Dyson V8 Absolute
High-performance cord-free handheld and stick vacuum cleaner
Dyson V8 Absolute - The soft roller cleaner head removes large debris and fine dust at the same time
From Dyson: V8 Absolute Vacuum
Our take on the Dyson V8 Absolute by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
A cordless vacuum that takes on almost any job
Dyson has a well-earned reputation for creating powerful, high-quality vacuum cleaners that perform remarkably well. So when we picked up their diverse line of products, I was intrigued. And when I took the V8 Absolute home and put it through its paces, I was really impressed. Simply put, this cordless vacuum is incredible.
Yes, it's worth the money
I'll admit, I never thought I would consider spending this much money on a vacuum cleaner. But then I put the V8 into use in one of our bedrooms — a room that we keep pretty clean. It doesn't get much foot traffic, and it has an area rug that gets vacuumed regularly. I made some cursory passes with the V8, curious to see if anything would come up. I didn't expect to see much of anything.
To my astonishment, the V8's empty canister quickly filled with dog hair, dust, dirt, and who knows what else. I was floored by how dirty my "clean" carpet actually was. It showed me just how important a high-quality vacuum is to the health of one's home. I now sleep better knowing those allergens and other respiratory nuisances are now gone.
The Dyson V8 comes with a quick-release head that's ideal for hardwood floors (and another that works wonders on carpets).
Lightweight and cordless? Yes please!
Here's the really cool part about the V8: it runs on a rechargeable battery. I didn't have to constantly avoid tripping over a long cord like I do with my regular vac, or struggle to find an open power outlet. I carried the V8 from room to room, practically daring dust and dog hair to appear so I could suck them up with delight.
I found the V8 light enough to easily operate with one hand. I made my way through my house, pausing only to dump the storage canister.
Great for the home and the car
The V8 functions as both a stick vacuum and a handheld portable unit. Because it's totally cord-free, it's an awesome car vacuum. It made short work of the dirt and pet hair on and under the seats of my car.
The V8 is also nice for the hard-to-reach areas above window sills and underneath furniture. The included docking station mounts to the wall for convenient charging and storage.
- high-performance rechargeable handheld/stick combo vacuum cleaner
- the wand easily detaches, turning it into a handheld portable unit
- deep cleans carpets, hardwood floors, and upholstered furniture
- cord-free design makes moving from room to room easy
- includes four quick-release attachments for a variety of cleaning options:
- soft dusting brush, mini motorized tool, combination tool, and crevice tool
- built-in HEPA filtration captures allergens
- built-in lithium-ion battery delivers up to 40 minutes of power (up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tool attached)
- selectable "max mode" provides up to 7 minutes of ultra-strong suction for more difficult tasks
- quickly converts to a handheld vacuum for quick clean-ups or use in the car
- includes a wall-mount for easy storage and charging
- suction power: max 115AW
- bin volume: .14 gallons
- dimensions: 49"W x 9-13/16"H x 8-13/16"D
- weight: 5.75 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- V8 Absolute cordless vacuum head
- Charging dock
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 2")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 26.10V 780mA)
- Soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head
- Soft dusting brush
- Quick-release mini motorized tool
- Quick-release combination tool
- Quick-release crevice tool
- Operating Manual (Eng/Span)
- The Story of Dyson
- Dock installation instructions
So far the Dyson V8 Absolute works great
Anonymous, Accokeek, MD
Dyson V8 Absolute Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Dyson V8 Absolute is a cordless vacuum cleaner with the most powerful suction (115 air watts), compared to other cordless models. It is powered by the Dyson digital motor V8, and comes with two floor heads, a mini-motorized tool, and three other attachments. You can easily switch from a floor unit to a hand-held in seconds. The V8 Absolute weighs only 5.75 pounds, and is powered by a 21.6 volt rechargeable battery. A wall-mounted charging dock is included.
2 Tier Radial Cyclone Technology: The V8 Absolute uses Dyson's patented cyclone technology in which powerful centrifugal forces spin dust and dirt out of the air and into the bin. A total of 15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust.
