5.1-channel slimline home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Chromecast built-in
Our take on the Integra DSX-3 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Slim down your home theater
Integra's DSX-3 can fill your living room with thrilling surround sound without taking up much space. This 4K-compatible slimline receiver offers connections for a standard 5.1-channel surround sound system. But it also offers Dolby Atmos® decoding if you want more immersive, three-dimensional sound effects. Just add a pair of Atmos enabled speakers and select the Dolby Atmos listening mode and you'll have a 3.1.2 system that puts you in the middle of the action.
Plenty of wireless music choices
The DSX-3 gives you all kinds of options for wireless listening. Built-in Wi-Fi allows easy access to popular streaming services like Spotify® and Pandora®, along with tracks you have stored on your networked computer. Apple® AirPlay® lets you stream from compatible iOS® devices, and Bluetooth adds even more streaming music options.
Use the Integra Control Pro app to control streaming from your Apple, Android™, or Kindle device.
Chromecast built-in and Google Home voice control
Chromecast built-in lets you use your phone, tablet, or computer to stream music to the receiver from over 100 audio apps. With a Google Home voice assistant or the Google Home app, you can use your voice to control playback and connect with other Chromecast built-in devices for wireless music throughout your home.
DTS Play-Fi for a flexible wireless multi-room music system
DTS Play-Fi gives you the freedom to mix and match Play-Fi devices from different brands. Use the Play-Fi app to queue up songs, play and pause music, and control multiple Play-Fi speakers and components throughout your home.
Power and Processing:
- 5-channel amplifier
- 50 watts per channel into 4 ohms (1,000 Hz) at 1% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage (via available firmware update)
- o supports "3.1.2" Atmos home theater configuration with 3 front speakers and 2 height speakers (no rear surrounds)
- AccuEQ automatic speaker calibration optimizes your system's sound for your room (microphone included)
- AccuReflex technology aligns phase of up-firing "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL (subscription required for some services)
- Chromecast built-in for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- allows voice control through Google Home
- DTS Play-Fi lets you stream music and create a multi-room music system with other Play-Fi speakers and components
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer
- PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current Class D amplifier design
- 32-bit DSP chip for advanced processing
- HDMI audio/video switching: 4 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- digital audio inputs: 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 analog stereo audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB storage devices
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 5 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R)
- IR input for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- free Integra Control Pro app lets you use your iOS® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- 40 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 14"D
- weight: 8.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5.1ch AV receiver
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-936R)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Setup microphone
- FM wire antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Product Registration/Warranty Information
- Chromecast built-in note
Features and Specs
Class D Amplification: The Integra DSX-3 AV receiver's 5-channel amplifier is an ultra efficient Class-D design for maximum power output while minimizing power usage and heat output. It features discrete output stages and an independent power supply for clear, dynamic performance. The 5-channel amp is rated at 50 watts (into 4Ω, @ 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, 2 channels driver). The DSX-3 amplifies accurate, noise-free signal processing with high-current power for dynamic speaker control. Hand-selected audio-tuned parts are use to ensure low-impedance, high current performance. The result is pure, rich and authentic sound.
32-Bit Architecture: The Integra DSX-3 AV receiver utilizes a CIRRUS 32-Bit Digital Signal Processing Engine, premium quality Texas Instruments digital-to-analog converters, and Ultra-Low-Jitter Circuitry to ensure effortless high-quality playback and excellent sound quality for improved audio performance.
AccuEQ Calibration w/ AccuReflex: The DSX-3 incorporates AccuEQ calibration technology and comes with an auto calibration microphone. AccuEQ calibration technology reveals the true potential of your speakers by eliminating standing waves from your listening space. These acoustic peaks distort the audio image and prevent your loudspeakers from voicing the sound as their designers intended. AccuEQ utilizes Partial Band Equalization and only corrects frequency response below a certain point, leaving high-order harmonics untouched - so your speakers are free to reproduce the emotion in the recording faithfully and naturally. AccuEQ also includes three memory presets you can use to save your own customized EQ settings, perhaps tailored to suit different content such as movies, music, or games.
- Speaker Measurements: The first-round of AccuEQ measurements set the distance, sound pressure level, and crossover of your speakers. Distance and level calibration ensure all channels are treated equally. Crossover measurement selects the correct point to roll off low-frequency sound to the subwoofer for seamless speaker integration.
- Room Mesurements: In the second round of AccuEQ measurements, your room's sonic characteristics are evaluated. Using this information, AccuEQ is able to prevent standing waves from forming by adjusting frequency response.
- AccuReflex Measurements: AccuEQ also incorporates AccuReflex technology to align the phase of up-firing "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI (4 Inputs/1 Output)||High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS 96/24|
|PCM||2ch to 8ch (32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit)|
|DSD||2ch to 6ch (2.8MHz, 1-bit)|
|Optical (1 Input)/Coaxial (1 Input)||Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS 96/24|
|PCM||2ch to 6ch, (32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit)|
Note: Even though the AV receiver will decode 7.1ch surround sound via HDMI, it will only output 5.1ch surround because it lacks Surround Back channel speaker outputs.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Integra DSX-3 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, & DTS Neural:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The TX-NR676 has the processing power to run a 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing ceiling mounted or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 3.1.2ch speaker configuration is based upon a 3.1ch speaker layout (with front left/right speakers, center speaker, and sub) complemented by 2 height, overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (there are no rear speakers).
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X (firmware update available): DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- DTS Neural:X (firmware update available): DTS Neural:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
Note: Since the DSX-3 is only a 5.1ch AV receiver it can only accomplish a 3.1.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X setup. A 3.1.2ch setup will include a pair of front speakers, a center speaker, a pair of overhead/height/elevation speakers, and a powered sub (there will be no rear, side, or surround speakers).
DSP Listening Modes: DSP Listening modes, combined with Dolby Digital & DTS processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Orchestra: Suitable for classical or operatic music. This mode emphasizes the surround channels in order to widen the sound image, and simulates the natural reverberation of a large hall.
- Studio-Mix: Suitable for rock or pop music. Listening to music in this mode creates a lively sound field with a powerful acoustic image, like being at a club or rock concert.
- TV Logic: Suitable for TV shows produced in a TV studio. This mode enhances the surround effects to the entire sound to give clarity to voices and create a realistic acoustic image.
- Unplugged: Suitable for acoustic instruments, vocals and jazz. This mode emphasizes the front stereo image, giving the impression of being right in front of the stage.
- Multichannel (Multich)/Game: Multichannel mode is suitable for playing sources recorded in multichannel PCM. The receiver also offers four different Gaming modes - RPG, Action, Rock, and Sports.
- Stereo/All Channel Stereo (AllCh Stereo): In Stereo mode, sound is output from the front left and right speakers and subwoofer. In All Channel Stereo Mode, stereo sound is output from all speakers - ideal for background music.
- Mono/Full Mono: In Mono mode, when the input signal is analog or PCM, the left and right front speakers output the sound in monaural. In Full Mono mode, all speakers output the same sound in mono, so the sound you hear is the same regardless of where you are within the listening room.
- Theater-Dimensional (T-D): In this mode, you can enjoy a virtual playback of multichannel surround sound even with only two or three speakers. This works by controlling how sounds reach the listener's left and right ears
Direct Mode: In Direct mode, audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. This mode delivers pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration.
Audio Enhancements: The Integra DSX-3 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CinemaFilter: The CinemaFilter softens overly bright movie soundtracks. Movie soundtracks are typically mixed for a large theater (relative to your home theater) with lots of soft seats and thick curtains on the walls. Home theater settings often lack these high frequency absorbing wall treatments, making the soundtrack sound too bright. CinemaFilter accounts for this and for many movies sounds more natural at home.
- Music Optimizer: The Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files. The Music Optimizer function only works with PCM digital audio input signals with a sampling rate below 48kHz, analog input signals, and Bluetooth audio.
- Late Night Feature: The Late Night feature limits the dynamic range of Dolby Digital recordings. Limiting the dynamic range makes it easier to find a volume that ensures the quiet sounds are not too quiet and the loud sounds are not too loud for night time listening. This allows you to comfortably listen to without the need to constantly adjust the volume to keep from waking family/neighbors. The choices are: Off, Low, and High. This feature only works with Dolby Digital Encoded software and the depth of the feature will vary based on the individual software package.
- Tone Controls: You can independently adjust the Bass (90Hz) and Treble (7.5kHz) of the receiver's Front L/R channels from -10 to +10 dB. The receiver also provides independent Bass and Treble control for Zone 2.
Volume Setup: The Integra AV receiver provides the following volume settings.
- IntelliVolume: With IntelliVolume, you can set the input level for each input (+/-12dB) selector individually. This is useful if one of your source components is louder or quieter than the others.
- Maximum Volume: Use this feature to set the AV receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from 30-49 (max), or Off (disabled).
- Headphone Level: With this setting, you can specify the headphone volume (+/-12dB) relative to the main volume. This is useful if there's a volume difference between your speakers and your headphones.
Analog Audio Outputs: The Integra DSX-3 is outfitted with the following analog audio outputs.
- Spring-Clip Speaker Terminals: There are spring-clip terminals for all of the receiver's speaker outputs. The spring-clips terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors (not compatible with banana plugs). You can connect 4Ω to 8Ω speakers.
- Mono-Subwoofer Output: The receiver features a single mono-RCA subwoofer output to connect a powered sub.
- 3.5mm Headphone Output: When headphones are plugged into the 3.5mm (1/8") jack on the front-panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Phono Input: The Integra AV receiver is fitted with a Phono (MM) input and ground terminal for connection of a turntable, so you can enjoy listening to your vinyl records.
HDMI 2.0a: The DSX-3 is equipped with 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output with HDCP 2.2 compatibility to support the latest formats being released by Hollywood. HDMI 2.0a specifications offer a significant increase in bandwidth (up to 18Gbps) to support new features such as 4:4:4 color space and 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4x the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution. The DSX-3 enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) formats, with BT.2020 support, and provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
- 4K/60Hz: The DSX-3 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and outputs. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: The receivers HDMI inputs and HDMI monitor output support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The DSX-3 offers support for HDR 10 only (does not support Dolby Vision or HLG).
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver's HDMI inputs and HDMI monitor output support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
- This receiver has no analog video inputs or outputs.
1080p to 4K HDMI Video Upscaling: The Integra DSX-3 AV receiver effortlessly upscales 1080p video to stunning Ultra HD 4K via HDMI.
Other HDMI Features: The DSX-3 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers ARC (Audio Return Channel), 3D video pass-through, Deep Color & x.v. Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The receiver's HDMI output features ARC (Audio Return Channel). This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Auto Lip-Sync: The Lip-Sync function can automatically synchronize HDMI audio and video (for any HDMI jack) that has gotten out of sync due to the complex digital video processing being performed by your HDMI-compatible TV. With HDMI Lip-Sync, the audio delay required to synchronize the audio and video is calculated and applied automatically by the AV receiver. You can also manually correct the audio delay from 0 (no delay) to 500 milliseconds; in 5 millisecond steps.
- 3D-Ready: All HDMI jacks will accept 3D video from your 3D-ready Blu-ray player and output the video signal in 3D to your 3D-ready flat-panel television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
HDMI Standby Through: When enabling the HDMI Standby Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "Off" or in "Standby", both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI Through modes.
- Auto: Detects the signal and automatically selects the input sources.
- Source: Selects the HDMI input source for which the HDMI Through function in enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "standby" mode.
