ZVOX SoundBase 570
Powered home theater sound system/TV platform with Bluetooth® (for TVs up to 60")
Our take on the ZVOX SoundBase 570 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Put dialogue front and center
Looking for a system that can provide thrilling impact when the on-screen action heats up? The ZVOX SoundBase 570 delivers on that score, thanks to its built-in array of five full-range drivers and subwoofer. But our customers and employees alike have also said great things about how ZVOX SoundBase systems make dialogue easier to understand — a crucial part of any TV show or movie. Hit the dedicated button on the included remote to engage AccuVoice® dialogue emphasis mode and keep up with the story.
The ZVOX SoundBase 570 supports TVs up to 60".
A simple concept that works
The ZVOX SoundBase sits right on top of whatever surface holds your TV, and your TV sits right on top of the SoundBase — simple, effective, and easy. The 570 works with most TVs that have 60" or smaller screens, weighing up to 110 pounds. Just like many other sound bar systems, the this one connects to your TV using a single cable (optical digital and analog RCA audio cables are included). The system's built-in 65-watt Class D amplifier puts out plenty of power to drive the built-in speakers to impressive volume levels. Bluetooth wireless streaming is new on this year's SoundBase models: pair your tablet or smartphone and enjoy rich, full sound with your favorite tunes.
- sound system doubles as a platform for flat-panel TVs up to 60"
- recommended for TVs with pedestals measuring 30"W x 14"D or smaller
- supports up to 110 lbs.
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- PhaseCue II virtual surround sound creates spacious effects
- AccuVoice® dialogue emphasis mode uses circuitry similar to a hearing aid to enhance vocal clarity
- Output Leveling mode helps tame loud commercials
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music wirelessly from your tablet or smartphone
- aptX® audio coding for better Bluetooth sound quality with compatible devices
- built-in 65-watt Class D amplifier
- five 2" full-range drivers
- 5-1/4" woofer
- frequency response 45-20,000 Hz
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 stereo RCA analog audio inputs
- 1 front-panel minijack input for portable music players
- learns commands from your TV remote
- remote control also included
- rigid MDF (medium density fiberboard) cabinet improves audio performance and is built sturdy
- 30-1/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 16"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Soundbar speaker base
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' Stereo RCA cable
- 58" Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 6' Optical digital cable
- Setup/Operation Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Using Bluetooth" instructions
- "Adjustment Options" guide
- Remote Control Instructions
- "Alternative Adjustment Guide For Remote Control" booklet
- Warranty Sheet
I particularly like that it is under my TV so it does not block remote control signal. The Zvox has a nice look and great functionality. It will not disappoint.
Tom, Raymond, NH
ZVOX SoundBase 570 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Midrange||2" Full-range (5)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||N|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||45-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||65|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3-1/2H x 30-1/16W x 16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||19 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
SoundBase 570: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system is designed to sit beneath your flat-panel TV so you can have surround sound without adding a lot of clutter to your room. It requires no additional speakers, subwoofer, or speaker wires. The SoundBase 570 reproduces TV shows, music, and movie soundtracks with lifelike accuracy, including crystal-clear vocals and big bass. The ZVOX SoundBase 570 is the perfect solution for people who want great sound from their flat-panel TV without the clutter and complexity of a conventional home theater system.
Note: You can place the ZVOX SoundBase 570 directly beneath most 37"-55" flat-panel TVs weighing up to 110 lbs with a pedestal base which does not exceed 26.625" in width or 13" in depth. The SoundBase 570 has a height of only 3.5". You can also place the SoundBase 570 on a shelf under most table-top or wall-mount flat-panel televisions.
Advanced Speaker Design: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system incorporates high-quality speakers, built-in sub, a highly efficient amplifier, and digital signal processing for high-fidelity sound. And its all packed inside one slim, compact enclosure.
- 5 Speaker Array w/ Built-in Subwoofer: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system includes five front-firing 2" full-range drivers and one down-firing 5.25" subwoofer. The 2" full-range drivers use a long-throw design to create a remarkably wide range, accurate sound. The 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design and is coupled with a rear-firing port for deep, accurate bass.
- Class D Amplifier w/ DSP: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 employs a highly efficient 65W Class D amplifier that includes digital signal processing (DSP) for superb frequency response. The result is a very warm, natural, smooth, and accurate sound.
