Klipsch Capitol Heresy III
Floor-standing speaker with special edition logo and finish (Capitol Blonde)
Item # 714H3CRBCH | MFR # 1064306
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Klipsch Capitol Heresy III by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
An iconic partnership between Klipsch and Capitol Records
Klipsch's Heresy III floor-standing speaker boasts classic style and impressive sound, making it a smash hit with our customers. Now Klipsch has partnered with Capitol Records to create a special edition of this iconic speaker. This version features the same detailed musical performance as the regular Heresy III, along with a custom salt-and-pepper cloth grille, and a Klipsch and Capitol Records logo.
Use a pair of Klipsch Capitol Heresy IIIs in a high-end stereo system for exquisite musical performance (shown in Capitol Blonde).
Heritage worth celebrating
Capitol Records was born in the early 1940's, not long before Paul Klipsch launched his iconic speaker company. Since then, both ventures have heavily influenced the listening experience of music lovers all over the globe.
Built to rock
The Capitol Heresy III provides rich, lifelike sound with crystal clear detail. It's impressively efficient, so you get terrific sound without needing a ton of power. Both its midrange driver and tweeter use Klipsch's famous horn-loaded design. A 12" woofer rounds out the low end with powerful, accurate bass.
Proudly made in the USA
The Capitol Heresy III is designed and built in Hope, Arkansas. The back of each one sports a plaque that's hand-signed by the speaker's craftsman.
- handmade in Hope, Arkansas
- three-way design with acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- frequency response: 58-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with Tractrix® horn
- midrange: 1-3/4" titanium-diaphragm compression driver with Tractrix horn
- woofer: 12" fiber-composite cone
- real wood veneer finish
- includes a special edition salt and pepper cloth grille
- grille features a Klipsch/Capitol Records logo
- the back of the speaker features a special edition plaque signed by the speaker's craftsman
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts (bi-wire and bi-amp capable)
- 15-1/2"W x 23-7/8"H x 13-7/16"D
- weight: 44 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Floor-standing loudspeaker
- Detachable grille (installed)
- Base riser (installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- "Congratulations" letter
- Klipsch brochure
Klipsch Capitol Heresy III Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||1.75|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Woofer Surround||Treated cloth|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||58-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Heresy III: First introduced in 1957, the Heresy started life as a compact center channel speaker for the Klipschorn in three-speaker stereo arrays. The Heresy is a compact, three-way design that uses horn-loaded compression drivers for midrange and treble reproduction and a direct radiating 12"woofer for the low frequencies.
3-Way Design: The Klipsch Heresy III loudspeaker features a three-way design that uses horn-loaded compression drivers for midrange and treble reproduction, plus a direct radiating 12" woofer for the low frequencies.
- 1" Tweeter (w/ Tractrix Horn): The 1" (K-107-TI) titanium diaphragm compression driver is coupled to a Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging, and more powerful dynamics.
- 1.75" Midrange (w/ Exponential Horn): The 1.75" (K-53-TI) titanium diaphragm compression driver is coupled with an Exponential Horn for detailed, accurate midrange sound.
- 12" Woofer: The 12" (K-28-E) fiber-composite cone woofer delivers powerful low frequencies. The 12" woofer also employs a treated cloth surround for added efficiency and flexibility.
Crossover Network: For signal purity and perfect driver integration, the crossover (HF: 5500Hz/MF: 850Hz) on the Heresy III features the finest components and Klipsch custom internal wiring.
MDF Enclosure: The Klipsch Heresy III loudspeaker employs a solid, inert MDF cabinet which minimizes panel vibrations that can color sound. The acoustic suspension (sealed) design lends itself to the speaker's accurate, natural sound reproduction. The Heresy III is available in a high-quality cherry, blonde cherry, walnut, or black ash real-wood veneer finish.
Dual Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Klipsch Heresy III loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single/dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Placement: The Klipsch Heresy III loudspeaker will perform well in a variety of locations. Corner, floor placement will deliver the highest degree of low bass reinforcement and the pre-installed slant riser base helps to compensate for the Heresy's short stature. This riser may be removed for shelf or cabinet placement. Self-stick rubber pads are supplied for attachment to the bottom of the cabinet to prevent scratching of shelves and hard surfaces. Best results will be achieved using the following general guidelines.
- Place on a common wall 6' to 15' apart and position them equidistant from the wall behind the speakers.
- Angle speakers toward the listener and even with or forward of any adjacent obstructions.
- Placing them near a corner or wall provides the greatest amount of bass while moving the speakers away from room boundaries reduces bass.
- Asymmetrical placement of a pair of speakers from adjacent side walls can smooth room-induced bass unevenness.
Note: Experiment with the above guidelines to suit your taste and to compensate for your room's acoustic characteristics.
Heritage Series (Made in the USA): The Klipsch Heritage Series is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas. Each Heritage Series loudspeaker utilizes Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded technology to bring a live music listening experience into the home. All Heritage Series loudspeakers are available in a variety high-quality wood veneers. Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. They continue to drive the design of every new Klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Note: The Heritage Series consists of the La Scala II, Cornwall III, Heresy III, and Forte (all sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Brand reputation and product reviews. [ Boyce Nov 17, 2017 ]