NAD C316BEE V2
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in phono stage
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the NAD C316BEE V2 by Crutchfield's Jim Richardson
The foundation of a simple, yet great-sounding stereo system
You don't need huge power or a lot of buttons to push. You don't need to spend a lot of money, either. If all you want is great sound for a small space, NAD has the solution. The C 316BEE is the perfect little integrated amp to anchor that high-quality audio system in your den, bedroom, or office. It delivers accurate, musical sound in a compact, easy-to-enjoy package.
The large toroidal transformer is a key to this affordable amp's amazingly clean, dynamic sound.
No frills, just thrills
NAD designed this amp using the same principle behind their higher-end components — a no-frills approach that puts the focus squarely on performance, instead of bells and whistles. It boasts a high-current toroidal transformer — usually found only on expensive audiophile gear — and other carefully selected parts to provide punchy, lifelike sound. It makes the amp sound much more potent than its 40-watts-per-channel rating would lead you to expect.
This integrated amp offers enough inputs to connect five audio components, including a turntable, plus a handy front-panel minijack for hooking up a portable music player. And the included remote gives you easy control of the amplifier and the other NAD audio components in your system.
Praise for the NAD C 316BEE from The Absolute Sound
"The entry-level C 316 is still the go-to amp for audiophile newbies who crave sonic neutrality, good power output, nice tactile feel, and NAD's characteristic quality-control."
— The Absolute Sound 2013 Editors' Choice Awards: Integrated Amplifiers under $1000
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- PowerDrive-S™ technology for more dynamic power output
- large toroidal power transformer for a strong, low-noise power supply
- rotary bass and treble controls with defeat switch for tone control bypass
- 5 RCA audio inputs including 1 MM phono input
- front-panel minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- full-size headphone jack
- one pair of speaker binding post terminals
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/16"H x 11-3/8"D
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Integrated amplifier
- Remote control (AMP 4)
- CR2025 3V battery
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
Excellent. Small, simple, well built, and most importantly sounds great.
PacNW, Bethesda, MD
NAD C316BEE V2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||40|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||6|
|Optical Digital Inputs||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Amplifier Section: Bjørn Erik Edvardsen, NAD's Director of Advanced Development, developed a simplified version of PowerDrive for the C 316BEE. Proprietary PowerDrive Circuit offers a remarkable combination of high current drive needed for complex loudspeaker loads combined with high levels of undistorted dynamic power.
- Continuous Power: 40 watts x 2 channel into an 8Ω or 4Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.03% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power: 90 watts x 2 channel (8Ω), 120 watts x 2 channel (4Ω)
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.03% (driving both channels 20 Hz - 20 kHz simultaneously at 8Ω)
- Signal/Noise: 95 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- Damping factor: >200 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
Full Disclosure Power (FDP): NAD uses Full Disclosure Power (FDP), the most demanding criterion for performance measurement. FDP specifies distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the simple and easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test quoted by many of other manufactures. NAD uses this stricter performance criterion because it more closely matches the demands of real music and real loudspeakers. Maintaining specified distortion at 4/8Ω and at 20-20kHz is a much more difficult achievement. The benefit of NAD's Full Disclosure Power is the total elimination of audible distortion at any listening level. This provides pinpoint imaging and realism with music and movies alike.
Connections: The NAD C 316BEE is equipped with rear-panel and front-panel gold-plated connections for maximum signal transfer.
- Rear Panel: Rear-panel inputs & outputs include -
- Line Level Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks labeled "CD", "Video", "Aux", and "Tuner"
- Phono Input (MM): stereo Phono input (MM) with ground screw
- Speakers: the left and right speaker binding posts will accept banana plugs (single only), pin connectors, spade lugs, and bare wire (up to 12AWG)
- Front Panel: Front-panel inputs & outputs include -
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack (68Ω)
- MP: 3.5mm minijack Aux input
Controls: The NAD C 316BEE comes with an IR remote control, features front-panel controls, and is equipped with a rear-panel power switch.
- Remote Control: The wireless remote will control the C 316BEE and NAD CD players.
- Front Panel: Front-panel controls consist of Power (standby/on), 6 Input Buttons (Tape/Tuner/Aux/Video/CD/Disc), Volume (up/down), Balance (left/right), Bass (+/-8 dB @ 100 Hz) & Treble (+/-5 dB @ 10 kHz), and Tone Defeat (Bass/Treble Bypass).
- Rear Panel: Rear-panel controls include a Master power switch.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
integrated phono compatibility. [ Megan Oct 11, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Jun 24, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
NAD C316BEE V2
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in phono stage
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC
NAD D 3020 V2
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and Bluetooth®
NAD C 326BEE
Stereo integrated amplifier