16-channel video surveillance system with 2TB DVR and eight HD cameras
Our take on the Samsung SDH-C75083BFN by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Expandable HD surveillance system for a home or business
This system provides eight high-def, weather-resistant bullet cameras to help you keep tabs on your home or business. The included 16-channel DVR supports all of the included cameras, and includes enough inputs to double your coverage in the future. You'll have plenty of storage space for video, thanks to the 2TB surveillance-grade hard drive inside.
The included cameras are very effective in low light, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors that can see in the dark. The cameras also feature Samsung Super Dynamic Range, which helps lighten shadowed areas in your image without washing out the lighted parts. Wide-angle lenses offer a broad 105° angle of view.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
With the help of Samsung's free WiseView mobile app, you can view live video on your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone, so you can keep an eye on things even when you're at a meeting or out of town. Another free app, called Smart Viewer®, allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen.
- complete video surveillance kit with DVR and eight HD bullet cameras
- email notifications can be sent when motion or camera tampering is detected
- Samsung's free WiseView mobile app sends surveillance video to your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone
- Smart Viewer® app allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen
- privacy masking function lets you tailor your monitoring to exclude sensitive areas
- DVR supports eight included HD cameras and up to 8 more cameras (not included)
- 2TB surveillance-class hard drive for video storage
- separate administrator and work group password encryption
- mouse included
- 1 HDMI and 1 Ethernet cable included
- 11-1/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 8-11/16"D
Eight SDC-9443BCN Bullet Cameras:
- full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 1/2.7" 2-megapixel CMOS sensor
- clear infrared night imaging up to 130 feet away
- 105° wide-angle lens expands coverage without compromising quality
- Samsung Super Dynamic Range automatically lightens dark areas without altering brighter ones
- 60 feet of BNC cable included for each camera
- 2-3/4" diameter x 5-15/16" length
- weight: 11.5 oz. (each)
Connections and Warranty:
- 1 front and 1 rear USB port
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring (HDMI cable included)
- Ethernet port (cable included)
- RCA audio input and output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 16-Channel Digital Video Recorder (SDR-B75303N2T) with 2TB hard disk drive installed
- 8 Mini-bullet cameras (SDC-9443BCN) with attached 17" power/signal cable
- Eight 60' lengths of power/signal cable (DC barrel and BNC connectors on each end)
- 24 Self-tapping screws (20mm length)
- 24 Plastic wall anchors
- Eight 3mm Allen wrenches
- Optical mouse with 46" USB cable (Type A USB)
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Network cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 6' HDMI cable
- AC adapter with attached 48" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 2000mA)
- AC adapter with attached 47" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 3000mA)
- DC power adapter (1 in - 8 out) with 12" cable
- User Manuals and software on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Notification sheet
- Samsung Warranty Certificate
- Package Contents list
- Important Information on your Samsung Video Security System
Product is overall good. Cameras are clear and weatherproof. Biggest disappointment is the network capabilities: You have to use a webapp only compatible with Internet Explorer. Yes, Internet Explorer. Not Edge, or Chrome, or FireFox.
James, Lothian, MD
Samsung SDH-C75083BFN Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Samsung SDH-C75083 Full HD Video Security System includes a 16-channel DVR (digital video recorder) with a built-in 2 TB HDD (hard disk drive), and eight mini-bullet cameras. The DVR lets you simultaneously record video from up to 16 connected cameras. It has an HDMI port and a VGA port to let you monitor the system in real time. This system is ideal for use in home or retail settings.
2 TB Capacity: The SDR-V75303N2T DVR includes a built-in 2 TB SATA HDD (hard disk drive) that gives you thousands of hours of storage.
Operating System: The DVR has an embedded LINUX operating system to maintain stable operation.
Included Cameras: The DVR kit includes eight SDC-9443BC Full HD weatherproof mini-bullet cameras. The cameras feature IR LEDs for "night vision" in total darkness. The package also includes eight 60' lengths of cable (for power and video signal).
|Image Sensor||2M 1/2.9" Color CMOS with 1920 x 1080 resolution|
|Scanning System||Progressive, 30 fps (NTSC)|
|IR Range||130 feet|
|Minimum Illumination||0 Lux with IR LED on|
|Lens||4mm F2.1 lens with 72.2°H / 52.9°V / 94.3°D field of view|
|Weatherproof Rating||IP66 rated for dust, wind, and rain|
|Operating Temperature Range||+14°F to +122°F, less than 90% relative humidity|
|Dimensions||Width 2.394" Height 2.423" Length 5.633" (including the base)|
DVR: The component-style DVR lets you monitor and record video (at up to 120 fps) from up to 16 remotely-mounted cameras. Sixteen BNC video inputs are provided to plug in the cameras. The unit also has four audio inputs and one audio output for use with an optional microphone system. (The included cameras are not audio capable.) The system uses H.264 video encoding and G.711 audio encoding. You can simultaneously record to the hard disk, while playing back recorded video. The DVR comes with a full-featured wireless remote control. Dimensions: 11.82"W x 2.07"H x 8.85"D.
Recording Modes: You can record any or all cameras manually, triggered by an event, or create a recording schedule. Events include motion detection anywhere on the screen, or within a customizable window, video loss (caused by camera disconnection), or tampering (change of camera's framing direction, blocked lens, or other overall change of scenes from the video). You can set a recording schedule for a specific date and time with specific start and end times. With each recording, you can set the resolution, frame rate, and recording quality for each channel.
Live Monitoring: You can monitor all 16 connected cameras at the same time, or any of the cameras individually. Single camera monitoring can be done in sequence, or selected manually. The DVR has an HDMI port to connect it to a TV, and a VGA port for connecting to a computer monitor. Both HDMI and VGA monitor signals can be output simultaneously. The video outputs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (HD), or 960 x 480 (SD).
WiseView: The DVR supports real-time monitoring anytime from anywhere with the free Samsung WiseView application. WiseView is compatible with PCs and Macs, as well as Android (2.3 and up) and iOS (7.0 and later) smartphones and tablets.
Notifications: The system can send instant email notifications when motion is detected, or when cameras are tampered with. This allows you to respond instantly when unexpected events arise. When a camera is redirected, vandalized, or covered up, you are notified, and recording to the DVR automatically begins.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 zones per camera can be selected for privacy masking.
Pan Tilt Zoom: When PTZ-capable cameras are connected, you can set up each camera to pan and tilt up/down/left/right in a constant pattern, or when an alarm is triggered. You can also control the panning speed, zoom, focus, and iris. None of the included cameras are PTZ-capable.
Video Playback: When you are ready to play back recordings, you can search by time, type, or channel. Videos can be played back at normal speed, fast play, slow play, manual frame-by-frame playback, and reverse play. You can switch to the previous or next file, or any file in the current play list. If there are files from another channel recorded at the same time, you can immediately switch to that file. All channel synchronous real time playback is also available. In continuous play mode, the next file automatically plays when the current file ends.
Backup: The DVR allows you to backup your HDD to the PC where the program is currently running, or via the provided High Speed USB 2.0 port on the rear panel. You can use a flash drive, portable HDD, or a disk burner. The device should be formatted in FAT 32 format.
Connections: The DVR has the following connections:
- Front Panel: USB port (Type A) for connecting supplied optical mouse
- Rear Panel:
- Video Inputs: BNC x16
- Audio Inputs: RCA x4
- Audio Output: RCA x1
- VGA Output: Female DE-15
- HDMI: Full size
- LAN Port: RJ-45
- RS-485: +/- connection for controlling PTZ-compatible camera
- USB Port (Type A): High Speed USB 2.0 port for connecting mass storage hard disk backup
- Power Socket: DC 12V for supplied AC power adapter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Ability to add more cameras to the system. [ JAMES Sep 17, 2017 ]
4 questions already asked
Yes, as long as you don't want to monitor your cameras at another location with a iPad or iPhone etc.. [ LOWELL Mar 05, 2018 ]
Yes, the network feature is optional, albeit useful from remote. [ James Mar 05, 2018 ]
Yes [ lisa Mar 05, 2018 ]
The DVR is not backwards compatible with analog cameras. [ Ryan Feb 07, 2018 ] Staff
Do not know what BFN in the model number stands for, but it was brand new. [ Duane Oct 12, 2017 ]
Brand new, I assume the BFN is part of manufacture serial # . Haven't installed yet, fur to inclement weather here in Florida [ JAMES Sep 30, 2017 ]
These cameras are brand new and bfn is part of the model number. [ RAFAEL Sep 30, 2017 ]
Yes these are outdoor cameras. [ RAFAEL Aug 19, 2017 ]