Amplified slim-line indoor/outdoor HDTV antenna
Item # 209TV55 | MFR # TV55
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Terk TV55
The Terk TV55 is engineered to provide optimal reception of both digital and analog over-the-air TV broadcasts. A unique helical-coil reception element gives this compact unit the power of a larger antenna. An impedance-matched amplifier precisely calibrated for digital TV provides a clear, consistent picture at all times. The amplifier can be set to high-gain mode for boosting weak signals, or can be bypassed for optimal reception of strong signals.
The slim design of this antenna allows unobtrusive mounting on a wall, in a closet or attic, or along a window sill. The silicone-sealed, weatherproof construction ensures reliable performance even when mounted outdoors. The TV55 comes complete with power supply and all mounting hardware.Details:
- receives digital and analog UHF/VHF TV signals (channels 2-69)
- broadband helical-coil single element
- ultra-low-noise, impedance-matched amplifier (gain is +10 dB for UHF/VHF)
- threaded F-connector for connection to RG-6 cable
- rustproof, high-strength aluminum body, silicone-sealed for maximum weather resistance
- includes power injector, sill and mast mounting brackets, flat coax cable
- 46-5/8"W x 4"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
Rabbit ears with amplification did not pick up all channels. This product mounted in the attic of single story home brought in all channels perfectly. Easy to install.
RJ, Taylorsville, ky
What's in the Box:
- TV-55 amplified UHF/VHF/Digital TV antenna
- D9300-04 AC adapter with 5.6' cord terminating in a coax connection to the antenna and a coax connection to TV (9VDC
- 3' RG-6 coax cable with weather boots on both ends
- 2 wall mount cam locks
- 1/4-20 x 1-1/2" Hex-head bolt
- 1/4-20 x 2-1/2" Hex-head bolt
- Mast Mount Base
- Mast Mount Cover
- two 1/4-20 x 3/4" Hex-head bolts
- 1/4-20 wing nut
- 2 window mount brackets
- two 1/4"-20 Hexagon nuts
- two #10 x 2-1/2 flat-head screws
- Channel insert
- two #8 x 1-1/2" pan-head screws
- 9.75" flat coaxial cable
- two 1/4" split washers
- two #10 and two #8 plastic wall anchors
- Owners manual (English and Spanish)
- Registration/Survey card
- Terk Promo
Terk TV55 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Helical Technology: Wraps the reception elements in coils instead of stretching them out allowing the antenna to be much more compact.
Patented Dual-Mode Amplifier: The unit's ultra-low noise amplifier design lets you select high-gain mode (10 dB gain) for best reception of weak signals or to by-pass amplification for best reception of strong signals.
Ultra-durable weatherproof housing: Allows the unit to be mounted indoors or outdoors.
Operational bandwidth: 54 - 806 MHz allows this unit to be used to receive HDTV and UHF/VHF signals.
Range: As with all antennas, actual usable range will vary greatly depending on location, where the antenna is mounted, etc. A program is available on Terk's website (Terk.com) which can help you select TV antennas suitable for a United States address.
Construction: The antenna is made with a co-polymer making it resistant to weathering.
Mounting: For optimum performance it should be mounted horizontally with the front facing the general direction of the broadcast signals, and as high as possible. It should not be installed on a metal surface since that will degrade reception quality.
Mounting hardware supplied: The supplied hardware allows this unit to be wall mounted using the supplied wall mount brackets, mounted on a window ledge using the supplied window brackets and flat coaxial cable, or mounted on a 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" mast (a mast is not supplied) using the supplied mast bracket and mask bracket cover. Although this unit can be used with DBS systems note that two diplexers (not included) will be required.
- Antenna: Attach coax cable from the antenna to the coax jack marked (to antenna) at the end of the AC adapter cord.
- TV: Attach coax cable marked "to TV" at the end of the AC adapter cord to TV. Note: If TV does not have a 75 Ohm Coax input , a 75 to 300 ohm adapter (not included) will be needed.
- Connecting when using a DBS system: When used with a DBS system you do not use the included AC adapter since the DC voltage needed by the TV55 will be provided by the DBS system's receiver. You will, however, need two diplexers which are not supplied with this unit.
- Operating Bandwidth: VHF: 54MHz to 806MHz
- Amplifier Gain: +10dB (can be turned off/on with a switch located on the AC adapter)
- Output Impedance: 75 ohms
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.