Active 6-1/2" in-ceiling master speaker with IP-addressable PoE networking
Our take on the SoundTube IPD4-CM62-BGM by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
An active in-ceiling master speaker
The SoundTube IPD4-CM62-BGM looks like a standard in-ceiling speaker, but it has some cool tricks up its sleeve. This speaker receives power, signal, and control data from the SoundTube STNet Switch (sold separately) via an Ethernet cable. And it has wire terminal outputs, so it can serve as the master speaker in a zone by passing power and signal to three additional passive speakers.
It sounds great, too, thanks to a 6-1/2" poly woofer, a 1" silk dome tweeter, and a steel back enclosure with a tuned port for extended bass response.
The benefits of PoE (Power-over-Ethernet)
This speaker works as part of a SoundTube Dante™ system, which distributes uncompressed digital sound over inexpensive Ethernet cable. The STNet Switch delivers 40 watts of power via a CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable. SoundTube software lets you configure and equalize multiple speakers, assign them to zones, and receive instant troubleshooting feedback.
Get a free system design
- 6-1/2" poly woofer with butyl rubber surround and 1" silk dome tweeter
- IP-addressable, self-powered (PoE) speaker
- wire terminals pass power and signal to up to three additional speakers
- BroadBeam Ring™ technology for wide off-axis performance
- 91° horizontal coverage area
- drawn steel back enclosure with tuned port for extended bass response
- power handling: accepts 40 watts continuous program power from STNet Switch (sold separately)
- frequency response: 54-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- maximum SPL: 95 dB
- tile bridge, conduit clamp, and paint shield included
- painted steel grille
- fixed-wing mounting arms make installation easier
- cutout diameter: 9-11/16"
- depth: 5-3/4"
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||---|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|