SiriusXM SXDV3 Car Kit
Listen to your SiriusXM Dock & Play tuner while you drive (subscription sold separately by SiriusXM)
Our take on the SiriusXM SXDV3 Car Kit by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Enjoy the drive with SiriusXM
This vehicle kit includes everything you need to liven up your daily drive with SiriusXM satellite radio programming. The SXDV3 Car Kit lets you enjoy all your favorite programs from the comfort of your driver's seat, using your SiriusXM Dock & Play radio and a compatible receiver.
The package includes a docking station, dash-mount bracket, DC power supply/FM transmission antenna (cigarette lighter adapter), and a magnetic antenna, so you'll have everything you need to enjoy SiriusXM programming in your car.
This kit is compatible with most SiriusXM, Sirius, and XM Dock & Play satellite radios, which are sold separately.
- car accessory kit for select Dock & Play radios
- vehicle docking station
- dash-mount bracket
- roof-mount magnetic antenna
- cigarette lighter adapter
- aux-in cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Vehicle dock (SXVD1)
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter with attached 55" DC cord (SXDPIP1)
- SiriusXM Magnetic vehicle antenna w/ attached 22.75' cord terminated by a single SMB connector (NGVA1)
- 2 Dock adapters
- 4' Stereo minijack cable
- Vent mount bracket (3 pieces)
- Dash mount
- 3 Alcohol Prep Pads
- Four M4 machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "SiriusXM Listener Care" information
- "Safety and Care Information" Card
Nice addition for second car sharing SiriusXM radio.
Joseph, Meridianville AL
SiriusXM SXDV3 Car Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
SiriusXM Vehicle Kit (SXDV3): The XM Dock & Play PowerConnect Second Vehicle Kit (SXDV3) allows you to install select SiriusXM, XM, or Sirius Satellite Radio dock & play tuners in your vehicle.
Note: In addition to the dock & play tuner, a subscription to SiriusXM, XM, or Sirius Satellite Radio is also required.
Compatibility: The SXDV3 Vehicle Kit is compatible with SiriusXM, XM, and Sirius dock & play radios (all sold separately) working on either the XM or Sirius network. The SXDH3 includes two dock adapters to accommodate a variety SiriusXM, XM, and Sirius radios. Compatible dock & play radios include -
- SiriusXM Radios: Onyx Plus, Edge
- XM Radios: Onyz EZ, Onyx, ExpressRCi, XpressRC, XpressR
- Sirius Radios: Stratus 7/6/5, Sportster 5, Starmate 8/5/4/3
Vehicle Dock: The SiriusXM Vehicle Kit includes a docking cradle to connect your compatible Satellite Radio tuner in the vehicle. The vehicle dock features color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
- PowerConnect: The SiriusXM Vehicle Kit comes supplied with a PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter which allows your Satellite Radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash head unit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your head unit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (Motorola) and the SXDV3 vehicle dock's FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the signal of the PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The SiriusXM Vehicle Kit unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting: The mounting location of the SXDV3 should be easily accessible for controlling your docked XM receiver and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The SiriusXM Vehicle Kit comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The SXDV3 includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent Mount: The SXDV3 also includes a vent mount bracket, so the unit can be mounted to your air conditioning vent.
Note: When mounting the SXDV3 in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
- Cradle Dock:
- Width = 4.1875"
- Height = 1.8125"
- Depth = 1.125"
- Magnetic Antenna:
- Width = 1.5625"
- Height = 0.625"
- Depth = 1.8125"
- Cable Length = 22.75'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I PURCHASED THE XM ONYX PLUS RADIO TO UPGRADE MY OLD ROADY XT SYSTEM, HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE TRYING TO TUNE IT IN FOR A CLEAR SIGNAL, WILL TRY A NEW CAR KIT TO SEE IF THAT WORKS... [ DARYL Jul 02, 2018 ]
The kit allows me to take SiriusXm from house to car without the extra expense of a second subscription. [ Ralph J. Feb 21, 2018 ]
So I can use the receiver in my vehicle [ Bill Sep 17, 2017 ]
I had one in my work truck. Got a new work truck and needed a new dock [ Jacob Aug 19, 2017 ]
Wires wore out after five years of bouncing around on my pickup seat. [ Arnold May 14, 2017 ]
Had the Dock & Play unit but needed the car kit. I trust Crutchfield so ordered it from them. [ LetItSnow Mar 27, 2017 ]
Had a head unit in another car. Will transfer. [ Andy Mar 25, 2017 ]
out of necessity ,i chose thit kit .crutchfield was my final choice after shopping around .due to their track record i was confident that these accessories would work hence my decision. [ leslie Mar 16, 2017 ]
so I can have xm radio in another vehicle [ gary Jan 01, 2017 ]
To use in my boat as well as the car [ Glenn May 06, 2016 ]
larry suggested it to go with my home kit plus it matched my research Larry's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=159 [ leander Feb 13, 2016 ]
Ease of installation and features. [ James Dec 12, 2015 ]
Allows us to use our satellite radio in all of vehicles that are all older models. Works great! [ Brent Dec 11, 2015 ]
2 questions already asked
Would contact series about the base matching the radio.I bought the kit installed it.I had no power, I had Sirius send a new signal, the radio was not acceptin the signal. My fix was to buy a new radio head. Be careful and don't waste money. [ DAVID R Mar 20, 2016 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: This will work through an Auxiliary port if you have one, but if you don't you can also use it as an FM transmitter. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jan 07, 2015 ] Staff