- MDF Cabinet: The 570 features a hand-built cabinet of heavy MDF. The speaker cabinet is robustly constructed using fully-braced MDF (medium density fiberboard), not molded plastic that is found any many lesser expensive soundbar speaker systems. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
PhaseCue II Virtual Surround Sound: The SoundBase 570 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, virtually surrounding the listener.
- Music: With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other.
- Movies: When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelop you - putting you in the middle of the action.
- Levels: You can adjust the level of PhaseCue II virtual surround processing effect. You can select from Surround One (low effect), Surround Two (moderate effect), Surround Three (strong effect).
Note: AccuVoice cannot be used in conjunction with a PhaseCure Virtual Surround Sound mode.
Audio Enhancement: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 offers a variety of audio adjustment to enhance your listening experience.
- AccuVoice: The SoundBase 570 includes the ZVOX AccuVoice feature, which uses hearing aid technology to create super-clear voice reproduction. When you push the "ACCU" button on the remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are dynamically emphasized, while other frequencies are minimized.
- Output Leveling: The SoundBase 570's Output Leveling feature automatically turns down loud commercials, while boosting audio levels from DVD and Blu-ray movies that are not loud enough. Simply press the "OL" button on the included remote and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
- Tone Control: The SoundBase 570 has independent bass and treble controls. Each has a range from -4 to 4, and can be adjusted using the remote control only.
Note: AccuVoice and Output Leveling can be activated simultaneously.
Wired & Wireless Connectivity: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 offers wired and wireless connectivity; including digital and analog inputs, Bluetooth audio streaming, and a subwoofer output.
- Digital & Analog Inputs: The SoundBase 570 has two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial digital input, plus two analog stereo RCA audio inputs on the rear-panel. Plus, there is a front panel analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for convenient connection of a portable audio device. The three digital inputs will support both 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch audio. The analog inputs only support 2ch PCM.
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio + aptX: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the SoundBase speaker system. The SoundBase 570 even employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids OS 4.0+). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Subwoofer Output: An optional powered subwoofer can be connected using the full-range mono-RCA Sub Output on the back panel for even bigger bass. There is no low-pass crossover built-in to the sub out, so you will need to set the low-pass crossover of your powered subwoofer accordingly.
Hidden Display: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble, and PhaseCue II (virtual surround); plus shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Remote Control: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. The included wireless remote has controls for power, input select, mute, volume, PhaseCue II effect level, bass & treble level, and DE/OL functions. The SoundBase 570 can also be programmed to respond to your TV or satellite/cable remote control. Once programmed, you can control volume, mute, input, and power with your TV or satellite/cable remote.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Auto On/Off: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 will automatically turn on if it senses a volume adjustment or power command from your programmed remote control or the included remote control. The SoundBase 570 will also automatically turn off if the selected input is silent for longer than approximately 30 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
AccuVoice Dialogue boost function and clean one-piece design with powered on board amplifiers. [ Tamara Sep 15, 2018 ]
Similar design to my now dead and awful Boston Acoustics TVee One, with 5.1 instead of 2 channel sound. [ Bradley Jun 08, 2018 ]
We need a sound system for our new TV , but did not want to use a traditional stereo receiver and speakers set up. We had read go reviews of ZVOX, in particular the voice audio quality of their products. [ David May 31, 2018 ]
Great sound [ ROBERT J May 13, 2018 ]
Zvox Soundbase because of the voice enhancement abilities. I chose the 570 for the value of the features. [ Stephen Feb 03, 2018 ]
