USB extension cable package for Android™ phones
Our take on the Pioneer CD-MU200 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Get your Android™ in the game
Many new Pioneer receivers support features like Android Auto, MirrorLink, AppRadio, and more. The Pioneer CD-MU200 cable package has a 58" type-A USB extension cable and a 19" type-A USB to type-B microUSB cable so you can connect your Android phone to your receiver and tap into the cool Android functionality built into many current Pioneer models, like MirrorLink, Android Auto, and more. Check "Details" and your receiver for features and compatibility. Warranty: 1 year.
EXCELLENT CABLES AT A GREAT PRICE!
Christian, Lyons, GA
What's in the Box:
- 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end
- 19" USB adapter cable (w/ a male microUSB type-B connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end)
Pioneer CD-MU200 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
CD-MU200 Interface Cable: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable provides support for Android Auto with 2015-up NEX series receivers. In addition, this cable can be used to connect a MTP or AOA 2.0 enabled Android smartphones to select 2014-up Pioneer CD (DEH/FH-series) and digital media (MVH series) receivers with support for MTP or AOA 2.0. It also enables Android smartphones and MirrorLink compatible smartphones to connect to select 2014-up Pioneer AppRadio, AVH, or NEX series head units for AppRadio One and/or MirrorLink functions.
Head Unit Compatibility: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable is compatible with the following Pioneer AppRadio, AVH, and NEX series head units.
- *AppRadio Series: SPH-DA110 (AppRadio 3), SPH-DA210 (AppRadio 3 w/ DVD), SPHDA120 (AppRadio 4),
- AVH Series: AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT
- *NEX Series: AVH-4000NEX, AVH-4100NEX, AVH-5000NEX, AVH-5100NEX, AVH-6000NEX, AVH-6100NEX, AVH-7000NEX, AVH-7100NEX, AVH-8000NEX, AVH-8100NEX
- **DEH Series: DEH-X2600UI, DEH-X2700UI, DEH-X3600UI/S, DEH-X3700UI/S, DEH-X4600BT, DEH-X4700BT, DEH-X5600HD, DEH-X5700HD, DEH-X6600BT/BS, DEH-X6700BS/BT, DEHX7600S/HD, DEH-X8600BS/BH, DEH-X8700BH/BS, DEH-X9600BHS
- **MVH Series: MVH-X560BT, MVH-360BT
- **FH Series: FH-X520UI, FH-X720BT
- *2014 Pioneer AppRadio and NEX series head units only support MirrorLink via the CD-MU200 cable. 2015 NEX series receivers supports MirrorLink and Android Auto.
- **Pioneer DEH, MVH, and FH series in-dash CD and digital media receivers only support audio playback via MTP or AOA 2.0, and do not support Android Auto, MirrorLink or AppRadio One.
Compatible Smartphones: The Pioneer CD-MU200 interface cable is supported by select Android smartphones and MirrorLink compatible smartphones.
- Android Smartphones (for AppRadio One): Compatible Android smartphone include Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (OS 4.3), Samsung Galaxy S4/Core 2 Duos (OS 4.4.2), Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (OS 4.2.2), Samsung Galaxy S5 (OS 4.4.3), LG Nexus 5 (OS 4.4.4), Sony Xperia Z2/ZL2 (OS 4.4.2), Sony Xperia Z (OS 4.2.2), HTC One M8 (OS 4.4.4), Motorola Moto G (OS 4.4.4). Click here for the latest compatible Android smartphones tested by Pioneer.
- MirrorLink Smartphones: MirrorLink certified devices include select smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Nokia, and HTC. MirrorLink compatible smartphones include Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 4/Edge, Sony Xperia Z, or HTC One M8. Click here for a full list of compatible MirrorLink mobile phones. To use MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S 3, the free "Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S 3 smartphone (running Ice Cream or Jelly Bean OS).
- Android Auto Smartphones: Compatible Android smartphones must be running Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or later.
- MTP Smartphones: Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+ [Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean/KitKat]).
microUSB-to-USB Connections: The CD-MU200 includes two interface cable; a 58" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end), and a 19" USB adapter cable (w/ a male microUSB type-B connector on one end and a male USB type-A connector on other end). The 58" USB extension cable's male USB type-A connector plugs into the USB port on the rear-panel of a compatible AppRadio, AVH, or NEX series receiver. The 19" USB adapter cable plugs into the USB extension cable's female USB type-A connector and the female microUSB port of your compatible smartphone.
Android Auto (for 2015-up NEX): The CD-MU200 cable provides Android Auto support with 2015-up Pioneer NEX receivers and compatible Android smartphones. Android Auto extends the Android platform into the car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple on-screen cards that appear just when they're needed. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead.
AOA 2.0 + MTP Playback: The CD-MU200 cable enables playback & control of stored music files on your portable USB MTP or AOA 2.0 device, like your newer Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+ through a MTP or AOA 2.0 enabled Pioneer receiver.
