Power amplifier for B28W in-wall subwoofers
Our take on the Revel SA1000 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Matching amplification for Revel's B28W in-wall subwoofer
Considering installing Revel's B28W in-wall subwoofer as part of your home theater system? The matching Revel SA1000 companion amplifier provides plenty of power along with customizable sound adjustments. Install it alongside the rest of your A/V components and enjoy powerful, dynamic bass from your in-wall sub.
The Revel SA1000 power amplifier features built-in sound-shaping tools to dial in the bass for your room.
Drive one or two subs
Connect a single B28W subwoofer to the SA1000 and enjoy 350 continuous watts of power. If you have a large room, or want more evenly distributed bass, install two B28W in-wall subwoofers and drive them both from a single SA1000 amp. Running at four ohms, the SA1000 delivers 350 watts of continuous power to each sub.
- Class D power amplifier designed for the Revel B28W in-wall subwoofer
- delivers 350 watts into 8 ohms when driving a single B28W subwoofer
- delivers 700 watts into 4 ohms when driving two B28W subwoofers
- line-level stereo RCA input
- powers on automatically when it receives signal
- frequency response: 36-150 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover control: 50-150Hz
- user-adjustable single-band parametric equalization
- short-circuit, over-current, and over-temperature protection
- two sets of binding post speaker terminals for connecting two subwoofers
- front-panel volume control
- includes brackets for rack-mounting (takes up 2U rack space)
- 17"W x 3-1/2"H x 11-1/16"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Subwoofer amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 4 Screws
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||350|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||700|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Compatibility: The Revel by Harman SA1000 subwoofer amplifier is a high efficiency Class D amplifier specifically designed to be used in conjunction with Revel Architectural in-wall subwoofers (such as the B28W, sold separately). It is optimized to give the best dynamics and frequency response of Revel Architectural subwoofers, and is specifically designed to drive their highly reactive load impedances. The Revel by Harman SA1000 subwoofer amplifier has been engineered for the highest level of performance and reliability.
Note: The EQ and headroom management have been specifically designed for Revel Architectural subwoofers. Use of the SA1000 with any other subwoofers could lead to damage of the subwoofer and/or the SA1000 amplifier.
Single or Dual Sub Configuration: As part of a Revel in-wall subwoofer system, the SA1000 rack-mountable Class D amplifier is designed to power one or two Revel Architectural in-wall subwoofer(s). The SA1000 single channel, rack-mount amplifier has two outputs in parallel, so you can power one Revel Architectural in-wall sub with 350W RMS (750W Peak) @ 8-ohm. When a second Revel Architectural in-wall subwoofer is connected to the second output of the SA1000 amplifier, the total output power increases to 700W RMS (1500W Peak) @ 4-ohm; 350W RMS (750W Peak) to each sub.
Front & Rear Panel Controls: The SA1000 subwoofer amplifier offers front & rear panel controls to optimize performance in almost any room environment. A front panel rotary knob adjusts the volume level of the amplifier. All other controls are found on the rear panel of the amplifier.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable 50Hz-150Hz low pass crossover determines the frequency at which the SA1000 blends the connected subwoofer to the main speakers. This control does not limit the frequency range of the main speakers in your system. You can set the low pass crossover to the "LFE" setting to bypass the subwoofer amp's internal crossover and use the crossover setting in your AV receiver or integrated amplifier.
- Equalization: The Equalization controls (Frequency, Bandwidth, EQ Level) optimizes the subwoofer amp and connected sub's response for your specific listening room. Select which single frequency band (32-100Hz) to adjust at what bandwidth (0.1-0.6Q) and level (-12 to +3dB). To use these controls, you must first set the EQ switch to the "On" position. Specific measurement equipment is required to properly adjust the Equalization controls.
- Phase Switch: The Phase Switch adjusts the phase of the subwoofer's output to the front speakers; it can be set to 0° or 180°. Proper phase adjustment can depend on variables such as subwoofer placement and listener position. Use this switch to maximize bass output at the primary listening position.
- Subwoofer Type: Selects the factory pre-programmed subwoofer type settings for the Revel B28C (Type-1) or B28W (Type-2).
Dual Bind Post Outputs: Two output connections with 5-way binding post terminals are provided. Each binding post accepts banana connectors (single or dual), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Each output has a minimum impedance of 8 Ohms.
Note: The SA1000 is not designed for use in a bridged configuration.
Stereo RCA Input: The SA1000's input connections consist of stereo RCA jacks to connect the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. There is no dedicated LFE input, so you can use either the left or right input to make connection to your receiver's LFE output. If you are using an AV receiver with an LFE output which has the low pass crossover set in the receiver, make sure to set the SA1000's low pass crossover to the "LFE" position.
Protection Circuitry: The Revel SA1000 amplifier is equipped with short-circuit, over-current, and thermal protection that will automatically shut the amplifier off in case of one of these events.
Detachable Power & Auto Turn On/Off: The Revel SA1000 subwoofer amplifier comes with a detachable AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, power conditioner. The amp's main power switch is located on the back panel. The amplifier will automatically turn-on when it senses an audio signal, and turn off when there is no audio signal for approximately 10 minutes.
Rack-Mountable: The Revel SA1000 subwoofer amplifier can be rack-mounted using the included brackets and hardware.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Power amplifier for B28W in-wall subwoofers$1,200.00
Stereo single-source power amplifier
Digital stereo multi-source power amplifier
Stereo power amplifier