Infinity Reference 6020cs
6-1/2" component speaker system
For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings
Our take on the Infinity Reference 6020cs by Crutchfield's Leigh Schoettinger
Looking to step up in sound quality? Say hello to Infinity Reference component speakers. These precision components fill your car with bold, radiant sound, so you hear your music as it's meant to be heard clear, natural, and detailed.
The Reference 6020cs system features low-impedance 6-1/2"/6-3/4" woofers, designed to extract maximum power from your amplifier or car stereo. And Infinity increased the surface area of its woofer cones, so they provide up to 30 percent more cone area than other speakers of the same size category. As a result, you'll enjoy efficient, healthy bass.
Mount the soft dome tweeters with a clear shot to your ears, and listen as a whole new world opens up. In the tight confines of your car, you'll hear subtle nuances and little details in your music that you may never have noticed before. Infinity includes its unique Starfish mounting brackets, so you can install the tweeters in a variety of factory speaker openings.
External crossovers direct the high and low notes to the proper speakers for great clarity and high efficiency. You can adjust the tweeter level for best performance in your vehicle. Let Infinity Reference components help you rediscover the fun of listening to music in your car.
Important Note: These Infinity speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
Priced per system
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" Plus One+ Injection-Molded Polypropylene (IMPP) woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass)
- 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- tweeter adjustment circuits (0, -3 dB)
- power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Metal mounting rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 6" speaker leads)
- Two 40" lengths of speaker wire with female slide connectors on one end and bare wire on other end
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- 2 Strips of self-adhesive foam
- Twelve 1" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/8" self-tapping screws
- 8 Machine screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
I've installed the Infinity 6020CS in both front and back without any problems, they fit perfect. Had to do a little custom work with tweeters to get them in the stock location by door handle and was able to do with out any cutting. They sound excellant.
fjohnson, Miami, FL
Infinity Reference 6020cs Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Tweeter Composition||Edge-driven textile|
|Woofer Surround||Hi-roll rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||86.6|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||53 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: Each woofer is constructed from Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Intermount III: Infinity's Intermount III mounting system allows the 6020cs woofers to fit in 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" applications. A metal adapter ring is included with each woofer for certain 6-1/2" applications and a plastic adapter ring for each speaker is included for 6-3/4" applications.
Tweeter Material: Each 1" tweeter uses an edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.514" (screw depth)||0.867"||0.502"||0.456"||0.992"||0.882"|
2-Way Crossovers: These speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers. Each crossover features an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to "-3 dB" or "0 dB."
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are four mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: W = 3.475", H = 1.245", D = 4.315"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Robert Ferency-Viars, Ken Nail
Crutchfield experts discuss some of the features that make Infinity Reference Series car speakers such a popular choice.