AppRadio One (for AVH series): AppRadio One, via the CD-MU200 cable, gives you the ability to view and control compatible Android smartphone apps from your compatible Pioneer receiver's touchscreen. You'll need to download Pioneer's AppRadio One app and Pioneer's AppRadioLive app onto your compatible iPhone or Android smartphone. Now that the AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps are downloaded, and your compatible Android smartphone is connected the Pioneer receiver via the CD-MU200 cable, you have access to maps, media, news information, and your events calendar through the receiver's intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Maps: AppRadio One, along with AppRadioLive use the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. Once you select your destination, you'll be guided along your route via an on-screen map and audible voice prompts. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews.
- Media: AppRadio One and AppRadioLive let you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone through the Pioneer DVD receiver. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- Events: In addition, AppRadio One and AppRadioLive keep you up-to-date on the latest news stories, RSS feeds and weather information with Feedly and Open Weather Map. With text-to-speech technology, the Pioneer receiver will even read you the latest news stories from the internet
- Calendar: The AppRadio One and AppRadio Live applications also keep your life organized and makes it easier to stay in touch and have fun. With multiple viewing options within its sleek, simple user interface, you can access your smartphone and Facebook calendars in one place, RSVP to Facebook events and use EventSeeker to find nearby concerts and events based on your personal interests and location
MirrorLink (for AppRadio/AVH/NEX series): MirrorLink is an in-vehicle connectivity solution created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink is integrated into select Pioneer receivers and offers a vehicle-specific interface and connectivity with MirrorLink certified devices from smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, and HTC. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services, and your phone to make hands-free calls on-the-go. MirrorLink lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication directly from the Pioneer in-dash receiver's touchscreen.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location (Drive): You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone (Call): The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Was told I needed it [ C Aug 15, 2017 ]
Same answer, your site said it would be needed for the installation of my new stereo. [ Samuel Apr 20, 2017 ]
Item was recommended to use with an Android device. [ Zachory Dec 28, 2016 ]
I really like to get my money's worth out of what I buy. I bought a Pioneer AVH receiver a few months ago. I was also due for a new phone upgrade. I needed this cable since I bought the Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge to complete Auto Play. [ JONARE` Dec 19, 2016 ]
to make phone better [ David Nov 16, 2016 ]
It was need to use the MirrorLink function on my radio and it did the work. [ David Oct 15, 2016 ]
needed accessory [ barbara Sep 14, 2016 ]
I wish to use my galaxy S6 phone for it's apps and gps option for navigation, something I do not want to lose when switching from the factory HU to an after market HU. [ HEINZ Aug 27, 2016 ]
The original USB cord that came with the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS, that I recently purchased, appears to be defective. [ Frank D. Jul 31, 2016 ]
Quality of pieces [ WAYMON Jul 30, 2016 ]
Great product great price [ JESSE Jul 25, 2016 ]
For USB extension [ Javier Jul 10, 2016 ]
Need for mercedes Benz slk 230 199 [ W Jul 04, 2016 ]
Interface phone to stereo [ Matthew Apr 29, 2016 ]
An advisory, Ozzy, suggested this to connect my Android to my Pioneer.. I am skeptical but will try! Ozzy's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=110 [ Christian Mar 14, 2016 ]
I would like to have USB ports for both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with my receiver. [ Jonathan Dec 12, 2015 ]
17 questions already asked
The adapter will work if you plug it in or you can use Bluetooth wireless and get the same outcome on Bluetooth audio. [ troy Feb 03, 2017 ]
I got the 4100 pioneer and it doesn't need an adapter, it works with Bluetooth [ ELIUTH Feb 03, 2017 ]
You don't need the cable for Pandora, you would use Bluetooth. You would use the cable for Pioneer appradio [ PAUL Feb 03, 2017 ]
The Pioneer AVH-X4700BS did not come packaged with the Type-B microUSB cable for Mirrorlink compatible phones, no. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Sep 01, 2016 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. Yes it is. On the product page for the Pioneer receiver you will see an "Accessories" tab, and this is the only item listed as compatible for Android. Hope that helps. [ Kenny Jul 22, 2016 ] Staff
If you're running OS 4.2 or later, yes, you should be able to use the CD-MU200 cable and download Pioneer's AppRadio and AppRadioLive apps to use the AppRadioOne features of your stereo. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the AVH-X5800BHS's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X580BHS/item.html I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jul 13, 2016 ] Staff
