Philips Hue Beyond Ceiling Light
On-ceiling white and color ambiance light
Our take on the Philips Hue Beyond Ceiling Light by Crutchfield's Emily S.
The right light for work and fun
This modern glass and metal ceiling light is part of Hue's Beyond series — light fixtures with integrated bulbs designed to provide the perfect blend of functional and mood lighting. Each of the two built-in light sources can be independently controlled to create a near endless mix of colors and white light.
So go ahead — add a splash of color to your white task lighting to make finishing the job more fun. Or throw on some purple and teal for your 90s dance party. With 16 million color options, you are sure to find just the right shade for every mood (or nostalgic whim).
Control it all with the app
The Philips Hue mobile app makes it easy to select the color and brightness of each light, right from the palm of your hand. You can also set timers and create routines. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home. Hue Sync, a companion desktop app, even lets you synchronize your lights to the movies, music, and games you play on your computer.
Or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Beyond pendant works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Expand your Hue system
Controlling your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a dimmer or a Tap. The motion sensor will make your smart home even more automated. And if you love the convenience of the all-in-one "Beyond" series, check out the table lamp and the pendant light.
The Beyond ceiling light requires a Philips Hue bridge connected to the internet.
- requires Philips Hue Wireless bridge
- uplights and downlights are individually adjustable
- combines scene-setting mood lighting and white task lighting
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- must be hardwired and mounted to ceiling
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from preset light recipes: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- create and edit scenes
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- 1,200 lumens max. brightness
- rated for approximately 15,000 hours of use
- LEDs are built into fixture so they are not replaceable
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 17-3/4"W x 8-1/4"H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 9.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee