Sonos One (3-pack)
3 wireless streaming music speakers with built-in Amazon Alexa (3 White)
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
Our take on the Sonos One (3-pack) by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Sonos One speakers come in two colors.
Three rooms of sound
This might be one of the simplest ways to bring multi-room audio into your home. Each of these three Sonos One wireless speakers has Amazon Alexa built-in. Place one in the kitchen, another in a bedroom, and the third in the den. Play the same song on all three, or have each play a different song. And you can control it all through Alexa.
You can also use two of these speakers in the same room as a left/right pair for true stereo sound.
Voice commands get the music flowing
Alexa turns these Sonos One speakers into voice control hubs for your Sonos multi-room system. Tell Alexa to turn up the volume of a Play:5 in your living room, or play your party mix through every Sonos speaker in your home.
Each Sonos One has a 6-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the music's loud. An LED indicator lets you know when the mic's off for privacy. Each speaker has a responsive chime that lets you know Alexa's listening and has heard your commands.
Selecting what to play is now easier than ever. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
These Sonos One speakers let you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Once complete, your Sonos One speakers and Alexa are ready to serve you. Just tell it what you want, such as "Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network."
Expand to any (or every) room
Your Sonos One speakers can be the start of a larger multi-room audio system. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One, Play:1, or the larger Play:3 or Play:5, in every room where you want to listen to music. You can set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, you can connect any Sonos speaker to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Each Sonos One has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune your Sonos One speakers with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's a list of some of the more popular music services you can control with Alexa (updated may 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- TuneIn Radio
meet the Sonos family
- 3 Sonos One wireless speakers
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 2 built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter per speaker)
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones per speaker
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets, Windows® PCs, and Mac® computers
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- configure two Sonos One speakers for stereo playback
- Sonos One speakers cannot be paired with PLAY:1 speakers for stereo.
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4.08 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection