Canon EOS M100 Two Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel mirrorless camera with 15-45mm and 55-200mm IS zoom lenses, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® (White)
Item # 280M1002LW | MFR # 2210C021
Instant Savings: -$270.00 Instant Savings ends 9/29
$679.00 Earn up to 679 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EOS M100 Two Lens Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A small camera with huge potential
If you're looking for a great camera you can take anywhere, you can count on the Canon EOS M100 to deliver high-quality photos and videos. This compact camera shares the same 24.2-megapixel image sensor and powerful DIGIC 7 processor with some of Canon's latest EOS DSLRs, giving you EOS performance and image quality in a much more portable camera.
Intuitive framing and focusing
The M100 has a 3" tilting LCD touchscreen for easy, intuitive shooting. The screen tilts upward for easy composition from low angles or when you want to shoot from the hip. It turns all the way forward to face you so you can frame your selfies perfectly and be included in group shots. Use the touchscreen to change settings, define autofocus points, and trigger the shutter.
A powerful lens combo
The included 18-45mm and 55-200mm lenses combine with the M100 to make a compact system that can go with you anywhere. Both lenses have built-in Image Stabilization to help you capture blur-free photos and shake-free videos in nearly any kind of light, while specialized lens elements reduce aberrations for high-resolution image quality.
Use the 18-45mm lens for portraits and documenting daily life — its focal range makes it an excellent all-around lens. The 55-200mm extends your range so you can capture distant subjects and compelling portraits of subjects in the near distance.
Keep up with the action
The M100's Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system is fast and smooth. This 49-point system excels in challenging light and accurately tracks moving subjects. The M100 can capture action sequences at a rate of up to six frames per second. Movie focus is natural and precise, even when switching between subjects.
A talented moviemaker
The M100 records Full HD movies in MP4 format for easy sharing. Touch-activated autofocus and manual controls make it easy to adjust settings on the fly. The included STM (stepping motor) lenses give you near-silent continuous autofocus during shooting. The camera's Digital Image Stabilization system minimizes camera shake, so you can capture video on foot and the results won't make you seasick.
Wireless convenience and control
The M100's built-in Wi-Fi lets you upload and share photos and videos in a matter of moments. You can exchange data with other Canon cameras, play back images and movies on a Smart TV, and print directly to a Wi-Fi printer.
Canon's free Camera Connect app lets you manage photos and videos taken with the M100 on your phone or tablet. Use your device to see what the camera sees, change settings, and trigger the shutter remotely.
- 24.2-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- included lenses:
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM (35mm equivalent focal length 24-72mm)
- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM (35mm equivalent focal length 88-320mm)
- compatible with Canon EF-M mount lenses
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses when used with optional EF-EOS M Mount adapter
- 49-point Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- AF tracking locks focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- DIGIC 7 image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- face detection autofocus for sharp candids and portraits
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- Bluetooth® Low Energy provides a constant connection to your compatible device with Canon Connect app
- 3.0", 1.04-million-dot tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- tilts up to 180 degrees upward for creative composition from different angles
- self-cleaning sensor activates when the camera powers on or off to remove dust for spot-free images
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 4 frames per second (up to 6.1 frames per second with AF Lock)
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds or less
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- shoots HD video up to 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60 frames per second
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 Mini-B interface (cable not included)
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- 4-5/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 1-3/4"D (without lens)
- weight (with memory card and battery): 10.7 oz.
- rechargeable LP-E12 lithium ion battery
- battery charger
- neck strap
- body cap
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera body (white)
- Camera cover R-F-4 (installed)
- EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens (silver)
- Rear lens dust cap EB (installed)
- Lens Cap E-49 (installed)
- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens (silver)
- Rear lens dust cap EB (installed)
- Lens Cap E-52II (installed)
- LP-E12 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with plastic terminal cap (7.2V 875mAh 6.3Wh)
- LC-E12 Battery charger (8.4V 0.54A)
- EM-200DB Neck strap
- User Manual
- Online Photo Album promo card
- Warranty registration card
Nice compact powerful camera. It is lightweight and easy to use.
Peter, Manheim, PA
Canon EOS M100 Two Lens Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-72mm, 88-320mm|
|Filter Diameter||49mm / 52mm|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.7|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Canon EOS M100 kit includes the EOS M100 camera body, the EF-M 15-45mm IS STM and the EF-M 55-200 IS STM lenses. The camera has the Canon M mount, and is compatible with Canon EF-M lenses. With the optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M, the EOS M100 camera is also compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
3" Touch Panel LCD Monitor: The EOS M100 features a 3" Touch Panel LCD monitor, with a 3:2 aspect ratio and approximately 1.04-million dots for composing and viewing images. The LCD monitor can tilt upward to approximately 180°, making it easier to frame low-angle shots or take self-portraits. The Touch Shutter feature lets you take photos by touching the screen and releasing your finger to shoot.
24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 25.8 megapixels and 24.2 megapixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective 1.6x field of view, compared to 35mm format. The camera has an image sensor cleaning function that automatically removes dust when the power is turned on or off. The cleaning function can be activated manually as well.
DIGIC 7: The EOS M100 features Canon's DIGIC 7 Image Processor to complement the 24.2 Megapixel image sensor. The DIGIC 7 helps to keep subjects in focus with enhanced tracking and detection capabilities. The DIGIC 7 also lowers noise in low light and high ISO images.
Still Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, and Small 2. For each resolution (except Small 2), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. For RAW images, you can record only at the highest resolution. You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a Large Fine JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
(JPEG and RAW)
|6000 x 4000||5328 x 4000||6000 x 3368||4000 x 4000|
|Medium||3984 x 2656||3552 x 2664||3984 x 2240||2656 x 2656|
|Small 1||2976 x 1984||2656 x 1992||2976 x 1680||1984 x 1984|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2112 x 1600||2400 x 1344||1600 x 1600|
RAW File Format: The RAW file format records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the downloadable software.
Recording Media: The EOS M100 records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards. No recording media is supplied with the camera.
Shooting Modes: The EOS M100's top-mounted mode switch lets you choose from three main shooting modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, Hybrid Auto, and Movies. Other shooting modes can be chosen, depending upon the scene or desired effects. The M100 can record still images and movies in the following modes:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: This mode provides optimal settings for specific scenes automatically. The camera analyzes the scene and applies the settings.
- Hybrid Auto: In the Hybrid Auto mode, the camera records 2-4 second clips of scenes before each shot which are later combined into a digest movie.
- Special Scene: In the Scene mode, you can select a setting that matches the shooting scene, and the camera automatically configures the settings. Available scenes include: Self-Portrait, Portrait, Smooth Skin, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Moving Subjects, Handheld Night Scene, Backlit Scenes, and Enhancing Colors of Food.
- Creative Filters: The Creative Filters mode lets you add effects to your images while you shoot. You can choose from Monochrome, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Oil Painting Effect, Watercolor Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Model Effect, High Contrast Scenes, and HDR Effect.
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Movies: Movie mode lets you shoot High Definition and Standard Definition videos in 16:9 widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratios. You can use the mode switch or the dedicated recording button to begin recording movies.
Shooting Movies: The EOS M100 can record movies in High Definition or Standard Definition at different frame rates. Movies are recorded in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and AAC audio. You can record audio using the built-in stereo microphone. When shooting movies, a large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 4 or higher is recommended. You can select from the following recording sizes and frame rates:
|Video Recording Size||Bit Rate||Total Recording Time|
|Full HD: 1920 x 1080||59.94 fps||35 Mbps||59 min 30 sec|
|29.97 fps||24 Mbps||1 hr 26 min 5 sec|
|HD: 1280 x 720||59.94 fps||16 Mbps||2 hr 8 min 27 sec|
|SD: 640 x 480||29.97 fps||3 Mbps||10 hr 22 min 35 sec|
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually with an EF-M lens, you will need to switch to Manual Focus in the menu then turn the focusing ring on the lens. If using an EF or EF-S lens (with the EF-EOS-M adapter), you will need to set the focus mode switch on the lens from AF to MF, and turn the lens focusing ring until the subject looks sharp. You can magnify the image 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing.
ISO Speed: When shooting in Basic Zone modes, ISO speed can be automatically or manually set between 100 and 12800 (in whole-stop increments) to suit the shooting conditions.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto, Day Light, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Color Temperature, and Custom.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style setting is not available in Basic Zone modes, except Creative Auto. Picture Style selections include: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, Smooth skin, Self Portrait, and User Defined.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-3 EV in 1/3-stop increments using the dedicated dial on the top panel.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode utilizes all 384 zones within the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 10% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject; uses approximately 2% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot up to about 6.1 frames per second in the One-Shot AF mode, and approximately 4.0 fps in Servo AF mode. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting: JPEG 70-89 images, RAW 21 images, RAW+JPEG 19 images.
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release. This is handy for reducing camera shake.
- Custom: You can specify the delay between 0 and 30 seconds, and the number of shots, between 1 and 10.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback. The Auto Rotation feature can be turned off, if desired.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view 6 (3x2), 12 (4x3), 42 (7x6), and 110 (11x10) images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 2.0x to 10.0x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using a USB cable (Type A-to-Mini-B 2.0, not supplied), you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
Wi-Fi Overview: Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to send images wirelessly from the camera to a variety of compatible devices, and operate the camera remotely from your smartphone. The camera supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n, and has a range of 49'.
