Sony Wireless Lightbulb Speaker (LSPX-102E26)
Smart LED bulb with built-in Bluetooth® speaker
Sony Wireless Lightbulb Speaker (LSPX-102E26) - Sync up tunes with good, strong light levels while you're prepping dinner
Sony Wireless Lightbulb Speaker (LSPX-102E26) - The included remote offers intuitive control of bulb and speaker
Our take on the Sony Wireless Lightbulb Speaker (LSPX-102E26) by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Choose your preferred color and brightness, then sync with your music library to liven up any task.
This Bluetooth speaker will light up your life
Why put a Bluetooth speaker in an LED lightbulb? Why not! Sony's clever LSPX-102E26 is a smart bulb with 192 color settings and a speaker that plays your tunes wirelessly, all controllable with the included remote.
Touch pair your compatible smartphone or tablet with the remote, and you'll open up a world of choices for setting the mood in your living space.
Sync up and get in the mood
Once your mobile device is paired with the remote, you'll have access to the bulb's amazing range of color options. You'll also have access to all of your music via Sony's free SongPal app.
Then you can get creative — sync specific lighting colors with specific playlists to suit your mood. Maybe you'll study under soft white light while classical music plays. Perhaps on game day your lights will beam out team colors while rock and hip-hop provide the pre-game soundtrack. The ball is in your court.
- LED bulb with built-in Bluetooth® speaker replaces standard light bulb in most fixtures
- 192 color settings
- 32 levels of brightness
- fits standard E26 light socket
- included remote offers wireless control of bulb and speaker
- touch pair your tablet or smartphone with the remote
- sync up your music collection with the free SongPal app
- synchronize sound and light to create the perfect mood
- set timers that alert you with coordinated light and music
- 2-7/16" diameter x 4-5/8" length
- weight: 7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- LED bulb speaker w/ Bluetooth
- Remote control (RM-ANU464)
- CR2032 3V battery (pre-installed in remote)
- Reference Guide
- Startup Guide
- Warranty Card
LED Bulb Speaker w/ Bluetooth: The Sony LSPX-102E26 LED Bulb Speaker with Bluetooth lets you enjoy music anywhere you have an E26 light bulb socket, without any need for batteries, charging, or cables. Just replace your standard light bulb and flip on the power switch to start listening. The speaker is totally wireless and blends easily into any decor. It also provides 192 color settings and 32 levels of brightness to set just the right mood. Its controllable via the included wireless remote and from your Apple iOS or Android device using a dedicated app.
Note: The LED Bulb Speaker is not waterproof and is designed to be used only indoors.
Compatibility: The Sony LED Bulb Speaker is compatible with any standard E26 screw socket, so installation is as simple as changing your light bulb. The LED Bulb Speaker does not have the same weight, brightness, distribution of light, etc. as normal incandescent light bulbs. When installing the bulb speaker to a multi-light fixture or an adjustable lamp, make sure to select a fixture that is strong enough to support the weight of the bulb speaker without tipping.
Notes: Some types of light fixtures may not be usable, depending on the size, heat conditions, and other circumstances.
- Luminaires with a dimming feature, emergency lights, exit lights, or HID lamp fixtures (mercury lamps, etc.) This can cause damage to the light, smoke emission, or short circuiting.
- Luminaires that are enclosed, where the area in or around the fixture heats up, etc. The service life of the bulb speaker will shorten, and the brightness may automatically lower to reduce power.
Wide Listening Area: The bulb's front-facing 1.625" speaker delivers clear, relaxing sound from above, over a wide listening area.
- If the light fixture containing the bulb speaker has a shade that covers the speaker area or has a narrow opening, the sound may be muffled. For better sound quality, select a fixture with a wide opening in the shade.
- If installing the bulb speaker to an adjustable lamp, sound vibrations may cause the fixture to shake, thus affecting the sound quality. Select a lamp that is sufficiently sturdy.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Sony LSPX-102E26 features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with support for A2DP and AVRCP, so you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the LED Bulb Speaker. The LSPX-102E26 offers supports for the standard SBC Bluetooth codec, as well as the AAC codec for better quality streaming from Apple iOS devices.
- Controls: You can control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, and Pairing from the included wireless remote.
- Pairing: You can pair of to 7 devices with the Sony LED Bulb Speaker, but only one device can be connected and played back at a time. The LED Bulb Speaker will automatically reconnect with an already paired device, once it comes into wireless range (up to 32').
Note: The Sony LED Bulb Speaker does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
Multi-Color LED Bulb: The Sony LSPX-102E26 is equipped with a warm white (2700K) semi-omni distribution LED bulb that is capable of producing up to 500 lumens, while only consuming 8.6W of power. With 192 color settings and 32 levels of brightness, you can find the perfect tone for every mood and moment. From the dedicated app for Apple iOS and Android, you can set the tone of your room with personalized music and color combinations, as well as save your own presets so you can quickly re-create the moods.
Note: If installing the bulb speaker to a multi-light fixture with normal light bulbs, be aware that the brightness and the light color will differ from that of the other bulbs.
Wireless Remote: Connect the included remote to your smartphone via Bluetooth to enjoy simple wireless control over light, color, and music. The wireless remote is powered by a pre-installed CR2032 3V lithium battery. Control functions of the remote include -
- Volume Up/Down
- Stereo/Double Mode
Stereo or Double Pairing: You can pair two Sony LED Bulb Speakers together for stereo sound or to double up the sound.
Apple iOS & Android Apps: Easily set the color and brightness with Sony's dedicated LED Bulb Speaker Application (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.1-up). You can also take control of your music with the SongPal app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+). Set the tone of your room with music and color by synchronizing your light and music settings manually for an environment that matches your mood, or try the in-app presets for inspiration.
- LED Bulb Speaker App: This application can be used to control aspects of the LED Bulb Speaker, such as the brightness, color, timer, and other settings from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- SongPal App: Download the SongPal on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to take control of your music collection.
Note: A Bluetooth connection between your Apple iOS or Android device and the Sony LSPX-102E26 is required to use either application.
Sleep Timer: When you set the Sleep Timer, the bulb speaker turns off after the designated time so you can fall asleep each night to soft music and relaxing light. The Sleep Timer is preset at 60 minutes when select from the included remote. You can change the duration of the Sleep Timer from the LED Bulb Speaker app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- LED Bulb Speaker: 2.4375" (diameter) x 4.5625" (height)
- Wireless Remote Control: 2.5625" (diameter) x 1.125" (height)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Because it is cool! [ Lauri May 08, 2017 ]
I chose this product because of all the color options available as well as volume options. It comes with remote and seems to have an extremely easy ease of use. First time buyer of this product and if it does everything it says I'll surely purchase more to go throughout the house. [ Theodora Apr 23, 2017 ]
3 questions already asked
You can pair two Sony LED Bulb Speakers together for stereo sound or to double up the sound. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the bulb's main webpage. [ Ryan Jan 05, 2018 ] Staff
That's a good question. I just purchased mine in April, but I haven't had any problems out of it. I like the different brightness levels available in white and the large color spectrum available. The ability to use the included remote or or Bluetooth app really comes in handy. It comes with a limited one year warranty. Sony will, at their option, repair or replace with a new, recertified or refurbished product or part, any product determined to be defective. [ Theodora Jun 03, 2017 ]
Thanks for your question. Here is the information from the product page "Details" tab. "The LED Bulb Speaker is not waterproof and is designed to be used only indoors". Hope this helps. [ Kenny Apr 24, 2017 ] Staff