Focal 100 IW 6
- ideal for an in-wall music system or as a left or right channel in a home theater system
- 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- tweeter pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" Polyglass woofer
- humidity-resistant design (not recommended for direct exposure to water)
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile, paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 25-120 watts
- frequency response: 60-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 10-3/4"W x 6-11/16"H
- overall dimensions: 7-11/16"W x 11-3/4"H
- mounting depth: 3-5/8"
- weight: 4.1 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One in-wall speaker
- 1 metal-mesh grill (white)
- Cut-out template
- User manual
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||6.625 x 10.75|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-120|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 100 IW6 is a two-way, in-wall coaxial speaker designed for small to medium sized rooms in home applications. It can be used in distributed systems, like hallways and living areas, stereo systems for living rooms and bedrooms, as well as part of a home theater system. The IW6 is even ideal for humid environments such as a bathroom or kitchen.
Design: The 100 IW6 features a 6-1/2" Polyglass cone midbass driver and a 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter. The speaker's compact unibody and new crossover were designed to improve sound dispersion and off-axis listening. The tweeter can be tilted up to 20˚ in any direction and includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. A second 3-way switch allows the same type of adjustment for the midrange frequencies with selections of -2dB, 0dB, and +2dB. The speaker comes with a paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grill. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grill to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. Two spring-posts are provided for attaching speaker wire.
Installation: The Focal in-wall speaker includes 6 integrated mounting brackets with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply tightening the 6 Philips-head screws after placing speaker in the opening. As the screw is tightened, the arms will swing outward and press against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. The screws remain attached to the mounting arms, even when fully loosened, preventing them from falling out and making for an easier installation.
- Drivers: 6-1/2" Polyglass midbass, 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 89db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 60Hz - 23kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 25 - 120W
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 6.688", Height - 10.750"
- Mounting Depth: 3.50"
- External Dimensions: Width - 7.625", Height - 11.625", Depth - 3.625"
- Net Weight (w/grill): 4.10 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.