NFC-Compatible: The EOS M100 is compatible with NFC-compatible Android smartphones (version 4.0 or later), which allows you to connect by touching the phone to the N-Mark on the bottom of the camera.
Compatible Devices: You can connect the camera to the following devices and services via Wi-Fi:
- Smartphones and Tablets: Using the Canon Camera Connect app you can transfer photos and videos to your mobile device, and use the device to control the camera. The app is available for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 4.1 and up.
- Other Cameras: You can send images from the EOS M100 to another Wi-Fi-connected Canon camera, or vice versa.
- Wireless Printing: You can print images wirelessly on a Wi-Fi-connected printer. You can use an existing access point, or use the camera as an access point.
- Canon Connect Station: You can connect directly to the Canon Connect Station CS100 and transfer photos and videos to the built-in 1 TB of storage.
- Canon iMAGE Gateway: With a one-time registration to the Canon iMAGE Gateway, you can send photos and videos to the web service from your PC or smartphone.
- DLNA Media Player: You can view images in your camera on a DLNA-compatible TV, game system, smartphone, or other media player.
HDMI Outputs: The camera is equipped with a micro-HDMI jack (Type D) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV. A micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required.
USB Port: The Mini-B 2.0 USB port allows you to connect the camera to your computer via an optional USB cable for downloading the recorded images and movies.
Battery: The EOS M100 operates on the supplied LP-E12 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V/875 mAh). Battery performance decreases when used in temperatures below 32° F. The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E12 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E12 battery is as follows (using EF-M 15-45mm lens):
- Still Images:
- Normal Mode: Approx. 295 shots
- Eco Mode: Approx. 410 shots
- Movie Shooting:
- Typical Use: Approx. 80 min.
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 125 min.
Power Saving: You can save battery power by activating the Display Off and Auto Power Down features. After a pre-selected period of time (10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min), the display will automatically turn itself off if no buttons are pressed. After approximately 2 additional minutes (5 minutes in playback mode), the camera will automatically power down.
Optional AC Power: With the optional ACK-E12 AC adapter kit, you can connect the camera to household power without worry of the battery becoming exhausted.
Lens: This EOS M100 kit comes with two lenses: EF-M 15-45mm IS STM lens and EF-M 55-200mm IS STM. IS stands for Image Stabilizer, while STM stands for Stepping Motor.
Image Stabilizer: The Image Stabilizer system built into these lenses provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction, giving you much sharper photos at full zoom, and blur-free videos.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: When using an EF-M lens, the focus mode must be set in the camera menu. After setting the mode to Manual Focus, you can focus on your subject by turning the focusing ring.
|EF-M 15-45 IS STM||EF-M 55-200 IS STM|
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 9 groups||17 elements in 11 groups|
|Angle of View||Diagonal: |
|84°30'- 33°40' |
|Maximum Magnification||0.25x (at 45mm)||0.21x (at 200mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.82' (9.84")||3.28' (39.36")|
|Filter Diameter||49mm (E-49)||52mm (E-52 II)|
|Hood||EW-53 (sold separately)||EW-54B (sold separately)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.389" |
Length: 2.037" (2.533" w/caps)
|Diameter: 2.388" |
Length: 3.593" (4.192" w/caps)
|Weight||4.6 ounces||9.2 ounces|
Software: The following software is available for download from the Canon website for use with the EOS M100:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily used for browsing, selecting, and developing RAW images. It has various image adjustment functions in the Picture Style format, and allows you to make adjustments easily. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, El Capitan v.10.11, and macOS Sierra v10.12.
- Image Transfer Utility (Windows/Mac): an application that allows you to save images on your computer after receiving them directly from a Wi-Fi equipped Canon compact digital camera or downloading them from Canon iMAGE Gateway, after they have been uploaded there from a camera via an access point. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, El Capitan v.10.11, macOS Sierra v10.12, and macOS High Sierra v10.13.
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Style to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files. Available for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, El Capitan v.10.11, and macOS Sierra v10.12.
- Map Utility: a software application that displays geotagged images taken on the camera on a map. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, El Capitan v.10.11, and macOS Sierra v10.12.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
Frequently Compared With
Canon EOS M100 Two Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel mirrorless camera with 15-45mm and 55-200mm IS zoom lenses, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Canon EOS M50 Video Creator Kit
24.1-megapixel mirrorless camera with 15-45mm zoom lens, Rode® VideoMic GO™, and 32GB memory card
Sony a6300 Kit
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor mirrorless camera with built-in Wi-Fi® and 16-50mm lens
Sony a6500 Telephoto Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor mirrorless camera with built-in Wi-Fi® and 18-135mm zoom lens$1,599.99