pressure level and crossover of your speakers and subwoofer to ensure all channels are treated equally (2) it evaluates your room's sonic characteristics and adjusts your speaker's frequency response to prevent standing waves from forming. AccuEQ incorporates AccuReflex technology to align the phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks. You can save up to 3 AccuEQ presets. The included microphone plugs into the front-panel of the receiver.
Note: You can choose to bypass the AccuEQ for your front speakers or all speakers, and manually set the distance, crossover, EQ, and level of each speaker.
Onkyo Original DSP Modes: Onkyo's Original DSP Modes, combined with Dolby Digital & DTS processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Orchestra: Suitable for classical or operatic music. This mode emphasizes the surround channels in order to widen the sound image, and simulates the natural reverberation of a large hall.
- Studio-Mix: Suitable for rock or pop music. Listening to music in this mode creates a lively sound field with a powerful acoustic image, like being at a club or rock concert.
- TV Logic: Suitable for TV shows produced in a TV studio. This mode enhances the surround effects to the entire sound to give clarity to voices and create a realistic acoustic image.
- Unplugged: Suitable for acoustic instruments, vocals and jazz. This mode emphasizes the front stereo image, giving the impression of being right in front of the stage.
- Multichannel (Multich)/Game: Multichannel mode is suitable for playing sources recorded in multichannel PCM. The receiver also offers four different Gaming modes - RPG, Action, Rock, and Sports.
- Stereo/All Channel Stereo (AllCh Stereo): In Stereo mode, sound is output from the front left and right speakers and subwoofer. In All Channel Stereo Mode, stereo sound is output from all speakers - ideal for background music.
- Mono/Full Mono: In Mono mode, when the input signal is analog or PCM, the left and right front speakers output the sound in monaural. In Full Mono mode, all speakers output the same sound in mono, so the sound you hear is the same regardless of where you are within the listening room.
- Theater-Dimensional (T-D): In this mode, you can enjoy a virtual playback of multichannel surround sound even with only two or three speakers. This works by controlling how sounds reach the listener's left and right ears
Direct Mode: In Direct mode, audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. This mode delivers pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration.
Audio Enhancements: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CinemaFilter: The CinemaFilter softens overly bright movie soundtracks. Movie soundtracks are typically mixed for a large theater (relative to your home theater) with lots of soft seats and thick curtains on the walls. Home theater settings often lack these high frequency absorbing wall treatments, making the soundtrack sound too bright. CinemaFilter accounts for this and for many movies sounds more natural at home.
- Music Optimizer: The Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files. The Music Optimizer function only works with PCM digital audio input signals with a sampling rate below 48kHz, analog input signals, and Bluetooth audio.
- Late Night Feature: The Late Night feature limits the dynamic range of Dolby Digital recordings. Limiting the dynamic range makes it easier to find a volume that ensures the quiet sounds are not too quiet and the loud sounds are not too loud for night time listening. This allows you to comfortably listen to without the need to constantly adjust the volume to keep from waking family/neighbors. The choices are: Off, Low, and High. This feature only works with Dolby Digital Encoded software and the depth of the feature will vary based on the individual software package.
Bass Management: The Onkyo AV receiver offers Tone Control, Phase Matching Bass technology, and a Double Bass feature to get the most bass impact out of your system.
- Tone Controls: You can independently adjust the Bass (90Hz) and Treble (7.5kHz) of the receiver's Front L/R channels from -10 to +10 dB. The receiver also provides independent Bass and Treble control for Zone 2.
- Phase Matching Bass: Onkyo's Phase-Matching Bass optimizes low frequencies while preserving mid-range clarity. This means that powerful bass plays back with clear vocals; it doesn't overpower them.
- Double Bass: You can also activate the Double Bass function in order to boost bass output even more by feeding bass sounds to the front left/right speakers, center-channel, and powered subwoofer.
Volume Setup: The Onkyo AV receiver provides the following volume settings.
- IntelliVolume: With IntelliVolume, you can set the input level for each input (+/-12dB) selector individually. This is useful if one of your source components is louder or quieter than the others. This function does not work in Zone 2.
- Maximum Volume: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from 30-79 (max), or Off (disabled).
- Power On Volume: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Last (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Min (0), or 1-79.
- Mute Level: Set the volume lowered from the listening volume when "Mute" is selected. Choose from 0, -40dB, or -20 dB.
- Headphone Level: With this setting, you can specify the headphone volume (+/-12dB) relative to the main volume. This is useful if there's a volume difference between your speakers and your headphones.
Analog Audio Outputs: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 is outfitted with the following analog audio outputs.
- Binding-Post Speaker Terminals: There are binding-post terminals for all speaker connections - Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back/Height, and Zone 2. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). Use 4- to 16-ohm speakers.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: The receiver is fitted with two subwoofer outputs to connect dual powered subs for extra bass. The dual outputs are wired in parallel and share the same input signal (not discrete).
- Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Phono Input: The Onkyo AV receiver is fitted with a Phono (MM) input and ground terminal for connection of a turntable, so you can enjoy listening to your vinyl records.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The TX-RZ620 is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting a portable audio player.
HDMI 2.0a: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 has seven HDMI 2.0a inputs (6 rear/1 front) and dual HDMI 2.0a outputs. The dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). Thanks to the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, the receiver can support 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, 4:4:4 color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut.
- 4K/60Hz: The TX-RZ620 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and outputs. It will also pass a 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI (not compatible with 480i video signals).
- HDCP 2.2: The receivers HDMI inputs and HDMI outputs support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver's HDMI inputs and HDMI monitor output support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. HDMI inputs 4-8 only support 4K 60/50Hz @ YCbCr 4:2:0.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) video provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This receiver supports three HDR formats - HDR 10, HLG, & Dolby Vision.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision utilizes dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby Vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits.
Analog Video-to-HDMI Conversion: Analog composite and component video signals (480i only) input to the receiver will be converted to HDMI signals and then output from the receiver via its main HDMI monitor output to your TV. The resolution remains the same and is not upscaled.
Other HDMI Features: The TX-RZ620 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v. Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D-Ready: All HDMI jacks will accept 3D video from your 3D-ready Blu-ray player and output the video signal in 3D to your 3D-ready flat-panel television.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The receiver's main HDMI output features ARC (Audio Return Channel). This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- Auto Lip-Sync: The Lip-Sync function can automatically synchronize HDMI audio and video (for any HDMI jack) that has gotten out of sync due to the complex digital video processing being performed by your HDMI-compatible TV. With HDMI Lip-Sync, the audio delay required to synchronize the audio and video is calculated and applied automatically by the AV receiver. You can also manually correct the audio delay from 0 (no delay) to 400 milliseconds; in 10 millisecond steps.
HDMI Through: When enabling the HDMI Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "O" or in "Standby", both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI Through modes.
- Auto: Detects the signal and automatically selects the input sources.
- Source: Selects the HDMI input source for which the HDMI Through function in enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "standby" mode.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features two composite video inputs and two component video inputs which support 480i video signals only. All analog video input signals are converted to digital and sent via HDMI to your TV at 480i (no upscaling). The component video input is not capable of high-definition video.
Video Select: It is possible to play audio and video from different sources. For example, you can play audio via Bluetooth and video from your BD/DVD player. This function is only effective when an input with audio only (Network, Bluetooth, or Tuner) has been selected initially.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 AV receiver supports a wired Ethernet (RJ-45) or wireless WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) network connection. Via the AV receiver's network connection, you can enjoy music files stored on your computer and listen to internet radio through a variety of online music services.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Onkyo AV receiver is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for connecting the player to your home network and computer. Connecting the A/V receiver's Ethernet port to a 100Base-TX switched Ethernet network is recommended for best results. Use a shielded CAT-5 Ethernet cable to connect the receiver to your home network.
- Built-in Wireless LAN: The AV receiver also features built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network, so you can enjoy the benefits of a cable-free network environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with a WiFi-enabled access point (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz). Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA Certified: Because the TX-RZ620 is DLNA (ver.15) certified, you can play back music files stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA compliant media server through the stereo receiver. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Lossless: ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-96kHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Built-in Online Music Services: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 offers several built-in internet radio & online music services through its wired or wireless network connection.
- TuneIn: With more than 100,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is a service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.
- Pandora: Pandora is a personalized Internet radio service that plays the music you know and helps you discover music you'll love. You can select Internet radio stations by Artist, Song, or Genre.
- Tidal: Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. Tidal has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access Tidal's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Deezer: Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Onkyo AV receiver from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Chromecast Built-In (Firmware Update Available): Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream a variety of music apps from your Apple (iOS 7.0+) or Android (OS 2.3+) mobile device to the Onkyo stereo receiver. Chromecast built-in works over WiFi and allows you to connect more than one device at a time to the receiver, as well as control what's playing from anywhere in the house with your compatible mobile device. C
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, Google Play Music, and more. Click here for a complete list of compatible apps. You can even wirelessly stream exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet through the Onkyo receiver. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the Onkyo receiver. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system.
Note: Make sure the TX-RZ620 has the latest firmware/software update installed.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
AM/FM Tuner: With the built-in tuner you can enjoy AM and FM radio stations. You can store your favorite stations as presets for quick selection. You can store a combination of up to 40 of your favorite FM/AM radio stations as presets.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Onkyo TX-RZ620 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1+LE) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.3. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, & Mac laptop/computer, as well as other Bluetooth compatible devices to the Onkyo receiver.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the TX-RZ620 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You can use the receiver's IR remote control to operate basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- Song/Artist Information: The receiver will display song/artist information on its front-panel LCD and through its on-screen on your HDMI-connected TV. Album Art is not supported.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Onkyo receiver.
USB Mass Storage Class: This AV receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit will recognize USB MSC devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 with up to 20,000 music files. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Notes: USB hubs and USB devices with hub functions are not supported. MP3 players containing music files that are managed with special music software are not supported. Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android devices are not supported via USB.
Zone 2 (Line & Speaker Level): In addition to the main listening room, you can also enjoy audio playback from a different source in another room of your home using the receiver's Zone 2 function. The receiver features Zone 2 line-outputs, as well as Zone 2 speaker terminals. The volume of Zone 2 is controlled from the receiver when using the speaker outputs and from your add-on integrated amp when using the line-level outputs.
- Line-Level Outputs: By using the line-level outputs on the TX-RZ620 you can connect an external receiver or integrated amplifier in a second room, allowing you to listen to 7.1ch surround in the main room and play a different audio source in another room of your home.
- Speaker Level Outputs: By using the speaker-level outputs on the TX-RZ620, you can directly connect a secondary pair of speakers in another room of your home, allowing you to listen to 5.1ch surround sound in your main room and play a different audio source in the other room
Zones 2 Sources: You can play the same audio source in both Zones (Main & Zone 2) or play a different audio source in each zone. Zone 2 is compatible with analog, digital, and wireless audio sources - see below for details.
- Compatible Sources: AM/FM tuner, Analog & Optical/Coax Digital (2ch PCM only) inputs, USB & Bluetooth Audio, Network (including DLNA, AirPlay, built-in music apps, & Chromecast Built-in) can be played back in Zone 2.
- Incompatible Sources: HDMI audio/video and analog video sources cannot be output to Zone 2. DSD audio files cannot be played back in Zone 2.
- As for Network, USB, and Bluetooth sources; you cannot select different inputs for the main room and Zone 2. For example, if a Network source has been selected in the main room and then Bluetooth is selected as a playback source in Zone 2, the input in the main room will also change to the Bluetooth source.
- When listening to AM/FM radio, you cannot select different stations for the main room and Zone 2.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). This is not the same as Zone 2.
Google Home Multiroom: Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
DTS Play-Fi (Firmware Update Available): DTS Play-Fi combines DTS and WiFi to wirelessly stream high quality audio through out your home using the Play-Fi app for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+, & Windows 7 PC or later. Supported music formats up to 24-bit/192kHz (including MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV) are wirelessly streamed to the receiver at up to 24-bit/96kHz (Critical Listening Mode) or to multiple DTS Play-Fi players up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). You can connect multiple DTS Play-Fi products together from different brands and manufacturers on the same home network to create a whole-home streaming experience. Play the same source in every room or a different song in each room. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router. Compatible sources include -
- Source Devices: DTS Play-Fi provides you with the ability to stream your music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from Apple iOS & Android devices, Windows laptops & desktop computers, as well as DLNA-servers on your existing home WiFi network to the Onkyo receiver. Up to eight separate wireless source devices, each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Online Music Services: DTS Play-Fi enables wireless audio streaming from the world's most popular music services & internet radio, including - Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, & more.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more components, or choosing more than one audio brand like Klipsch, Martin Logan, Definitive Technology, Polk Audio, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
FireConnect MultiRoom Audio (Firmware Update Available): FireConnect powered by Blackfire mirrors network audio sources and any external analog source playing through the receiver (from streaming audio to vinyl) on optional FireConnect/Blackfire wireless speakers (such as the Onkyo NCP-302, sold separately). Sampling rates up to 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect powered by Blackfire is stable, fast, and easy to control with Onkyo's Controller app for Apple iOS and Android.
Note: Make sure the Onkyo receiver has the latest firmware/software update installed. Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility with other devices featuring FireConnect or Blackfire.
Onkyo Controller App: The Onkyo Controller app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.0.3) features an intuitive, user-friendly interface that allows you to conveniently operate the Onkyo receiver from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. This app not only has the usual remote control functions, it also has a multiroom functionality for Zone 2 and wireless multiroom audio setups.
- Remote Control: You can operate general control functions (play/stop, control the volume, select the input source, etc.) from your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- Source Device Playback: Operation of connected products (like a Blu-Ray player or TV) that are connected to the receiver via HDMI.
- Streaming Audio: Lets you play audio from built-in music streaming services (such as Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL), the music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, and your Windows PC or other DLNA-compatible server. You can also access music from Bluetooth and USB source devices.
- Multiroom Audio: Provides control over Zone 2 and wireless multiroom audio (such as FireConnect by Blackfire).
Google Home Voice Commands: With the Google Home voice-activated speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.2+), you can use your voice to control select functions of the Onkyo AV receiver. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music - all without lifting a finger.
IR Remote: The receiver comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this receiver and other HDMI-connected sources (via HDMI CEC).
HDMI Control: This function allows HDMI-CEC compatible components or RIHD-compatible components connected via HDMI to be controlled with the TX-RZ620. The AV receiver offers the following HDMI-CEC controls.
- The AV receiver will enter Standby mode when the power of the TV is turned to Standby.
- You can set on the menu screen of the TV to either output the audio from the speakers connected to the AV receiver, or from the speakers of the TV.
- It is possible to output the audio/video from the antenna or from the input jack of the TV from the speakers connected to the AV receiver.
- Input to the AV receiver can be selected with the remote controller of the TV.
- Operations such as volume adjustment or similar for the AV receiver can be performed from the remote controller of the TV.
Control & Custom Integration: The TX-RZ620 includes system integration connectivity such as RS232 with support for 2-way communication with 3rd party home automation systems. An infrared (IR) input allows pass-through of IR signals to control other devices connected to the TX-RZ620, such as a TV or Blu-ray player. The 12 volt trigger can be used to raise/lower a projection screen, power on/off an external amplifier or open/close the drapes with the touch of a button.
Web Control: When connected to your home's wired or wireless network, you can setup the Onkyo AV receiver with the web control screen displayed in your PC's web browser.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Assistance (HDMI only): The Onkyo AV receiver offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. The initial setup assistant takes you step-by-step through speaker configuration, source connection, remote programming, and network connection.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV, FLAC, and ALAC music files via USB.
Name Edit: You can enter a custom name for each individual input selector and radio preset for easy identification. When entered, the custom name will appear on the display. This function cannot be used for the AM/FM, Network, USB, and Bluetooth input selectors.
Display Dimmer: The front-panel display brightness has three settings - Dim, Dimmer, and Normal.
Timers: The receiver features a programmable Auto Standby function & programmable Sleep Timer.
- Auto Standby: The AV receiver will automatically go into Standby mode, if there is no operation for 20 minutes with no audio/video signal input.
- Sleep Timer: From the remote, you can set the unit to automatically turn off after 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
Firmware Updates: Future firmware updates are available from the Onkyo website through the receiver's Network or USB connection. Visit Onkyo's online Download Center for the latest firmware updates.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Recommended by Crutchfield rep. Good price. Phono input. [ Arthur Sep 17, 2018 ]
It has all the features I was looking for except eARC and HDMI2.1 at a considerable savings, when compared to the Yamaha A780 or the Onkyo NR686. It did have HDMI2.0a, maybe a firmware update later on will upgrade to eARC? [ Robert Sep 09, 2018 ]
peyton advised me that this was the best receiver for the price that met my theater needs. [ scott Sep 08, 2018 ]
replacing my old Onkyo. This model has all the features I want at a great price - - even better on Sale! [ Nicole Sep 06, 2018 ]
I have an old Onkyo Integra cassette deck and it was a real workhorse and and bulletproof as well. Extremely well made. My nephew has Onkyo A/V receivers and speaks highly of them. [ Darryl Sep 05, 2018 ]
Because it had all the features I need, including phono imput [ wayne Sep 03, 2018 ]
Previous TX-RZ620 hit with power surge even though hooked up to premium surge protectors [ Jorge Aug 31, 2018 ]
Features for the price, Onkyo quality (from past experience), and good reviews by others who have purchased this unit. [ Erik Aug 28, 2018 ]
support hdmi hdcp 2.2, want to try Onkyo brand [ Arthur Aug 24, 2018 ]
Specs are very good, user reviews are good, and price is reduced due to new model coming out. [ Treena Aug 23, 2018 ]
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X [ A Aug 22, 2018 ]
Price and feature set. I am loyal to Onkyo and excited to receive this receiver as a gift for my future in-laws. [ HARJOT Aug 21, 2018 ]
Good mix of value and performance [ MIKE Aug 14, 2018 ]
Price [ Todd Aug 12, 2018 ]
I wanted a receiver with a bit more power and options than I already had. [ Daniel Aug 08, 2018 ]
Features,price, and Crutchfied behind it. [ JAMES Aug 04, 2018 ]
The right features, including 4K HDMI switching and Atmos, at the right price. [ William Aug 04, 2018 ]
I compared the Onkyo TX-RZ620 with some other Home Theater Receivers and decided that the Onkyo TX-RZ620 was what I was looking for. [ THOMAS Aug 04, 2018 ]
Reviews, price and features [ Joseph Jul 22, 2018 ]
Help from Jolene at Crutchfield. [ D Jul 18, 2018 ]
Best buy for my money. [ JOHNNY Jun 12, 2018 ]
Owned a previous Onkyo unit [ William Jun 04, 2018 ]
Have owned Onkyo and have been very happy with it. Need to update to 4K and the price was very fair [ Derald May 28, 2018 ]
Onkyo TX-RZ620 has the power (100W) to drive my new Polk A7's front, CSi A6 center, PSW 450 subwoofer, and surround/back speaker in my newly configured 7.1 system. This replaces and old Onkyo 70W receiver. [ Grant May 16, 2018 ]
Previous positive experiences with Onkyo led me to purchase Onkyo again [ Mike May 16, 2018 ]
Awesome price and a great Receiver Specs and features! [ David May 15, 2018 ]
Upgraded my prior, 15 year old Onkyo to get added HDMI inputs and network connectivity. My prior positive experience with Onkyo, positive reviews by others, and prior positive experience with Crutchfield influenced my purchase decision. [ Jeff May 12, 2018 ]
Having previously owned Onkyo receivers and home theater systems, I have found them to be everything they were designed to be, and very dependable as well! [ Bennie May 11, 2018 ]
To replace a 15 yr old Yamaha. Spoke to Crutchfield rep to compare a few options and settled on this one. [ Andrew May 05, 2018 ]
Upgraded components and n sale [ John May 01, 2018 ]
I needed to replace my older 1080p Denon to make full use of my 2k projector. I selected this 7.2 so I can run 2 channels on my left and right Klipsch speakers and run 2 subs (my old receiver was 5.1). I also like that is has dual hdmi outs so I can run either my Epson HC4000 projector or my TV without having to switch out the cables in the back. I bought it primarily for home theater and ps4 pro video gaming. [ joshua Apr 28, 2018 ]
3 year warranty, great price, has all the lastest features [ ROBERT Mar 19, 2018 ]
Saw it on sale on Amazon and performed a search for reviews when I found Crutchfield have the same price. But I buy from Crutchfield due to being another business in Virginia. Colt helped me with all my questions and verified a good fit for my needs. Used to know this stuff back in the 70's but now it has changed too much for this old guy. Colt was great for information and advice...thanks Colt! [ JAMES Mar 18, 2018 ]
To upgrade old onkyo SR-507, which served me very well but needed something that supports 4k, hdr 10, etc. [ Eduardo Mar 18, 2018 ]
Onkyo loyal owner for 25 years [ JOHN Mar 09, 2018 ]
I have been using Onkyo amplifiers since the 90's and love their rich, true sound. [ ROBERT Mar 08, 2018 ]
Recommended by Crutchfield Specialist [ George Mar 06, 2018 ]
Last two receivers have been Onkyo and I was very satisfied with their performance so I am upgrading to one of the latest models. [ JOHN J Feb 27, 2018 ]
Previous Experience [ RAVINDER Feb 12, 2018 ]
6 questions already asked
I might not be the guy to ask as I find thx modes to be lacking in bass. [ CHRISTOPHER Sep 21, 2018 ]
Just keep in mind...if you don't have big enough room,you can't enjoy the THX. (I have small apartment and this is overkill for my neighbors..lol)For me this unit is working perfectly.The sound much better than my old HK unit for sure... [ Peter Sep 20, 2018 ]
No, not at all. Clear powerful amp. Competes nicely with Yamaha sound. staging in surround is good. [ mark Sep 20, 2018 ]
We try and be as up front as possible regarding price and typically don't have any "hidden" discounts to offer outside of what's advertised on our website. However, we do partner with ID.me where you can sign up for a free account with your military ID and shop through their "portal" for various discounts on our website. You can find more information about that from www.id.me or by contacting a Crutchfield Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Hope that helps! :) [ Larry Sep 18, 2018 ] Staff
I had a similar question regarding the differences between the 610 and 620, and an online Crutchfield representative answered my queries quickly and accurately by email. I'd recommend asking them! [ Jason Sep 06, 2018 ]
Not really sure I depend on Crutchfueld advisor after I make general choices and needs. Sorry not much help [ Robert Sep 05, 2018 ]
I don't know. But I do know is that RZ has real time customer support , which I used . [ Endel Sep 05, 2018 ]
I ended up going with the RZ-820, it went on sale the day after I bought this amp, but No I have never seen it ask to collect any info. I love it. [ connie Aug 20, 2018 ]
I dont believe so, it didnt ask me for that type of info. [ Alfred Aug 19, 2018 ]
Yes, the volume is displayed on the lower right-hand corner of the TV screen as you increase or decrease it. "Mute" is also displayed...and stays on the screen until it is turned off, which is a bit annoying. [ Jason Aug 03, 2018 ]
I don't think so. Trying to remember but pretty sure but it does not show. [ Endel Jul 31, 2018 ]
It does. [ Aaron Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes it does. I think that only happens if youre watching TV. Not sure if the volume pops up if the receiver screen is up but I know I've noticed it when I'm watching TV. [ DEREK Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes, both the remote and the volume on the receiver will show on the TV [ JOHN J Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes, the volume shows on the TV screen as both a meter/progress bar and a number in the lower right corner. [ Carl Jul 30, 2018 ]
no [ njdi Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes it does if it is integrated through as long as you are using the remote. [ Bill Jul 30, 2018 ]
There is an option on the receiver for it to either show this on the TV or not. [ Nicholas Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes. It does on my Sony television. [ JEFF Jul 30, 2018 ]
Yes [ Peter Aug 04, 2018 ]
All: thanks for your responses. Per Onkyo, the BT is a receiving chip only. [ Lee Apr 24, 2018 ]
I have not set up my system yet due to speaker wiring. [ Robert Apr 24, 2018 ]
It does [ John Apr 24, 2018 ]
I believe it will but I've only connected my iPhone to it via bt. I downloaded the owners manual from the onkyo website before purchasing which answered questions such as this. [ CHRISTOPHER Apr 23, 2018 ]
I don't know. I would be surprised if it does. It has BT but for input only. [ Endel Apr 23, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
Denon AVR-X2400H IN-Command
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™