SiriusXM Commander Touch
Satellite radio tuner with touchscreen controller
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 220SXVCT1 | MFR # SXVCT1
Price break: -$40.00
$89.99 Earn up to 90 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the SiriusXM Commander Touch by Crutchfield's Jon P.
Choose your custom installation
Mount the Commander Touch anywhere, or go for a custom installation like this one.
With a full-color touchscreen and an impressive list of available features, the Commander Touch is a great way to add the wonders of satellite radio to your daily drive.
The Commander Touch connects to any receiver with an AUX input or an FM antenna connection. The tuner installs out of sight, and the touchscreen controller mounts just about anywhere – you can attach it to the dash or a vent clip using double-sided tape or an aftermarket mount (sold separately). But if you want a more permanent "built-in" look, you use the included flush mount for a smooth, custom installation (professional installation recommended).
Plenty of programming
Wherever you mount the Commander Touch, you'll be able to get more enjoyment than ever from your SiriusXM subscription. The full-color display gives you a brilliant view of album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program information, and you can use the touchscreen to choose from the vast array of music, news, entertainment, and sports available on SiriusXM.
You'll have an impressive array of features to enhance your experience, too. With the Commander Touch, you can pause, rewind and replay live satellite radio programming from the screen, so you'll never miss a thing. Start songs from the beginning with TuneStart™, or use TuneMix™ to hear a mix of songs from your favorite channels. And every driver will appreciate helpful updates from the Traffic & Weather Now™ feature. Depending on your subscription package, you can also access SiriusXM Xtra Channels for even more great programming.
Note: The Commander Touch can be updated using a USB flash drive (sold separately) to add new features and capabilities as they become available.
Installation Note: Please identify your vehicle if you plan on using the included FM modulator to connect the Commander Touch to your car's radio.
- package includes hideaway tuner, touchscreen controller, FM modulator, and magnetic antenna
- full-color touchscreen controller displays album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program info
- pause, rewind, and replay live satellite radio broadcasts
- enjoy SiriusXM Xtra Channels (depending on your subscription package)
- 18 channel presets
- 60 minutes internal memory
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SiriusXM hide-away tuner module (w/ attached 6.5' cable)
- Touchscreen display controller
- SiriusXM antenna (w/ attached 23' cable terminated by an SMB connector)
- Power harness
- FM direct antenna cable (FMDA25)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable
- Flush-mount housing
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Mounting plate
- 4 Machine screws
- Alcohol prep pad
- Quick Start Guide
SiriusXM Commander Touch Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Commander Touch Vehicle Radio: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) allows you to add SiriusXM Satellite Radio to your vehicle's factory radio or aftermarket radio through either an Aux input or the FM tuner.
Note: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) will require a SiriusXM subscription for access to the SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. SiriusXM's Xtra channels offer a number of additional comedy & music channels as well as SiriusXM Latino; a set of dedicated Latin music, sports & talk channels. Click here for the latest channel listings. Access to Xtra channels depends on subscription package.
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Display Controller: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) includes a Display Controller that features a full-color LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 480 x 180.
- Song/Artist Information + Album Art: The full-color touchscreen displays album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program information. You can choose from 3 display modes - Auto, Day, or Night.
- Touchscreen Controls: The LCD touchscreen offers capacitive touch controls. Simply use your finger to make selections by tapping the icons displayed on the touchscreen. Some touchscreen icons have a double functions, depending upon whether you tap and release the icon, or whether you tap and hold the icon. Certain areas of the touchscreen allow you to swipe your finger left, right, up, or down to search and make selections.
Hide-Away Tuner Module: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) includes a hide-away SiriusXM tuner module for SiriusXM Satellite Radio reception. The SXVCT1's display controller and antenna will plug into the hide-away tuner module, along with the Aux input or factory antenna of your head unit.
Tuning Functions: The SiriusXM Commander Touch offers a variety of tuning functions to help you find, select, and save the SiriusXM Radio stations you want to listen to most.
