SRX800 Series 15" 3-way powered PA speaker — 2,000W peak
Item # 855SRX835P | MFR # SRX835P
$1,599.99 each Earn up to 1,600 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the JBL SRX835P by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Tough road warrior
SRX835P with grille removed
JBL's SRX835P 3-way powered PA speaker will blow your audiences away, playing loudly and clearly in any kind of venue — nightclub, church, or auditorium. This speaker's built to last, featuring tough plywood covered with JBL's patented DuraFlex coating that'll resist those inevitable bumps and drops encountered on the road.
The onboard Crown amplifiers deliver up to 1500 watts RMS for sound pressure levels up to 137 dB, so everyone can hear the performance. A 2-channel mixer lets you connect to different sources and control the signal levels going into and out of the speaker. Direct outputs allow you to hook up a SRX835P into larger systems with no need for extra Y-cords or a mixer.
Digital signal processing
You control your SRX835P via JBL's onboard Sharc DSP processor, which includes equalizers, delay, signal generators, and 50 user presets. You can even find settings that help integrate your SRX835 into some of JBL's large array speaker systems. You control everything using the LCD screen, and you can gain even more control by network connection to your Mac or PC or by devices running JBL's stand-alone apps for iOS and Android.
3-way Powered PA Speaker:
- JBL 2275F Differential Drive® 15" woofer
- JBL 2107H midrange driver
- JBL 2432H high-frequency compression driver with 3" voice coil
- Crown DriveCore amplification: 1500 watts RMS (2000 peak)
- maximum output level: 137 dB SPL
- frequency range: 33-21,000 Hz
- nominal coverage: 90-degrees horizontal, 60-degrees vertical
- 2-channel mixer with master and individual channel level controls
- XLR/1/4" TRS combo balanced inputs
- XLR outputs for connecting other devices (channel 1, 2, or mix)
- digital signal processing (JBL Sharc DSP) with LCD screen
- 20 parametric equalizers (PEQ)
- up to 2 seconds of delay
- 50 user presets
- signal generator: pink noise, white noise, and sine waves
- LevelMax™ limiting
- HiQnet Network control via Ethernet connection and iOS and Android apps
- 18 mm poplar plywood construction with DuraFlex coating
- 14-gauge steel grille
- standard 35 mm cup for pole-mounting the speaker
- M10 suspension points for flying the speaker
- dimensions: 38-3/4"H x 21-7/16"W x 18-3/4"D
- weight: 85 lb
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered speaker
- IEC power cable
- Quick Start Guide
Amazing class leading power, clairty and detail, perfect speaker for any DJ or small club business setting, wireless ip controls Eq settings from your IPad or device, JBL nailed this speaker perfectly, no cons.
Six Group, San Diego, Ca
JBL SRX835P Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||41-20k|
|RMS Power rating||1500|
|Program Power rating||0|
|Peak Power rating||2000|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR/1/4" (2)|
Powered speaker System: The SRX835P is a powered portable speaker in the SRX800 series from JBL Professional. It has been designed to deliver class leading performance in a variety of applications including small and medium sized installations and tours.
3-Way Speaker Design: The JBL SRX835P powered speaker utilizes a 3-way driver design that delivers very high power levels and smooth, crystal clear sound.
- Tweeter: The SRX835P features premium JBL Transducers. High frequencies are handled by an annular polymer diaphragm compression driver that features a best in class 3" voice coil coupled to a 1.5" throat opening. Using a neodymium magnet, the compression driver is lightweight, efficient, and extremely powerful. This delivers very high power levels with reduced distortion and increased phase coherence resulting in smooth, crystal clear high frequencies.
- Midrange: The SRX835's midrange driver is derived from the midrange transducer on the VTX 20 touring line array system. The outside cast aluminum frame acts as the structural support, acoustic cavity, and heat sink for the driver, optimizing both space in the speaker cabinet
- Woofer: For Low Frequencies, the SRX835P uses a 15" woofer with JBL's patented Differential Drive Technology for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency. 3" voice coils and dual ferrite drivers deliver exceptionally low distortion and extended low frequency response
2000W Class D Amplifier: The SRX835P is powered by Crown proprietary front-end DriveCore technology featuring a massive 2000W (Peak) Power Rating. With a remarkable 103dB signal-to-noise ratio, the SRX800 series powered speaker is capable of massive sound pressure levels with exceptional headroom, very low distortion and absolute clarity throughout its frequency range.
Rugged Cabinetry: The JBL SRX835P features a lightweight poplar plywood cabinet made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. The rugged cabinet also features a powder coated, 14AWG perforated steel grille with acoustically transparent black cloth backing.
Premium DSP Technology: The SRX835P features a full suite of onboard user configurable DSP including 20 PEQ's, 2 seconds of delay, signal generators, input mixing, amplifier monitoring, and 50 slots for recallable presets, including 6 JBL-engineered application presets. In addition, the system is compatible with V5 JBL Tunings, and features 96kHz FIR Filters, and LevelMax Limiting providing compatibility with our flagship Vertec and VTX touring systems.
Inputs & Outputs: The JBL SRX835P is fitted with two XLR-1/4" combination inputs (CH 1/CH 2) and two XLR outputs (CH 1/CH 2), plus an XLR Mix out.
- CH 1/Ch 2 Inputs: These balanced input accepts a standard XLR (female) connector and also a 1/4" TRS phone plug. A broad range of signals from microphones, audio mixing consoles and electronic musical instruments may be connected here.
- CH1/Ch 2 Outputs: These outputs accept a balanced XLR connector and pass signals directly from the input to the output, bypassing DSP for zero latency. This connector provides a full-range signal which can be daisy chained to another speaker.
- Mix Out: This XLR output connector provides a method of sending audio out to an external source. Passes signal based on the input levels of channels 1 and 2 post DSP, adding some latency (approx. 2 milliseconds) to the signal.
Network Connectivity: With full HiQnet Network Integration, configuring an SRX800 series system is dramatically simplified, saving time while fully automating the control interface configuration. Simple wired control is provided via Ethercon connector and third party wireless router capability is included. Control options include Audio Architect, HiQnet Motion Control iOS app, and standalone applications for iOS and Android.
Controllers: The JBL SRX835P can be setup and controlled through the SRX Connect App for Apple iOS and Android devices, as well as the Audio Architect software program for Windows and Mac.
- SRX Connect App: Basic setup and control over the system is provided through the SRX Control App, available for Apple iOS (7.0+) devices and android smartphones/tablets (coming soon).
- Audio Architect: For more advanced configurations, users can setup and control the system using Audio Architect for Windows PC (Vista/7/8.1). Audio Architect provides incredible flexibility with the same components scaling from an 80,000 seat stadium down to a small performing arts center. Here it seamlessly continues to act as the vehicle for artistic expression by delivering the highest quality sound reproduction and enabling the artists to convey a dazzling performance.
LCD Screen: The powered speaker's rear-panel LCD gives you access to presets and basic controls for the system without a network connection. The LCD screen is controlled from the rotary encoder and back button.
LED Indicators: The JBL SRX835P features 3 LEDs to indicate operation status.
- Power LED: This LED (Green) lights to indicate that the speaker is plugged in and switched On.
- Link LED: This LED lights to indicate that the speaker is connected to a network.
- Data LED: This LED blinks to indicate that data is being sent and receive by the system.
Mounting Options: The JBL SRX835P powered speaker incorporates M10 suspension points and a standard 35mm pole cup.
Carry Handles: Ergonomically designed handles support an easy, non-fatiguing grip for streamlined handling.
Applications: The JBL SRX835P is great for live performances, mobile and fixed DJ systems, and permanent installations.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
For more personalized assistance regarding the JBL SRX835P speakers, please contact a Pro Audio Advisor directly by phone (800.555.9369) or online chat. They can help answer all your questions in more detail. Thanks! :) [ Larry Jun 11, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
SRX800 Series 15" 3-way powered PA speaker — 2,000W peak
12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 2,000W peak
15" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,100W peak
15" 3-way powered PA speaker with Wi-Fi control — 1,500W peak$1,099.99 each$100.00 Instant Savings$1,199.99