Cost-effective means of boosting audio quality. [ Joshua Oct 01, 2017 ]
I was looking for reasonably priced options to improve sound quality of TV, particularly voice clarity. The ZVOX Soundbase definitely accomplished that. I also like the sleek look underneath the TV. Produces nice base and sound for playing music as well. [ Nick Jul 29, 2017 ]
Features I need and in my price range. Good advice from Peyton! [ Mary Jul 03, 2017 ]
My wife has difficulty understanding dialogue on the TV. [ Michael Jun 23, 2017 ]
Great sound [ James Van Apr 22, 2017 ]
This is a most excellent soundbar for a smaller television. [ GEORGE S Mar 04, 2017 ]
I am hoping that the Accuvoice will help me with the speech clarity... [ Jean E Feb 07, 2017 ]
Hunter was a good salesman! Thanks! [ david Jan 13, 2017 ]
article in newspaper that described the soundbox in detail - positive review [ Richard J. Dec 16, 2016 ]
I like the multiple speakers and the built in subwoofer so you don't need a separate one. [ David Dec 16, 2016 ]
I am at the point were I need a simpler audio system. I have used ZVOX with a 22" TV and the sound was excellent. So, because of its reputation, I will try it with my 60" TV. [ Albert Dec 12, 2016 ]
I decided on this based upon the recommendation of Advisor Artie, reviews, installation requirements and the comments regarding dialogue clarity. [ Brian J. Nov 28, 2016 ]
Besides having outstanding reviews, the design fits my needs for my tv stand and wife loves the bluetooth option. +10 for the AccuVoice. Can't wait to hear this when it arrives!!!! [ Wesley Nov 13, 2016 ]
you recommended it [ Candice Nov 11, 2016 ]
Great value, big sound, great ratings and perfect dimensions to fit in my entertainment center. [ CHRISTOPHER Oct 28, 2016 ]
recommended by sales advisor. I bought a second one because I was impressed with the quality. [ Robert J. Sep 06, 2016 ]
I'm hoping this is a significant improvement to the sound of my TV. [ Matthew Aug 19, 2016 ]
Its position on the stand and under the TV, and its voice clarity. [ Alfred W. Aug 08, 2016 ]
Crutchfield advisor Norm discussed options with me. This was a present for my husband who listens to classical music often on You Tube. He's delighted with the product. Norm's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=117 [ L Jul 31, 2016 ]
I needed a sound bar that improved the TV dialogue and that was easy to set up. I also liked the fact that it has an output to connect a powered subwoofer. [ Douglas Jul 13, 2016 ]
I wanted improved sound (the sound coming from the TV itself is almost sinfully bad) without going for a major bassy, booming system that would put my apartment lease at risk. The leveling function should help with this. I chose Crutchfield because, unlike Amazon, they laid out exactly what cables come with the Zvox without me having to search all over the screen. It's right there near the top left. Not only that, but they tell you the lengths too. So I rewarded them by buying from them. [ Mike Jul 04, 2016 ]
recommendation. [ Steven Apr 14, 2016 ]
I researched a lot of sound bars with and without subs. I felt this ZVOX SoundBase 570 would fit my needs. The all-in one unit and especially the ability to set my 50" on top of it was perfect for me. Crutchfield, you're still the only game in town. [ John Mar 29, 2016 ]
It just "fits the bill" for me. I needed to place my TV on top, and the reviews and the price were right. [ Richard Mar 08, 2016 ]
read about it in your magazine and read the online reviews for this product [ Jeffrey W. Feb 27, 2016 ]
Great sound. Very good quality. Good value. Easy setup. Clean aesthetics. [ Gregory Feb 21, 2016 ]
Needed all in one system with sub out [ DAVID C Jan 06, 2016 ]
Good user reviews [ June Dec 18, 2015 ]
I have a SONY 55" 810C. For new thin TVs, the sound is a poor. I have full audio capability via a receiver. I wanted an everyday option to listen to TV. This model of SONY has a unique base that projects its legs forward about 4 inches. After reading the internet, a sound bar would only work if I pushed the TV further back, which would recess the TV and hinder the view. A sound base is the best option to stabilize the TV when rotating it (looking at the back), and to maximize the view. [ Ken Dec 15, 2015 ]
For pricing and shipping [ Clark Dec 15, 2015 ]
Highly recommended by Technical writer in newspaper [ Rich Dec 12, 2015 ]
Positive recommendation from Don Lindich, writer for the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper [ Merryl Dec 12, 2015 ]
I wanted to evaluate the effectiveness of the dialogue enhancement feature. Have a beautiful Samsung TV but the lack of dialogue clarity causes us to crank up the volume to understand what is being said on many shows we watch. [ Ron Dec 12, 2015 ]