- Channel & Category Lists: SiriusXM channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find channels according to the genre (pop, rock, comedy, etc.). When browsing the channel list, it can be viewed in numerical order or in category order.
- Direct Tuning: A SiriusXM channel can be tuned directly by entering the channel number from the LCD touchscreen's keypad.
- Smart Favorites: You can set up to 18 of your favorite channels so you can easily access those channels. Channels saved as favorites remember up to 30 minutes of content that played on those favorite channels, so that when you tune a favorite channel you can rewind up to 30 minutes.
Advanced Tuning Features: The SiriusXM Commander Touch provides advanced tuning features to allow you to replay live content, customize your own stations, and keep you from missing your favorite music on your favorite SiriusXM channels.
- Instant Replay: The SXVCT1 supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays songs in a unique mix from the music channels you have saved as favorites, allowing you to build a single blended music channel of 2 to 18 channels, or three blended music channels from 2 to 6 music channels each.
- TuneStart: With the TuneStart enabled, you will hear the beginning of the song when you tune to one of your 18 favorite music channels in the current SiriusXM Preset Band.
Traffic & Weather Now: The Traffic and Weather Now feature provides an up-to-date traffic and weather report for a selected city near your location. Simply press the Traffic & Weather Now icon on the unit's touchscreen and you'll be able to hear the latest report. Tap the icon again and you will return to the previous channel picking up right where you left off.
Channel Lock: The channel lock feature allows you to lock access to individual channels. A 3-digit numerical code controls access to locked. channels
Radio Connectivity: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) connects to your factory radio or aftermarket head unit via Aux or FM. You can adjust the unit's output level to match your head unit's other sources.
- Auxiliary: The SXVCT is fitted with a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack,
- FM Direct: The included FM Direct Adaptor (FMDA25) plugs into the SXVCT's FM output (2.5mm) and directly in line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna and your factory radio's antenna input (motorola). You will need to tune your radio to 88.1 FM. Some vehicles will require additional antenna adapters (sold separately).
Magnetic Antenna: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and mounted on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting Options: The LCD touchscreen controller mounts directly to your dash, and the tuner hides discreetly behind the dash for a fully integrated look with minimal visible wires.
- Mounting the Controller: The LCD touchscreen controller can be mounted in a variety of ways. It can simply be adhered to a dash surface using double-sided tape or hook-and-loop tape (not included), or directly attached to a dash surface using the included screws. The LCD touchscreen controller has a standard AMPS mounting pattern on the back which is compatible with many other types of mounting solutions designed for vehicles; such as a suction cup windshield mount, a pedestal mount, a dash mount, a vent clip mount, etc. Depending on your vehicle you may also be able to use the included flush mount bracket for a more integrated look.
- Mounting the Tuner Module: The SiriusXM tuner module should be installed and secured behind the dash or center console using wire-ties (not included). Keep in mind that you will need to route several cables to the tuner module from the LCD touchscreen controller, your factory radio, and antenna, so allow enough clearance for the cable connections.
Note: The LCD touchscreen controller includes a flush mount installation option which requires cutting an opening in the dash or console of the vehicle which may or may not be suitable for your specific vehicle. Professional installation is recommended for this type of installation.
Power/Ground Harness: The SXVCT1 comes with a wiring harness that has four wires: +12V constant (yellow), +12V accessory (red), illumination (orange), and ground (black). These wires will need to be hardwired in the vehicle.
USB Updateable: SiriusXM may occasionally release a system software update for Commander Touch. The update can be installed by connecting a USB flash drive with the software update to the microUSB port located at the bottom of the Display Controller. A microUSB Flash Drive or a USB (type-A) flash drive with a USB (type-A) to microUSB adapter is required (not included).
