Jaybird Freedom 2
In-ear Bluetooth® wireless sports headphones (Gold)
Our take on the Jaybird Freedom 2 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The Jaybird Freedom 2 Bluetooth headphones feature extra-small ear tips that stay in place.
Compact earbuds to keep you running
Jaybird headphones are a major hit with both our customers and employees. That's because they simply know what we all crave in a pair of workout 'phones. Makes sense — their earbuds are designed by a group of runners, cyclists, and snowboarders. These sweat-proof Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless headphones sport streamlined ear tips that fit snugly and comfortably.
The company's signature ear "fins" keep them secure during grueling workouts. Music plays wirelessly via Bluetooth and you can route the connecting cord above or below your ears — everything is designed to stay out of the way while you move.
Hard-hitting sound you can customize
These earbuds are tuned to deliver a energetic sound profile that keeps you motivated. That means you get the punchy, powerful bass that makes Jaybird such a popular choice among the runners and gym crowd here at Crutchfield.
And if you want to tweak their signature sound a bit, Jaybird's MySound app is available for download on Apple® or Android™ devices. You can adjust the EQ and customize the sound using the app.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- extra-small and lightweight earbuds
- ear "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- designed to fit comfortably while wearing a bike helmet
- 6mm dynamic drivers tuned to deliver high-energy sound with big bass
Designed and Built by Runners:
- sweat-proof and weather-resistant design
- double hydrophobic nano protective coating
- cord routing system helps secure the earbuds while you exercise
- cord can wrap behind the ear or below it
- free MySound app for Apple and Android lets you adjust settings and customize the sound using your phone
Battery Life and Controls:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 4 hours of listening
- Quick Charge feature offers an hour of music listening on a 20-minute charge
- included "charging clip" provides an extra 4 hours of listening on a full charge
- back-up battery pack recharges via included USB cable
- compact size and lightweight
- three-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls or voice commands with a smartphone
Accessories and Specs:
- includes 4 sizes of sports ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- compact design with ear fins
- pocket-sized carrying case
- USB charging cradle included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 16 ohms
- weight: .53 ounces (without fins and tips)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear Bluetooth headphones (gold) with attached 17" connecting cable
- 4 Pairs of finned ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Charge clip
- 4" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Shirt clip
- Neoprene storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safe Listening document
Outstanding product. The sound is incredible and the bass is superb. The app lets you adjust it even more to your liking. And once you get it adjusted to your head correctly and properly, you can't even feel that it's there.
Anonymous, Alexandria, VA
Jaybird Freedom 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.92" x 0.88"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Jaybird Freedom 2 in-ear wireless sport headphones are designed to withstand the rigors of your workout. Not only are the headphones waterproof and sweat-proof, but they will stay in place, no matter what your level of activity. The Freedom 2 comes with four pairs of silicone finned ear tips, a charging clip, and a shirt clip. Your headphones and accessories can be stored in the supplied water-resistant neoprene pouch.
Ear Tips: The Jaybird Freedom 2 in-ear headphones come with four pairs of ear tips with integrated fins that help keep the ear buds securely in your ears. There are four sizes of finned ear tips, numbered from smallest (#1) to largest (#4). The medium (#2) size tips are installed on the ear buds out of the box. The ear tips should be twisted when inserted so that the fins tuck in under the fold of your outer ear.
Over/Under Ear: The Freedom 2s can be worn in different ways depending upon your intended use. If you wear them during rigorous sports, running, or biking, it is recommended that you choose the over-ear sport fit for a more secure fit. If using the Freedom 2s for casual listening, the under-ear casual fit is recommended.
Cable Management: The Freedom 2s have a connecting cable that runs between the ear buds. The included SpeedFit cord clips make it easy to take up the slack in the cable. Pulling the SpeedFit cord clips apart will shorten the cord (recommended with the over-ear sport fit). Pulling the cord from the ends will lengthen the cord (recommended for the under-ear casual fit). The included shirt clip lets you attach the cord to the collar of your shirt for even more security.
Bluetooth: The Freedom 2s are equipped with Bluetooth version 4.1, allowing you to listen to music or take phone calls wirelessly from your smartphone. You can also pair it to your smartwatch (if it supports at least Bluetooth 2.1). The headphones have an effective range of 33 feet, with an optimal range of 2 feet. The Freedom 2s are compatible with the following profiles: Handsfree, Headset, A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP. Some advanced Bluetooth features include:
- Multipoint: Multipoint allows you to be connected to two devices simultaneously. While you are paired to your laptop and listening to music, you can accept a phone call on your paired cellphone. The Freedom 2 will remember up to 8 paired Bluetooth devices, and can be actively connected to two of them at a time.
- Share Me: The Share Me feature allows you to share the music you're listening to with another pair of Freedom 2 headphones.
MySound App: The Jaybird MySound app, available from the App Store and Google Play, lets you customize your EQ settings to your listening tastes. You can sample the EQ presets of numerous athletes and artists, and download the ones you like to your headphones. You can even create your own sound profile and save it to your Freedom 2s or share it with others. The app will accurately display your headphones' battery status as a percentage (to within 1%). The MySound app is compatible with Android devices running OS 4.4 and up, and with iPhones and iPads with iOS 9.0 or later.
Battery: The Jaybird Freedom 2 is powered by a 3.7-volt, 60 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. To charge the battery, you'll need to attach the included Charging Clip to the headphones' in-line controller, then attach the USB charging cable to the clip. The battery charges in approximately 2.5 hours (5V 500mA power source recommended). The Charging Clip has an internal battery (125 mAh) that gives you extra playback time. A fully charged battery in the headphones provides approximately 4 hours of playback time. Standby Time is approximately 110 hours. Attach the Charging Clip for an additional 4 hours. The Quick Charge feature will provide 1 hour of headphone playback time, plus 1 hour of play time with the Charging Clip, after a 20 minute charge.
In-line Remote/Microphone: The headphones have an in-line 3-button remote control for power, Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and phone calls. The remote includes an integrated omnidirectional microphone for phone calls and voice assistance.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 16 Ω
- Driver Sensitivity: 96 dB (+/- 3dB at 1 mW/1 kHz)
- Output: 5mW nominal, 10mW max
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <3% (1 kHz/1mW)
- Driver Size: 6mm
- Dimensions: Ear Bud width 0.92", height 0.88", depth 0.892"
- Weight: 0.6 ounces (with ear tips), 0.53 ounces (w/o ear tips)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.