Our take on the Pioneer DEH-P47DH
Got an oversized dash opening in your GM or Chrysler vehicle? Fill it with Pioneer's DEH-P47DH CD receiver. It fits that large cavity perfectly, and provides the convenience of a rotary volume control and the sound-shaping muscle of Easy EQ. It has MOSFET45 high power to get you up and running with great sound, and the Front Image Enhancer pulls your soundstage right up front, where your ears want it most.
Built-in controls let you enjoy the incredibly wide entertainment variety of XM Satellite Radio (requires a compatible tuner module, antenna, and subscription) the oversized, detachable face's easy-to-read multicolor display is perfect for viewing programming information. You can also connect a Pioneer CD changer for even more musical options.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check the adapter's "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- CD receiver with built-in MOSFET45 amplifier (22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs and CD-Rs
- fits the 3" tall dash openings in many Chrysler and GM vehicles
- detachable face with multicolor display
- rotary volume control
- Easy EQ with six presets and a 3-band parametric EQ
- Front Image Enhancer sends only low frequencies to rear speakers (switchable)
- compatible with Pioneer iPod adapter
- XM satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and service subscription required)
- optional auxiliary input
- CD changer controls
- one set of preamp outputs
Other features and specs
- seek tuning
- CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 94 dB
- FM sensitivity: 10 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver
- Detachable face
- Wiring harness with 10-amp fuse
- Chrysler and GM Brackets and mounting hardware
- Manual (English/French)
- Installation manual (English and French)
- Warranty Card
- Note on setting the clock
I'm very happy with this unit. It sounds great and fits perfectly in the dash. Directions were good and made it easy to install. The Pioneer unit has a lot of features. Dimmer for night time...etc.... No regrets John
Anonymous, West Palm Beach, FL
Pioneer DEH-P47DH Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||22 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||50-15kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2.2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Display/Button Illumination: The LED backlit multi-color display illuminates the frequency and CD track/time in white and the mode indicators and the select buttons guide in green. There is a bright blue EQ curve display in the left hand portion of the display that shows the frequency response characteristic of each curve (except the "CUSTOM" curve). The EEQ button illuminates in blue, and all other buttons are backlit with green illumination.Easy-EQ (EEQ): This feature gives you a 3-Band Parametric EQ with Selectable Q Factor. You may select a low (40, 80, 100 or 160Hz), mid (200, 500, 1k or 2kHz) and high frequency (3k, 8k, 10k or 12kHz) to boost or cut. The Q factor (slope of the boost or cut) may be selected from one of the following four options: 2N (narrow/steep), 1N, 1W and 2W (wide/least steep). Selecting a narrow (steep) Q factor results in frequencies around the center frequency to be affected less by the boost or cut than they are with a wide Q factor. This feature is useful for taming frequency response problems caused by the dimensions, materials and speaker locations of a vehicle. A different "CUSTOM" curve can be set into memory for each source; the built-in CD player and optional CD changer are considered a single source, so they would share the same "CUSTOM" EQ curve.
Preset EQ Curves: This model has "POWERFUL", "NATURAL", "VOCAL", "CUSTOM", "EQ FLAT" and "SUPER BASS" preset EQ curves. The "CUSTOM" curve is one that you create and is stored in memory. There's an EQ curve display in the left hand portion of the display that shows the frequency response characteristic of each curve (except the "CUSTOM" curve; the displayed curve does not change with the settings you make to the custom curve).Rear Speaker Output Modes: The rear speaker wires can be used to power a full range speaker ("Full Range output") or a subwoofer. If you switch the rear speaker lead setting to "Sub woofer output", you can connect a subwoofer directly to the rear speaker leads without using an external amplifier.
F.I.E. (Front Image Enhancer) with Selectable Cutoff Frequency: Enhances the front image by cutting mid and high range frequencies to the rear speakers (and the preouts), limiting their output to low range frequencies. You may select a cutoff frequency of 100, 160 or 250Hz.Adjustable Loudness: You can select "Low", "Mid" or "High" for different levels of loudness compensation.
High Pass Filter: Allows you to filter out bass frequencies from the internal amplifier (front and rear speaker outputs). You can select 50, 80 or 125 Hz. The high pass filter can not be used when the F.I.E. function is used.Subwoofer/Non-fading Preouts: There is one set of outputs that may be set for full-range output, "subwoofer" or "non fading" output. When set to "non fading", the signal is full range and the output level is user selectable. When set to "subwoofer", the outputs are non fading, and they may be set for normal or reverse phase, 50Hz, 80Hz or 125Hz low-pass output, and the level is user selectable from -6 to +6.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function prevents radical leaps in volume when switching between sources. To use this function, you compare the volume level of the sources (AM, CD/CD changer, AUX) to the FM level, then you adjust the sources level to match that heard when listening to FM. Since the reference level is based on the FM volume, SLA is not possible on FM.Cellular Mute: Mutes audio when a cellular call is received, then restores the level once the call is over. To use this feature, you must have a cellular phone with a muting output that can be connected to the muting input wire of this unit.
Tuner: This receiver is equipped with Pioneer's proprietary Supertuner III, which provides excellent AM and FM performance.
Rotary Volume Control: A rotary volume control allows for easy volume level adjustment. Normally, the knob protrudes just slightly from the front of the face plate. To make the knob easier to turn, it may be made to stick out further from the face; to make the knob pop out, you simply press and release the knob. When the knob is in the extended position, pressing the knob inward returns the knob to it's normal, low-profile position.
Display Dimming: When the illumination wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle, and you turn your lights on, the display will dim to a preset level. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control.CD Insert Auto Turn-on: When unit is off and a CD is inserted it will automatically turn on and play the CD.
Pause: The CD player has a pause feature, which also works for CDs played in optional Pioneer CD changers.Disc Titling: You can store titles for up to 48 discs (when using a compatible Pioneer CD changer this increases to a total maximum of 100 discs). Each title may be up to 10 letters long.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs and finalized CD-Rs. The unit reviewed by Crutchfield played a CD-RW disc, but Pioneer does not claim compatibility with CD-RW discs. Results with CD-RW discs will vary depending on the quality of the discs; there are audio CD-RW discs that this unit will not play.AUX Title Input: Allows you to input a title for the AUX input function; item 130CDRB10 (or item 130CDRB20), sold separately, is required to use the AUX input feature.
IP-Bus Controls: The DEH-P47D is equipped with IP-Bus control, which allows you to connect and control other Pioneer components. You can add a multi-disc CD changer, a satellite radio receiver, an auxiliary input adapter, or an iPod adapter. The DEH-P47D will only support one external device plugged into its iP-Bus connector.
iPod Compatible: The optional Pioneer CD-IB100II iPod adaptor interface allows an iPod, iPod Mini, iPod photo, iPod nano, or iPod video portable digital music player with a dock connector to be hooked up to and controlled by the DEH-P47D.
XM Satellite Radio Compatible: This unit can control an optional XM Satellite Radio receiver (130P920XM). XM Satellite Radio features high-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming. For a monthly subscription fee, you'll be able to receive satellite radio signals in your car using an optional antenna and receiver.
CD Changer Controls: You can add an IP-Bus-compatible 6-disc or 12-disc Pioneer CD changer, and control it from the head unit. The unit feature the following CD-changer features.
- ITS (Instant Track Selection) Programming: The ITS function can be used to program automatic playback of up to 99 tracks per disc for up to 100 discs. With changers sold before the CDX-P1250 and CDX-P650, up to 24 tracks can be stored in the playlist.
- Direct Disc Selection: You can directly select discs 1-6 by pressing the corresponding button number on the front panel or remote. Discs 7-12 can be selected by pressing and holding the corresponding button number, such as button 1 for disc 7, etc.
- CD Track Scan: The beginning of each track on the selected disc plays for about 10 seconds before moving onto the next track and continues until you make your selection.
- CD Text Display: When used with a CD Text-compatible Pioneer CD changer, this unit will display the titles of CD Text encoded discs that are played in the changer. When playing a CD Text disc on a CD Text compatible changer, you cannot switch to the Disc Title Input mode. CD Text disc titles, artist names and track titles longer than 8 characters may be scrolled once to reveal the entire string of text by holding down the Display button.
- CD Sound Quality Adjustment: Using the "COMP" (compression) and "DBE" (dynamic bass emphasis) functions, you can adjust the playback quality of the changer. Each function may be set to one of two levels or off. The "COMP" function compresses the audio signal to eliminate distortions caused by the imbalances between the loudest and softest sounds when played at high volumes. The "DBE" function boosts bass frequencies to give your music a more full sound.
Note: For these functions to work, they must be supported by the Pioneer CD changer.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.