JBL Grand Touring Series GTO607C
6-1/2" component speaker system
Our take on the JBL Grand Touring Series GTO607C by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Looking to upgrade your factory system and build a ride you can be proud of? Start with a JBL Grand Touring component speaker system. Its high-efficiency design will rock your tunes with clean, powerful output.
The GTO607C component speaker system features a pair of 6-1/2" polypropylene woofers, each suspended in a heavy-duty rubber surround. The woofer cone offers a larger surface area than other 6-1/2" speakers, for improved bass output and efficiency giving your music a firm foundation.
Innovative My-Ti tweeters blended from titanium and Mylar deliver highs that sparkle without becoming overbearing. The ingenious I-mount system allows you to custom install the tweeters in almost any location, and JBL's Starfish mounting bracket lets you install the tweeters in most factory tweeter locations.
The crossovers promote proper blending of the lows and highs, essential to delivering realistic sound. A tweeter level switch lets you adjust high-frequency output for your vehicle.
Important Note: These JBL speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with all factory and aftermarket stereos.
Priced per system
- component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- 6-1/2" Plus One polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
- 1" My-Ti (mylar/titanium) dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
- 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- Starfish mounting bracket for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (12 dB/octave, 4,000 Hz high- and low-pass) with adjustable tweeter attenuation settings
- power range: 2-70 watts RMS (210 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Plastic GM/Chrysler adapter brackets
- 2 Metal 4-hole 6-1/2" adapter rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1" self-tapping screws
- Eight 15/16" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 7/16" self-tapping screws
- 2 Large machine screws
- 8 Small machine screws
- 4 Washers
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 "U" mounting clips
- 8 Reinforcement plates
- Two 0.110" female quick-slides
- Two 0.205" female quick-slides
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- 2 Self-adhesive foam gaskets
- Owner's manual
- Warranty card
As good or better than factory sound. Easy install with no cutting of door. The brackets fit well.
Scott, Bloomington, IN
JBL Grand Touring Series GTO607C Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||55 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||210|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a unique basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: Each woofer is constructed of Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Intermount III Mounting System: JBL's Intermount III mounting system allows the woofers to fit in a variety of applications. The plastic brackets allow the woofers to be installed in an oversized 6-3/4" GM/Chrysler opening. With the metal adapter rings, the woofers can be installed in a 6-1/2" opening. Without any adapter brackets or rings, the woofers mount in a 6-3/4" opening.
1" My-Ti Dome Tweeters: The Mylar/titanium composite tweeters are stiff, light, and extremely efficient. They deliver the high-frequency extension of titanium with the damping of a composite diaphragm.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.331" (screw depth)||0.681"||0.306"||0.507"||1.003"||0.937"|
2-Way Crossovers: These speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers. Each crossover features a 12dB/octave, 4kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and a 12dB/octave, 4kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to "+3 dB" or "0 dB."
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: W=3.033", H=1.221", D=3.597"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.