High-quality replacement AC power cable (10-ft.)
Our take on the AudioQuest NRG-X2 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
An easy performance upgrade
Many components come with a detachable AC power cord. That gives you the flexibility to upgrade to a higher-quality cable. It may surprise you, but simply replacing your component's stock power cord with a low-distortion AC power cable can noticeably improve your system's picture and sound quality. At the component end, AudioQuest's NRG-X2 features a 2-pole "C17" connector, which is common on A/V receivers, integrated amps, and power amps.
Why power cords make a difference
The AC power that feeds your gear is really the foundation of your system's audio and video performance. Even if you've plugged your components into a power conditioner to clean up the current coming out of your wall, a flimsy stock power cord can act as an antenna for airborne interference that subtly degrades high-resolution audio and video signals.
Advanced materials and construction
The NRG-X2 uses two stranded Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors made of high-purity Long-Grain Copper. Compared to typical stranded cables, this approach uses fewer, larger strands that don't change position down the length of the cable. While solid conductors are the best solution to strand distortion, Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors avoid much of the distortion of stranded conductors
- low-distortion replacement AC power cable (2-prong connector for wall outlet, C17 connector for component)
- for audio/video components with a 2-pole C17-type AC connector
- two 15-gauge Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors made from Long-Grain Copper
- Helical-Array construction allows for better dynamic contrast and clarity
- textile braid cable cover
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee