Sonos Play:5 (2-pack)
2 wireless streaming multi-room speakers (Black)
Our take on the Sonos Play:5 (2-pack) by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Enjoy rich, room-filling sound with a Play:5 speaker.
Your multi-room audio system starts here
Ready to get your favorite music playing throughout your home? This Sonos Play:5 two-pack is a great way to start, especially for larger rooms.
Play:5 speakers are ideal for spaces with vaulted ceilings, open kitchen/family room combinations, and other big rooms. Place the speakers in different rooms and you can have both play the same song, or select different music on each. Place them in the same room and you can pair them together for rich, vibrant stereo sound.p>
Expand into any (or every) room
Sonos gives you lots of ways to expand your system throughout your home. You can add more Play:5 speakers, as well as smaller Play:3 or Play:1 speakers in every room where you want to listen to music. Add a Sonos One with built-in Amazon Alexa and control your system with voice commands.
Set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, connect any Sonos speaker directly to your router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Spotify®, Apple Music®, SiriusXM, and more at your fingertips
The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of streaming music services, including Pandora®, Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody®, TIDAL and more. You also have access to thousands of internet radio stations from around the world through TuneIn Radio, and terrestrial radio stations through iHeartRadio. If you subscribe to SiriusXM Internet Radio, you can tune into all your favorite programming on any Sonos player in your system. You can also enjoy songs stored on your home computers or portable devices.
The Sonos app gives you easy wireless control
You can use an iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, or Android™ device to control any and all Sonos players. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback through your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, great news. You can use your iOS® device to fine-tune the Play:5 with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound. Trueplay works with every Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5 speaker in your system. (Currently for iOS devices only.)
Using an Alexa voice control assistant with your Sonos system
The Sonos One has Amazon Alexa voice control built in. It lets you select songs from compatible music services using nothing but your voice. You can also control your Alexa-compatible smart home devices with it.
And for your Play:5 speakers? You can get those same cool voice control features by adding an Alexa-compatible voice control assistant and pairing it with your existing Sonos system via the Alexa mobile app. Alexa will "see" all the rooms that you have set up in your Sonos system, and you can control music playback in all of them, simply by talking to your Alexa device.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated May 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
Expand your Sonos system
You can have up to 32 Sonos music players in your system, and each one can play an independent selection of individual tracks or playlists. Listen to jazz in the den while your spouse plays rock music in the kitchen, or pump a single playlist of songs throughout the entire house during a party.
- two Sonos Play:5 speakers
- six built-in synchronized drivers
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- compatible with iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and Mac® computers
- compatible with Android™ smartphones, tablets, and Windows® PCs
- bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Truplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port
- minijack stereo input for connecting an MP3 player or other audio gear
- configure two Play:5 speakers for stereo playback or use them as rear channels with a Playbar and Sub for 5.1-channel surround sound
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- compatible with Windows® (XP or higher operating system)
- compatible with Mac® (OS X 10.4 or higher operating system)
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 14-5/16"W x 7-7/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed internet connection