Recommended in today's edition of the local newspaper. [ John Dec 12, 2015 ]
I hope this makes dialogue easier to hear. I like that this has the subwoofer output because I already have an extra powered subwoofer if I want to add a little extra low end. [ William Dec 05, 2015 ]
6 questions already asked
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Mar 26, 2018 ] Staff
I didn't know that Accuvoice canceled the surround sound. I tend not to use Accuvoice, as the sound is a bit too much treble and too little bass with the setting on for my tastes. But Accuvoice does noticeably accentuate voices and makes ithem much easier to understand. [ chris Jan 16, 2018 ]
I doubt that you'll want Accuvoice turned on when watching a movie at full volume. It seems to me that feature is helpful at low volume (like late night) viewing. I suppose you could have it on in a noisy room, but frankly, it's a little overdone and bright for me. If you're a bit of an audiophile, you may find this speaker inherently on the bright side, so using the Accuvoice will be an option you hardly use. Hope this helps... [ RICHARD J Jan 15, 2018 ]
I think yes, but not seriously...I prefer use the accuvoice with tv series or drama movies [ SAMUEL Jan 14, 2018 ]
I use my 570 strictly for TV with accuvoice on all the time. If I am viewing a DVD or Bluray disc, I am using my home theatre system without use of the 570. Not sure if that will help you, or if that is what you are referring to, but we love the 570 for TV viewing. [ Richard Jan 14, 2018 ]
No. It only makes voices more pronounced. I really don't detect a difference in the "surround" effect. But you should know that this unit doesn't replace a true surround (5.1, 7.1, etc) system. You're not going to get huge, rumbling sound from this unit. However the sound from this device is outstanding! It doesn't matter what kind of movie/tv I'm watching, the sound it great. And it's great when I Bluetooth music from my phone or laptop. It just doesn't produce the depth of sound as a true surround sound. That's okay for me. I never run a movie through my older surround system, I just use the Zvox. [ Matthew Jan 14, 2018 ]
I've had the ZVOX for about 1-1/2 yrs and have never experienced a problem with volume control, there is a linear relationship between the volume control setting and the volume experienced. [ John May 08, 2017 ]
I've not noticed this. Volume seems consistent to me. [ john May 08, 2017 ]
The volume control works fine. Each click of the remote makes a discernible change to the volume. [ Frank H. May 07, 2017 ]
Doug, I had to push the volume control buttons very hard to get the remote to engage. But, I really like the sound on this unit. [ Trent E. May 07, 2017 ]
The sound control is very accurate, every push of the volume control button changes the sound. [ JEFFREY May 07, 2017 ]
I personally haven't connected Bluetooth headphones, but I would imagine all devices using this feature can be connected. I've connected several devices using Bluetooth. [ Godofredo Dec 02, 2016 ]
Yes it does. I don't feel the need to use it often and it's easy to turn off. [ Ken Dec 01, 2016 ]
No. You have to turn it on every time. It works wonderfully, though. Pushing a button each time is a small price to pay to be able to understand what people are saying. We love the product! [ Eileen Nov 30, 2016 ]
As near as I can tell, the unit retains all settings between power on/off. I just tested with the Output leveling and it stayed on. [ MARK J Nov 30, 2016 ]
If by dialogue clarity mode you mean the accuvoice feature then yes it does stay activated until you change the sound mode. [ Chris Nov 30, 2016 ]
I do not know exactly, but I can say that it did sync easily with my cable providers remote control unit. Very easy to set up and complete. Offers enough sound for me, though I do not have it in an "in home' theater type setting. Hope this helps! [ Henry Jul 07, 2015 ]
We love the sound of our Zvox unit but we have not yet figured out how to do volume control with the ATT Uverse remote. We have to use 3 remotes at this point: Samsung TV, Uverse and Zvox. Not ideal but the sound on the Zvox makes it worth the hassle. [ Eileen Jul 03, 2015 ]
Sorry I don't know. [ Kurt Jul 03, 2015 ]
I have not tried ATT Uverse, but it works with DISH remote, so I would guess it will work with others. Syncing was a fast and simple process. [ ALAN Jul 03, 2015 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
ZVOX SoundBase 570
Powered home theater sound system/TV platform with Bluetooth® (for TVs up to 60")
ZVOX AV200 AccuVoice TV Speaker
Powered sound bar with dialogue boost
Bose® Solo 5 TV sound system
ZVOX SoundBase 670
Powered home theater sound system/TV platform with Bluetooth® (for TVs up to 70")