Art Monitor® over-ear headphones
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver exceptional clarity and accuracy
- bobbin-wound voice coil design provides accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for smoother sound
- lightweight aluminum housings help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep bass
- headset with 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- soft, oversized earpads
- 118" cloth-covered cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-42,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 11.8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (black) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
Very smooth sound. Bass is good but not boomy. They are also very comfortable to wear with glasses. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend them to anyone
Walter, Chicago, IL
Audio-Technica ATH-A990Z Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.318" x 4.318"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-42k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A990Z is part of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cloth-wrapped cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A990Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature bobbin-wound voice coils with oxygen-free copper wire (OFC) for superior performance and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in lightweight aluminum housings, which reduce unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the premium, soft earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A990Z has a 10' attached cloth-wrapped cable that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 42kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.318", Depth: 2.096"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 14.5 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Art Monitor® over-ear headphones
Professional monitor headphones
Bose® QuietComfort® 35 wireless headphones II
Beats by Dr. Dre® Studio3 Wireless
Over-ear noise-canceling Bluetooth® headphones with Apple® W1 chip