- Width = 4.1875"
- Height = 1.75"
- Depth = 0.5625"
- Cable Length = 6.5'
Hide-Away Tuner Module:
- Width = 5.1875"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 2.25"
- Width = 1.5625"
- Height = 0.6875"
- Depth = 1.875"
- Cable Length = 23'
- Width = 5.375"
- Height = 2.1875"
- Depth = 0.8125"
- Cutout = 4.3125" x 1.875" x 0.625"
- Width = 2.125"
- Height = 0.75"
- Depth = 1.0"
- Cable Lengths = 8" (male motorola), 8" (female motorola), 6' (2.5mm)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I received an email from Crutchfield and read the material and decided to buy. [ KENNETH Aug 11, 2018 ]
I just got a 2018 Toyota Highlander. It is a wonderful vehicle with everything that I wanted, except Sirius XM. Once I have this setup, I should no longer have that problem. [ K Apr 04, 2018 ]
looks good! [ Bill Apr 02, 2018 ]
small and should not be a brite as the one i have now for nite time driving [ Robert Feb 21, 2018 ]
my wife is use to xm radio and the car we have now is not equiped [ mark Dec 28, 2017 ]
So it can always be in car instead of changing out the stationary one from car to home and back again. [ DIANE Nov 24, 2017 ]
IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH MY 2007 CAMRY. TREVOR WAS VERY HELPFUL! THANK YOU [ WILLIAM L Sep 22, 2017 ]
I wanted to keep the stock stereo, but add Sirius xm radio. [ WILLIAM Aug 07, 2017 ]
Love Siriusxm that I got in my new car [ STEVEN Jul 22, 2017 ]
This is the easiest and cheapest way to get satellite radio in our Sprinter. [ William Jul 08, 2017 ]
It's perfect for my motorcycle. [ TomP May 02, 2017 ]
I have to switch out aftermarket car stereo equipment from my company car every year. The last several years I have been installing and uninstalling everything from amps, touchscreen head unit and speakers/subs. Gets quite expensive of course to enjoy sound like this. Simplifying this year with an easy satellite radio add on that I can do in a quick install into a 2017 CRV. [ Jeremy Mar 12, 2017 ]
Husband wanted for Christmas! [ Lori Dec 15, 2016 ]
Replacing an older XM commander. This deal was too go to pass up. [ Christopher Nov 12, 2016 ]
Zac helped me on a tec call and recommended it. [ ROXANNA M Nov 10, 2016 ]
Because my factory radio did not come with seriusxm radio and was looking for somithing with a small foot print to install in my 2016 Mustang GT . [ Jason Oct 21, 2016 ]
i like the fact it is remote touch screen and also very small. [ JOHN Sep 28, 2016 ]
Got a new weekend fun car but no Sirius radio. This unit is small enough to hide out of sight to keep that super clean look [ Mark Aug 27, 2016 ]
It will fit perfectly flush in the dash. [ ODIS Apr 01, 2016 ]
looked like the best option for my vehicle since it has the factory entertainment center. [ TERRI Mar 06, 2016 ]
THE LOOK [ JOSEPH Mar 05, 2016 ]
Sleek design. Best Buy did not have [ Metralla dora Jan 23, 2016 ]
Perfect addition for my Focus ST. [ Leon Dec 28, 2015 ]
19 questions already asked
Yes [ conley Nov 12, 2018 ]
Sorry, can't help. I installed this rec in 2006 Jag Mod S into existing radio w/Nav. But spoke with Crutchfiled before I bought. They send rec and adp cord to plug into radio. It all worked fine directly thru channel on radio. Only problem, as it connects thru antenna plugs, AM radio all static. But it's ok. Suggest call Crutchfield, they were very helpful setting up. [ LARRY Nov 10, 2018 ]
I am not using th FM adapter and the quality is very good. [ Bill Nov 10, 2018 ]
Hi there. Antenna adapters for your specific vehicle should be able to be purchased to accommodate the FM direct adapter. You will buy an adapter to go from the fm direct module to your factory head unit if necessary. Here is the link to Crutchfield's products with these types of adapters. Have a look and call Crutchfield to help you make sure you buy the right one. It will definitely give you mutch better sound. There are other options for wiring directly to factory stereos that can give you even better sound depending on the factory stereo. Ask the advisor about your best sound option. They'll hook you up. Hope this helps. Jeremy https://www.crutchfield.com/g_119400/Car-Antennas-and-Adapters.html?o=f [ Jeremy Nov 09, 2018 ]