HEPA Filtration System: The built-in HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. Allergens and dust particles are trapped in the filter, making the air that leaves the machine cleaner than the air you breathe. The unit is equipped with two washable filters.
Battery: The V8 Absolute cord-free vacuum is powered by a new 21.6 volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. A fully-charged battery delivers up to 40 minutes of fade-free suction, up to 30 minutes with the mini-motorized tool, and up to 25 minutes with a motorized floor tool attached. When switched to Max Mode (see below), the battery life is reduced to 7 minutes. Three LEDs on the unit indicate the level of battery charge, or if there is a fault with the battery or charger.
Docking Station: The V8 Absolute features a convenient wall-mountable docking station for storing and charging the machine. When the unit is docked, a fully-exhausted battery charges in approximately 5 hours. If you choose not to use the dock, you can plug the battery charger directly into the back of the unit.
Operating Modes: There are two operating modes: Powerful Suction and Max Power Mode. The Powerful Suction mode should be used for general cleaning and for extended battery life. For more difficult tasks, you can slide the top-mounted switch to Max Power mode for up to 7 minutes of higher suction.
Dirt Ejector: The unit has a clear dirt bin with a volume of 0.14 gallons (1.12 pints). When the debris in the bin reaches the MAX level, it can be easily emptied in a single motion. Pulling up the top-mounted red lever pulls up the motor and releases the door, allowing the dirt to be ejected through the bottom of the bin. After emptying, the motor and the door click back into place.
Attachments: The Dyson V8 Absolute can be used as a hand-held unit, or for floor-to-ceiling cleaning with the 27" wand. The following attachments are included:
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head: The Soft Roller cleaner head is designed for hard floors. It has a full-width (8-3/4") roller of soft woven nylon with rows of anti-static carbon fiber filaments for picking up large debris as well as fine dust. The head is approximately 2-1/2" high for better clearance under furniture.
- Direct Drive Cleaner Head: The Direct Drive cleaner head is designed for carpets. The stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt from carpets, while the carbon fiber filaments remove fine dust from hard floors. The direct-drive cleaner head drives the bristles deep into the carpet for better results. The bristles cover the full width (8-3/4") for edge-to-edge cleaning. The head is only 2-5/8" high which gives good clearance under furniture.
- Quick-release Mini Motorized Tool: The Mini-motorized tool is ideal for removing pet hair and other debris from small areas and fabrics (chairs, sofas, upholstery). The powered mini-roller is 4-3/4" wide, and is equipped with carbon fiber bristles.
- Quick-release Combination Tool: The non-powered Combination Tool is ideal for quick cleanups. It has a 2" x 1" nozzle with long bristles you can slide and lock into place when needed. The nozzle and bristles are at a 45° angle for better coverage. This tool works well for cleaning up high.
- Quick-release Crevice Tool: The non-powered Crevice Tool allows you to get into narrow areas. The nozzle is 9-3/4" in overall length, with the last 7" narrowing down to 11/16" wide.
- Soft Dusting Brush: The Soft Dusting Brush features soft 1" bristles that are angled for wider coverage. This attachment is ideal for cleaning delicate electronics such as computer keyboards or TV screens, or dusting fine furniture.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Based on professional/user reviews and product description, this item seemed best suited to my particular wants and needs. [ david May 14, 2018 ]
because I'm a fan of this brand. Nice vacuums [ Brittany Apr 12, 2018 ]
Great price [ RONALD G Mar 03, 2018 ]
Have been looking for a small light weight vacuum for the stairs and rugs in the house. We have mainly hardwood and tile surfaces and consumersreoprt had this top rated. [ Brian Jan 24, 2018 ]
Online research of reviews and customer reviews have indicated that this relatively costly item is worth the extra expense compared to purchasing a run-of-mill $200-$300 alternative brand and/or model. [ RENE Jan 17, 2018 ]
ease of use [ Sergio Oct 11, 2017 ]