Video Select: It is possible to play audio and video from different sources. For example, you can play audio via the Network and video from your BD/DVD player. This function is only effective when an input with audio only (Network, Bluetooth, or Tuner) has been selected initially.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Integra DSX-3 AV receiver supports a wired Ethernet (RJ-45) or wireless WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) network connection. Via the AV receiver's network connection, you can enjoy music files stored on your computer and listen to internet radio through a variety of online music services.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Integra AV receiver is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for connecting the player to your home network and computer. Connecting the AV receiver's Ethernet port to a 100Base-TX switched Ethernet network is recommended for best results. Use a shielded CAT-5 Ethernet cable to connect the receiver to your home network.
- Built-in Wireless LAN: The AV receiver also features built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network, so you can enjoy the benefits of a cable-free network environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with a WiFi-enabled access point (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz). Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
DLNA Certified: Because the DSX-3 is DLNA (ver.15) certified, you can play back music files stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA compliant media server through the stereo receiver. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz) , DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Built-in Online Music Services: The Integra DSX-3 offers several built-in internet radio & online music services through its wired or wireless network connection.
- TuneIn: With more than 100,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is a service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.
- Pandora: Pandora is a personalized Internet radio service that plays the music you know and helps you discover music you'll love. You can select Internet radio stations by Artist, Song, or Genre.
- Tidal: Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. Tidal has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access Tidal's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Deezer: Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Integra AV receiver from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Chromecast Built-In (firmware update available): Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream a variety of music apps from your Apple (iOS 7.0+) or Android (OS 2.3+) mobile device to the Integra stereo receiver. Chromecast built-in works over WiFi and allows you to connect more than one device at a time to the receiver, as well as control what's playing from anywhere in the house with your compatible mobile device.
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, Google Play Music, and more. Click here for a complete list of compatible apps. You can even wirelessly stream exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet through the Integra receiver. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the Integra receiver. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system or draining your battery.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information on the front-panel display (no album art).
FM Tuner: With the built-in tuner FM tuner you can enjoy your favorite local FM radio stations. You can store your favorite stations as presets for quick selection. You can store up to 40 of your favorite FM radio stations as presets.
Note: There is no AM Tuner.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Integra DSX-3 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1+LE) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.3. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, & Mac laptop/computer, as well as other Bluetooth compatible devices to the Integra receiver. The receiver has a 48' wireless Bluetooth range. You can even set the receiver to automatically turn on when a Bluetooth source device is paired and connected.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the DSX-3 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You can use the receiver's IR remote control to operate basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Song/Artist Information: The receiver will display song/artist information on its front-panel LCD and through its on-screen on your HDMI-connected TV. Album Art is not supported.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Integra receiver.
Front-Panel USB Port: The AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as USB thumbdrive, portable digital audio player, or hard disk drive (a hard disk drive will require external power). The unit will recognize USB MSC devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 with up to 20,000 music files. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Notes: USB hubs and USB devices with hub functions are not supported. MP3 players containing music files that are managed with special music software are not supported. Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android devices are not supported via USB.
Google Home Multiroom (firmware update available): Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
DTS Play-Fi (firmware update available): DTS Play-Fi combines DTS and WiFi to wirelessly stream high quality audio through out your home using the Integra Music Control App (for Apple iOS 8.0+, Android OS 4.0+) or the Play-Fi App (for Windows 7 PC or later). Supported music formats up to 24-bit/192kHz (including MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV) are wirelessly streamed to the receiver at up to 24-bit/96kHz (Critical Listening Mode) or to multiple DTS Play-Fi players up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). You can connect multiple DTS Play-Fi products together from different brands and manufacturers on the same home network to create a whole-home streaming experience. Play the same source in every room or a different song in each room. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router. Compatible sources include -
- Source Devices: DTS Play-Fi provides you with the ability to stream your music wirelessly in high-quality lossless audio from Apple iOS & Android devices, Windows laptops & desktop computers, as well as DLNA-servers on your existing home WiFi network to the Integra receiver. Up to eight separate wireless source devices, each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices.
- Online Music Services: DTS Play-Fi enables wireless audio streaming from the world's most popular music services & internet radio, including - Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, & more.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more components, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Integra, Integra, Klipsch, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Paradigm, Phorus, Polk Audio, Wren, and more) in your home.
FireConnect MultiRoom Audio (firmware update available): FireConnect powered by Blackfire mirrors network audio sources and any external analog source playing through the receiver (from streaming audio to vinyl) on optional FireConnect wireless speakers (sold separately). Sampling rates up to 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect powered by Blackfire is stable, fast, and easy to control with the Integra Control Pro App for Apple iOS and Android.
Note: Make sure the Integra receiver has the latest firmware/software update installed. Integra cannot guarantee the compatibility with other devices featuring FireConnect or Blackfire.
Integra Control Pro App: The Integra Control Pro App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.0.3) features an intuitive, user-friendly interface that allows you to conveniently operate the Integra receiver from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. This app not only has the usual remote control functions, it also has a multiroom functionality for Zone 2 and wireless multiroom audio setups.
- Remote Control: You can operate general control functions (play/stop, control the volume, select the input source, etc.) from your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- Streaming Audio: Lets you play audio from built-in music streaming services (such as Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL), the music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, and your Windows PC or other DLNA-compatible server. You can also access music from Bluetooth and USB source devices.
Google Home Voice Commands (firmware update available): With a Google Home voice-activated speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.2+), you can use your voice to control select functions of the Integra AV receiver. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music - all without lifting a finger.
IR Remote: The Integra DSX-3 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the AV receiver. There is a 3.5mm RI remote control jack that allows you to connect this receiver to other compatible Integra components and control it from the included IR remote.
HDMI Control: This function allows HDMI-CEC compatible components or RIHD-compatible components connected via HDMI to be controlled with one another's remote controls.
- The AV receiver will enter Standby mode when the power of the TV is turned to Standby.
- You can set on the menu screen of the TV to either output the audio from the speakers connected to the AV receiver, or from the speakers of the TV.
- It is possible to output the audio/video from the antenna or from the input jack of the TV from the speakers connected to the AV receiver.
- Input to the AV receiver can be selected with the remote controller of the TV.
- Operations such as volume adjustment or similar for the AV receiver can be performed from the remote controller of the TV.
Custom Integration: Integra products are designed and engineered to meet the demands of custom audio/video systems installers. The DSX-3 includes system integration connectivity such as IP control with support for 2-way communication with 3rd party home automation systems. An infrared (IR) input makes for a clean, reliable installation. Integra works closely with control systems partners such as Savant, Crestron, URC, RTI, and Ihiji and supports Control4 Simple Device Discovery Protocol (SDDP) and AMX Device Discovery for simplified system integration.
Slim Chassis: The Integra DSX-3 features a low-profile design with all the perks of a traditional A/V Receiver; making it perfect for the audio/video enthusiast in need of a space-saving device.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Assistance (HDMI only): The Integra AV receiver offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. The initial setup assistant takes you step-by-step through speaker configuration, source connection, remote programming, and network connection.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV, FLAC, and ALAC music files via USB.
Name Edit: You can enter a custom name for each individual input selector and radio preset for easy identification. When entered, the custom name will appear on the display. This function cannot be used for the AM/FM, Network, USB, and Bluetooth input sources.
Display Dimmer: The front-panel display brightness has three settings - Dim, Dimmer, and Normal.
Auto Standby & Sleep Timer: The AV receiver will automatically go into Standby mode, if there is no operation for 20 minutes with no audio signal input. The Sleep Timer can be set to automatically turn off the receiver after 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
Firmware Updates: Future firmware updates are available from Integra through the receiver's Network or USB connection. Visit Integra's online Download Center for the latest firmware updates.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
5.1-channel slimline home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Chromecast built-in$600.00
5.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
5.2-channel slimline home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility$549.99
7.2-channel slimline home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility$749.99