Da-Lite Parallax 28845V
Fixed-frame projector screen with black fabric (100")
Our take on the Da-Lite Parallax 28845V by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Parallax screens bring home theater out of the "dark ages"
Da-lite's Parallax is an advanced ambient light rejecting (ALR) surface designed for home theaters and pro A/V setups. The screen material's micro-layered optical lens system absorbs and rejects ambient room light. You no longer need a darkened room to enjoy big, beautiful, glare-free images. The black surface enhances picture contrast and black levels.
Looks like a TV when you're using it — and when you're not
Each layer of Parallax plays a specific role in preserving the image that is reflected back to viewers in high ambient light environments. Some layers absorb light while one special layer has a microscopic sawtooth pattern that blocks light from above, ensuring high-contrast, bright images even in brightly lit rooms. When you're not watching, the dark surface resembles a flat-screen TV hanging on the wall.
The Parallax material rejects 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen. And unlike other ambient light rejecting screens, Parallax provides an ultra-wide 170-degree viewing range, so you'll see full brightness from almost anywhere in the room.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a Parallax screen is an ideal match. This material is actually rated for 8K video, so if and when 8K projectors and content arrive someday, you'll be ready.
Easy to assemble and install
Parallax fixed screens feature a sturdy 3"-wide frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Black borders framing the viewing area will enhance the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensure that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. The screen fabric is flexible and ships in a roll.
- 100" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 87"W x 49"H
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- black material with screen gain of 0.8
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Textureless surface is rated for 4K and 8K projection
- optimal viewing angle range is 85° half-angle, 170° total
- Pro-Trim® frame is 3"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- overall dimensions: 92"W x 54"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee