Sony SEL2870 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 FE OSS
Standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Item # 158EL2870 | MFR # SEL2870
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sony SEL2870 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 FE OSS by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Specialized lens elements minimize distortion while providing excellent contrast, resolution, and color fidelity.
A great lens to take anywhere
Sony's 28-70mm zoom lens is an ideal everyday lens. It's compact and light enough to go with you anywhere, and its versatile focal length covers a wide range of uses. Capture sprawling landscapes at the wide end, and beautiful portraits at the long end. It's great for street photography and everyday snapshots too. Built-in image stabilization keeps your photos sharp and your videos steady.
- 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 28-70mm with full-frame sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- 42-105mm with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- minimum focus distance: 1'-1.48'
- minimum aperture: f/22 - f/36
- lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- 3 aspherical elements and 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) element for improved sharpness and clarity
- 7-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 55mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 3-3/8" long
- weight: 10.5 oz.
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens
- 55mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH132 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using
- Limited Warranty sheet
Optics: The Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS (SEL2870) standard zoom lens is compatible with the Sony α interchangeable lens cameras with the E-mount. It cannot be used on a camera with the Sony A-mount. The lens is recommended for use with full-frame cameras, but can be used on cameras with APS-C image sensors. (The lens has a 42-105mm equivalent focal length when used on APS-C cameras.) The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and the ALC-SH132 lens hood.
Focusing: There are three ways to focus the lens: Auto Focus, DMF (Direct Manual Focus), and Manual Focus.
Optical Steady Shot (OSS): The SEL2870 has built-in Optical Steady Shot (OSS) lens stabilization. When mounted to a compatible camera, Optical Steady Shot can compensate for camera shake to prevent blurred images, especially when zoomed in all the way, or in low light situations. Gyro sensors built into the lens can detect even the slightest movement and compensate for any image blur that might occur.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the bayonet-type ALC-SH1432 lens hood to prevent stray light from entering the lens causing lens flare. When installed, the lens hood adds about 1-1/4" to the overall length of the lens. When shooting with external flash, you should remove the lens hood to prevent shadows at the bottom of the picture.
|Lens||FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS|
|Focal Length (35mm)||28-70mm|
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 8 groups, including 3 aspherical elements and 1 ED glass element|
|Angle of View||75° - 34° (35mm) |
54° - 23° (APS-C)
|Minimum Focus||11.88" - 17.76" |
|Aperture Range||f/3.5 - f/5.6 maximum |
f/22 - f/36 minimum
|Aperture Type||7-blade circular|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.85" |
(3.986" w/lens caps)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
NONE [ GERALD B Jun 27, 2017 ]
Recommended by a friend who owns same camera/lens. [ CHARLES E Jul 18, 2016 ]