While it may be a couch screen, the controls are fine enough to change channels and edit settings, Tbickee finger and or gloves are difficult due to the slow response and lack of feedback from t system with changes. This produces unintended channel selection or non-response too often for my liking. [ Edgar Jul 07, 2018 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Kenny Aug 14, 2017 ] Staff
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Kenny May 24, 2017 ] Staff
For best results, have it professionally installed. [ JOHN Mar 11, 2017 ]
You have to use the FM modulator. It comes in the box. [ Teddy Mar 11, 2017 ]
You'll need to connect all of the wires (12volt constant, 12 volt switched, Illumination & ground) properly for the unit to work, yes. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Dec 21, 2016 ] Staff
It is hard wired to the vehicle and can not be taken out once installed . It is wired with a remote wire and 12 volt power source . [ Jason Nov 21, 2016 ]
It is not. [ Javier Nov 20, 2016 ]
No its meant primarily just for car.It has a separate tuner unit it attaches to. [ Anthony Nov 20, 2016 ]
No sir [ JEFF Nov 20, 2016 ]
No [ SEAN Nov 20, 2016 ]
No....Once you've nailed it to the dash using 6D nails and a good sized splodge of liquid nails it aint going nowhere, ever, ever, ever again [ Jeffrey Nov 20, 2016 ]
No. This model specifically is designed as a more subtle installation where you only see the control panel so, it does not mount into a "dock" and cannot be removed like the other "Dock and Play" models. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Nov 02, 2016 ] Staff
You could, yes. But, there would be more compact SXM units for doing that. This one has a LONG wire from the control head to the "something else" box. The real issue with portability is all the wire, in my opinion. But, yes, on paper, what you want to do will work. [ TONY Jul 16, 2016 ]
You can check to see if this will fit your vehicle by using our Outfit My Car tool: http://www.crutchfield.com/car/carselector.aspx For additional details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jul 13, 2016 ] Staff
bought this as a gift for someone else . I have no idea on the technical applications of this product. sorry. [ DAVE J Jul 11, 2016 ]
Yes the touch commander hooks up in line with your radio antenna and plays thru a FM radio channel I really like the one I bought works perfect with the stock radio in my wife's 2003 Mustang GT [ MARK May 23, 2016 ]
Yes this will work, just connect the Antenna adapter inline with your radio antenna and tune radio to the FM channel that is how i connected mine only i just left the car antenna unplugged cause after sat radio, regular radio stinks ggod luck. [ Bill May 23, 2016 ]
No . You can only playback SXM On Demand downloads on your smart phone. [ JOHN Jan 12, 2016 ]
Per the research we have on file for your '15 Civic SE you can use the FM Direct connection on the SiriusXM Commander Touch, but you would need this antenna adapter to connect the factory antenna into the FM Direct connector: http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/item/default.aspx?I=12040HD11 And then you'd need this adapter to go from the FM Direct connection back to the factory radio in your Civic: http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/item/default.aspx?I=12040HD21 My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=159 [ Larry Jan 15, 2016 ] Staff
This unit has 18 channel presets. [ Kenny Jan 04, 2016 ] Staff
Unfortunately we don't have any details as to what may be coming in the future. I agree that would be a great add on. I'll leave you with the customer service phone number for the manufacturer in case you want to inquire further. 800-645-4994. [ Kenny Jan 01, 2016 ] Staff
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Dec 21, 2015 ] Staff
No Aux input. [ PHILIP Dec 19, 2015 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Dec 06, 2015 ] Staff