Not to sure it will work with the avh2600 it's not listed on the Pioneer website [ Eric Feb 15, 2016 ]
I think you will need the CD-AH200 which has an MHL interface cable along with the other cables needed. [ Eric Feb 15, 2016 ]
The Pioneer CD-MU200 cable package has a 58" type-A USB extension cable and a 19" type-A USB to type-B microUSB cable so you can connect your Galaxy S5 phone to the Pioneer AVIC-7100NEX. [ Larry Oct 30, 2015 ] Staff
YEs it is I couldn't figure out how to get it to work if can do it please text me back thanks [ K R Apr 15, 2015 ]
That is correct. I have a Samsung Note 3 and it plugs in and charges it. [ Justin Apr 13, 2015 ]
This is a micro USB, should work for your phone. [ Andrew Apr 12, 2015 ]
This cable is not needed however I found that the usb extension cable in this package is very useful. As far as s5 mirrorlink doesn't work & it's quite I pain in the butt to make s5 work because of knox security & selinux being enabled. Hope this helped & good luck to you. [ LUIS Mar 17, 2015 ]
This cable is a waste, it is a USB port extension and a USB to mini USB cable [ Bob Mar 02, 2015 ]
I purchased this cable for the same thing you are wanting to do but I really don't even use it because I find it was easier to use the Bluetooth feature instead of this cable. I wish I had an iPhone I believe the 500nex is more apple friendly than the Samsung GALAXY s5. I hope this helps.also this is the same cable that came with your Samsung Galaxy s5 other than the ext USB you can use the USB that came with the radio and plug your phone charger cable into it and you have the same set up [ DAVID A Mar 02, 2015 ]
I purchased this cable for the same thing you are wanting to do but I really don't even use it because I find it was easier to use the Bluetooth feature instead of this cable. I wish I had an iPhone I believe the 500nex is more apple friendly than the Samsung GALAXY s5. I hope this helps. [ DAVID A Mar 02, 2015 ]
No [ SUNG J Feb 11, 2015 ]
I am sorry but I do not have that phone or that head unit, so I am unable to answer. [ Paul Feb 06, 2015 ]
The CD -MU200 didn't work with my cell, I got the Samsung galaxy note 3 [ Antonio Feb 06, 2015 ]
I don't know if it works with the Note,because I have the S5, and yes it does charge my S5 but don't expect to run things on your device and have the charger keep-up though. The output is very lacking. [ WILLIAM Jan 09, 2015 ]
I have not tried a Note 4 but would recommend using the Samsung MHL 2.0 HDTV Smart Adapter. The micro USB out of the back of the radio was not be able to charge enough to stream music and do GPS navigation on a roadtrip, and the phone died in four hours. I went with an Anchor high capacity lighter plug. Hope this helps. [ HUGH Jan 08, 2015 ]
It will charge it. But if you have the mhl adapter hooked up it wont charge threw [ Brandon Jan 08, 2015 ]
It will charge it but I have not been able mirror link it [ jonathan Jan 08, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The CD-MU200 will work with the Pioneer AVH-X5700 but as of right now it will not work with the Galaxy S5. It only works with the Galaxy S3. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Nov 06, 2014 ] Staff
For note 3 you'll need samsung mhl adapter. You'll also have to root phone to disable knox & selinux. Or you can use allshare adapter but then you won't have touch functionality. [ LUIS Sep 08, 2014 ]
Yes it does. Had an iPhone and switched to an active S5 and it works as good. Love the S5 by the way as well [ ROBERT D Jul 13, 2014 ]
Yes [ DARIUS Jul 13, 2014 ]
Yes. Also With that little adapter just for s3's sold online or from Samsung. MirrorLink is not required if you are using mhl. Figuring out what cables I needed for this was the most awful thing to go through haha but with a rooted s3, an appradio Unchained, it works great [ Eric Jan 10, 2014 ]
I just bought the Appradio 3 and I am using the Galaxy S4. I installed it last weekend however I had to buy an additional cable kit that Crutchfield no longer carries. It is the MHL adapter CD-AH200C. You also need the Samsung HDMI smart adapter EPL-3FHUBEGSTA for the S3. This weekend I will complete the install. Looking forward to using the radio with all the features. [ David Jan 10, 2014 ]
Yes you have to the mhl adapter I recommend buying it from Samsung the ones on auction sites don't work well the give a snowy display [ christopher Jan 10, 2014 ]
Hi,Yes, you will need an MHL adapter. I tried and returned a few options and ended up going with the Samsung HDTV MHL adapter from a local chain store. The HDMI output and AC adapter output link up to the adapter, so the phone can charge while using the dash. [ CINDY Jan 10, 2014 ]
Im not sure.didnt get it yet.ive been reading s3:has to be os 4.1.2 ice cream sandwich. JELLY bean 4. 3 doesn't even work at all. [ CHAD Jan 10, 2014 ]
I believe that is the one you need with a Galaxy S3. I have an I phone 4S and this was sent to me by accident. I am not real sure what is different between this and a standard micro USB though. You might try your std Micro USB CABLE FIRST AND SEE IF IT WON'T WORK [ ROBERT D Jan 10, 2014 ]
For information on specific vehicle fit and compatibility please contact and Advisor for a quick online chat or phone call. They'll be able to pull up your vehicle and help you find the best gear for your system. [ Jeff Dec 09, 2013 ] Staff