Compact powered subwoofer
Item # 105CSBB2 | MFR # CSBB2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JVC CS-BB2 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Craving bass but strapped for space? Put JVC's CS-BB2 compact powered subwoofer to work in your car. This self-contained bass solution will do wonders for your sonic experience even when you've got little room to spare.
The slim silver and black cabinet houses a 6" subwoofer and a conservatively-rated 32 watts RMS x 2 amplifier. The cabinet measures in at a mere 2-1/2" high, making it ideal for mounting under a car seat, or on the back wall of a pickup truck cab. A low-pass filter tailors the bass output to enhance your music, while the included wired volume control gives you fingertip control of the bass volume.
Speaker- and preamp-level inputs allow you to hook the CS-BB2 to almost any car system. A power and connection harness is included.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 6" dual voice coil woofer
- 32 watts RMS x 2 amplifier
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier section
- wired volume control with 9.8' cable
- low-pass crossover (110 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- phase control
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 9.8' power cable with 10-amp inline fuse included
- dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 6" Powered Subwoofer
- 9' nine-pin power and signal harness
- Remote volume control with attached 9' cord and male mini-jack end
- Four 0.8125" x 1.6875" metal brackets
- Four 0.75" mounting screws
- Four 0.75" self tapping screws
- 3'' Zip-tie
- Two 1'' x 1'' pieces of velcro
- One 2'' x 0.5" two sided adhesive strip
- Red crimp connector
- Instructions manual (english)
- Instructions manual (spanish)
- Warranty card
- Product registration card
- JVC "Is Here to Help!" sheet
I just needed bass to complete the sound, and this little sub did the trick. I installed it under the passenger seat of my 1999 Toyota Tacoma and it will produce more bass than needed. Well worth the money and time spent installing.
Steve, Eldorado, IL
JVC CS-BB2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||32 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||120 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||2 ohms|
|Crossover Point||110 Hz|
Overview: The JVC CS-BB2 is a compact Powered 6" woofer that can be easily installed under the driver or passenger seat of a variety of vehicles. It is so small you can even install it under many powered seats. It makes a perfect fit for pick-up trucks, convertibles, cargo vehicles and family vehicles that cannot give up trunk space.
Driver: The CS-BB2 uses a 6" dual voice coil woofer to add better bass response to your vehicle that has limited room for adding a subwoofer or amplifier.
Amplifier: The CS-BB2 uses a 32 watt RMS x 2 channel amplifier to give you clear, accurate bass response from the enclosed 6'' woofer.
Enclosure: The amplifier and woofer are housed in a small enclosure that only measures 2.5" tall which makes it very versatile and easy to use even in the most compact of vehicles.
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote control allows you to turn the CS-BB2 subwoofer's output off and on. The wired remote also allows you to adjust the subwoofer output level so you can dial in more bass when you need it.
Note: Do not place the remote controller where it will be exposed to direct sunlight. When using the wired remote, deactivate all sound adjustment functions except volume level; otherwise, the sound may be distorted.
L.P.F. (Low Pass Filter) Switch: You can turn the low pass filter off if your receiver is equipped with a built in low pass filter output.
L.P.F/"ON": 20 Hz to 200 Hz
L.P.F/"OFF": 20 Hz to 500 Hz
Phase Switch: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer to match the existing speakers in your vehicle. Switch to the position that gives you the best sound.
Speaker Level In: The unit has speaker level inputs so you can hook the CS-BB2 to your factory radio without any additional adaptors.
- Line In: stereo RCA jacks to hook up to your aftermarket deck that has pre-amp outputs
- Speaker/Power In: 9-pin jack for use with supplied speaker/power input harness
- Cont. (Control): female mini-jack input for the wired remote control unit
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.