Art Monitor® over-ear headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z - Closed-back design and sturdy titanium housings lower resonance for strong, natural bass
Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z - Hand-crafted 53" drivers deliver exquisite, effortless, and remarkably accurate sound
Our take on the Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Massive soundfield with tons of detail
The Audio-Technica ATH-A2000Z feature extra large drivers that deliver a much more spacious sound than I expected from a pair of closed-backs. Within that super-size soundstage, I heard well-balanced sound with pinpoint imaging. Highs and mids are incredibly articulate, and the bass is strong and tightly controlled. Comfort-wise, this is Audio-Technica at their best — I sank into overstuffed earpads and the headband just seemed to fall into place.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design
- hand-assembled, large-aperture 53mm dynamic drivers deliver pure, remarkably accurate sound
- extra-powerful German Permendur® magnetic circuit for precise music reproduction
- highly-efficient bobbin-wound voice coil design provides clear, accurate sound across a wide frequency range
- diaphragm design offers better airflow for precise movement
- pure titanium housings and lightweight magnesium alloy baffles help dampen resonance
- Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) reproduces deep, natural bass
- pure iron headphone yoke
- headset with auto-adjusting 3D wing system for a comfortable, fuss-free fit
- stitched, oversized earpads
- 118" cloth-covered cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- frequency response: 5-45,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 101 dB
- impedance: 44 ohms
- weight: 10.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (silver) with attached 10' cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Instruction booklet
- Environmental declaration
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.125" x 4.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-45k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-A2000Z is flagship of the Art Monitor-series of Audio-Technica's high fidelity headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies, including Hi-Res Audio reproduction. They have an attached 10' cable with a 3.5mm plug and a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter. The A2000Z headphones are ideal for studio and live work, or personal listening.
Drivers: The large 53mm large-aperture drivers feature a top-quality German Permendur magnetic circuit with significant magnetic flux density, and bobbin-wound voice coils with 7N-grade (99.99999%-pure) oxygen-free copper wire (OFC-7N) for ultra-efficient signal transfer, superior performance, and wide frequency response. The drivers are installed in highly-rigid, pure titanium housings with a lightweight magnesium alloy baffle, which reduces unwanted resonance. The top-mounted PCB provides excellent transient response, and improved airflow and precise diaphragm movement, while the Double Air Damping system (DADS) augments the deep bass.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature Audio-Technica's proprietary 3D wing support system, which provides an improved fit and greater comfort for long listening sessions. The closed-back design helps keep out unwanted ambient noise, while the high-quality, stitched earpads gently surround your ear to provide the proper seal.
Cable: The ATH-A2000Z has a 10' attached dual-sided cable with an elastomer sheath that is tangle-resistant and dampens contact noise into the headphones. The cable features 4 cores of 6N-grade (99.9999%-pure) oxygen-free copper (OFC-6N) The cable terminates into a sturdy gold-plated 3.5mm plug with a screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter, so you can listen to your smartphone, tablet, and portable devices, as well as studio mixers, sound boards, and home audio components.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 45kHz
- Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 2000mW
- Impedance: 44 ohms
- Dimensions: Diameter: 4.125", Depth: 1.994"
- Cable Length: 10' (straight)
- Weight: 12.9 ounces (with 1/4" adapter)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Quality product and Crutchfield stands by everything I have ever purchased [ Brent E. Apr 11, 2017 ]