Dual-band Wi-Fi® router (R6400)
Our take on the NETGEAR AC1750 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The NETGEAR AC1750 dual-band router provides high-speed wired and wireless connectivity.
Fast, reliable Wi-Fi® with all the trimmings
When I buy a new router, I want fast Wi-Fi that doesn't lag or drop out. The NETGEAR R6400 has three external antennas with powerful amplifiers that can broadcast a strong dual-band wireless signal throughout even a large home. It's also packed with advanced features that help you direct signal where it's needed most, protect your data, and share content with friends and family.
Put your USB drive to work
Plug a USB hard drive into this router and you'll immediately have NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. Wherever you are, you'll be able to access your connected USB storage device, so you can keep large files like photos and videos at home, then see and share them when you're out and about without taking up precious space on your mobile device. The router can also perform regularly scheduled backups to the connected drive, so your important data stays current and safe.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. If you have young ones in the house, use the router's parental controls to filter out content you don't want them to see. If you travel for work, or work from home on occasion, the R6400 offers a strong, secure VPN connection as well.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Just plug in the necessary cables, then use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to connect your Wi-Fi quickly. The NETGEAR Nighthawk app helps with setup, and lets you monitor, control and troubleshoot your network from a convenient personal dashboard.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous dual band operation (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
- high-powered amplifiers with 3 external antennas provide wireless coverage for large properties
- AC1750 Wi-Fi (450+1300 Mbps)
- up to 450 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- powerful 1GHz dual-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- advanced upstream and downstream QoS (quality of service)
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- DLNA compliant for easy content sharing
- Nighthawk® app helps you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your home network
- 128 MB flash and 256 MB RAM internal memory
- bandwidth can be prioritized for online gaming, streaming videos, or high-res music
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- Airtime fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access allows secure remote cloud access to USB storage
- ReadySHARE Printer lets you wirelessly access and share a USB printer
- five 10/100/1000 (4 LAN and 1 WAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- one USB 3.0 port
- one USB 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- ReadySHARE Vault software for automatic PC backup to a connected USB hard drive
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 1.58 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee