Professional-grade quadcopter with 4K Ultra HD camera, rechargeable smart battery, rolling case, and flight controller
Item # 230PEY10 | MFR # PEY10
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the PowerVision PowerEye by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The PowerVision PowerEye quadcopter comes with a professional-quality Micro Four Thirds camera.
A rugged drone with a pro-quality camera
The PowerVision PowerEye is your eye in the sky when you need to capture pro-quality images. The quadcopter's powerful rechargeable battery lets it fly for up to 29 minutes at a time, and the included base station and controller can transmit commands and video up to 3.1 miles away.
The included Micro Four Thirds camera offers user-controlled zoom, fast shutter speeds, and 4K Ultra HD video capability. This drone even comes with a rolling hard carrying case, so you can get to your launch site with a little more ease.
Serious photos and video
If you want to shoot ultra-sharp video for business or entertainment purposes, the PowerEye's camera has you covered. It's a mirrorless camera with a high-quality, interchangeable Olympus M.Zuiko ED lens, mounted on a super-stable 3-axis gimbal. The camera offers fast shutter speeds, a wide ISO range, and and a versatile range of recording formats to choose from.
Precise flight control
The PowerEye comes with a handheld flight controller with dual joysticks. It connects to the included base station, and then to your smartphone (not included), so you can control and monitor the PowerEye's flight from the ground. The base station uses Wi-Fi® to pilot the craft, and lets you preview video on your phone's screen. The drone has built-in obstacle detection sensors that help avoid collisions, too.
- quadcopter with 4K Ultra HD camera, rechargeable smart battery, rolling case, and flight controller
- flight time: up to 29 minutes
- maximum speed: 36 mph
- flight controller connects to your smartphone to show you what the drone sees
- built-in sensors detect obstacles to prevent collisions
- included controller's twin joysticks give you precise control over the aircraft
- weight: 8.7 lbs. (with camera)
Micro 4/3 Mirrorless Camera:
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED lens:
- 14-42mm zoom
- 4/3" Panasonic CMOS sensor
- burst shooting: 3/5/7 frames
- records 4K video at up to 60 frames per second (Full HD at up to 120 fps)
- 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- fast shutter speeds down to 1/8000 sec.
- ISO range: 100-1600
- records to optional microSD memory card (128GB maximum capacity)
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- portable remote controller with 3.1 mile transmission range
- rechargeable smart battery
- base station
- battery charger
- rolling carrying case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Aerial drone
- Base station
- Remote controller
- Smart battery
- Charging base
- AC power charger
- 46" AC power cord
- 2 Legs
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- 59" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 5' Minijack cable
- 7" Minijack cable
- Rolling case
- Quick Start Guide
- Battery Manual
- Disclamers & Safety Guidelines
PowerEye Aerial Drone: PowerVision's PowerEye is an aerial drone designed for today's professional and aspiring cinematographers. The PowerVision PowerEye lets anyone of any skill capture stunning aerial video and photography. Couple that with the powerful Vision+ app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) and you will be able to record and share your aerial content instantly on social media.
Object Detection + Stable 4-PointLanding/Lift-Off Design: PowerVision's Object Detection Technology utilizes an array of integrated sensors to detect flight path obstacles and sound an alert within 10 meters. PowerEye's Stable 4-Point Landing/Lift-off Design eliminates the need for dangerous hand-held take-offs and catch-landings common with 2-point and/or T-bar designed drones.
Dual View Capability: Re-designed dual FPV camera system provides the front view and down view of the PowerVision PowerEye to observe the surrounding environment. Delivering the ultimate in cinematographic control, the PowerEye features PowerVision's integrated Dual Viewing capability. Dual Viewing gives multiple users the ability to see video simultaneously from a First Person View (FPV) and a Subject Matter View (SMV). Using the Dual Viewing feature, a cinematographer has the ability to see what is in front of the PowerEye while in flight through a dedicated FPV camera housed in the nose of the aircraft. At the same time, the PowerEye's gimbal-mounted 4K UHD Camera can be directed independently to action on the ground or other areas in the sky.
- Single Person Mode: Using the PowerEye App, Dual Viewing can be managed by a single person using one mobile device in either a split screen or picture-in-picture mode (user selectable).
- Two Person Mode: It can also be managed by two people using two mobile devices with one person/device managing FPV, and the other managing SMV.
Note: Dual View is preferred or essential in a wide range of situations such as covering sporting events in stadiums; capturing a movie's scripted action sequence in a city center; or tracking wildlife across a rugged landscape.
3-Axis Gimbal 4K Camera: The PowerEye is equipped with a high-performance 4K UHD camera on a 3-axis gimbal. The 4K UHD camera features a 4/3" CMOS image sensor and an interchangeable Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens. The 3-axis gimbal offers controllable pitch (0-90°), yaw (+/-180°), and accuracy (0.05°)
- Video Recording: You can record video in 4096 x 2160 (4K) or 3840 x 2160 (UHD). You can adjust the ISO Range from 100-1600. Video is recorded in MP4 or MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264).
- Photo Recording: Still images are recorded at 4640 x 3480 (12MP). You can choose between shooting modes Single Shot, Burst (3/5/7 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), and Timer. You can also set the ISO Range (100-6400) or Shutter Speed (8s-1/8000s). Still images are recorded in JPEG or DNG.
Note: Video is recorded to a Class 10 or UHS-1 microSD (up to 64GB) - sold separately.
Base Station & Remote Controller: The included Base Station provides wireless connectivity with the PowerEye aerial drone. The Base Station attaches to the supplied Remote Controller, providing wireless control up to 3.1 miles (5km). The Remote Controller offers joystick and push-button operation of the aerial drone. The Base Station also features an integrated cradle for docking your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device that is running the Vision+ App for live video streaming and real-time flight data.
Vision+ App: The Vision+ App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) provides real-time high definition video streaming on your compatible mobile device with detailed flight data including associated parameters and map information. The Vision+ App lets you access user-defined flight modes and allows you to record your flight routes and then share them on social networks. In addition to real-time video transmission, the Vision+ app is sued for gimbal adjustments, waypoint settings, flight modes, electronic fencing, return-to-home points, and flight logs. The app also provides real-time voice prompt of alerts and reminders while in flight. The Vision+ app can even be used for storage of recorded video and still images.
Flight Modes: The PowerVision PowerEye has 3 flight modes - P Mode (Professional), N Mode (Normal), and E Mode (Easy Control).
- P Mode (Professional): In this mode, sonar is used instead of GPS and the visual positioning system. The aircraft is essentially on full manual control.
- N Mode (Normal): In this mode, the aircraft uses GPS or the visual positioning system, depending on their signal strength. If GPS is unavailable, the visual positioning system and sonar are used to ensure accurate hovering of the aircraft, including indoors. When neither GPS signals not the visual positioning system satisfies the condition for proper and safe flight, the system will automatically switch to Professional mode. In t his case, only sonar is provided.
- E Mode (Easy Control): In this mode, the aircraft uses GPS and there is no need to focus on the flight orientation of the aircraft. There is a 10m radius safety zone with the user as the center of the circle, where the aircraft cannot enter. The forward and backward flight direction of the aircraft is relative to the operator. Pushing the right joystick up will move the aircraft away from the operator, regardless of aircraft orientation.
Intelligent Flight Modes: The PowerVision PowerEye aerial drone offers a variety of intelligent and intuitive flight modes which make it easier to take aerial videography and photography while flying.
- Orbit Mode: In Orbit mode, the camera is trained on a specific subject. You can adjust the radius/diameter of the flight path, as well as height it is flying at. Simply set your center point and radius, and fly perfect circles around an object, creating stunning aerial visuals.
- Follow Mode: In Follow Mode, the PowerEye will follow who ever has the controller of the PowerEye. Follow Me keeps the camera on you while the drone keeps it relative height and distance from the subject. It will stay 7 meters or further back if you need it to.
- Selfie Mode: In Selfie mode the drone will move with a distance of 7 meters in front of you staying trained on you. The distance from you and the drone can be adjusted.
- Map Point: Map Point works by the user picking a return point first and then picking the next point to where you want it go. Then you set the height that you want it to fly and hit submit for it to start running the program.
- Route Planning: Route Planning is a way point system. During the set up of these way points, you can adjust the flight height for each and have it land back at your location or where ever you decide you want it to land. Now you can place multiple waypoints on the map laying out your flight path before you even take off. so you can focus on capturing content and let the drone fly for you.
Return-To-Home: There are two different Return-to-Home options - My Location and Origin. In My Location mode, it will take your current standing location and use that for its return point as well as setting the height again. In Origin mode, it will put a invisible marker down on the where its hovering and will use that location as its new point of home. In addition, if the PowerEye does lose connection to the base station while under good conditions (not crashing) it will automatically return to a point where it picks up GPS signal from the controller.
Safe Zone: The Safe Zone feature allows you to set a flight area on the map, so the user won't be able to fly outside of that specific area.
Remote Trigger Drop Mode: Using the remote controller and FPV camera, items can be delivered precisely. The module supports a payload of 2.2-4.4lb for a maximum flight time of 13-17 minutes. It provides powerful support, with control interfaces that can be customized according to individual needs. The module can be equipped with a flashlight, loudspeaker, gas detection device, panoramic camera or tilt camera.
Rechargeable LiPo Batteries: The PowerEye features a rechargeable LiPo battery (9000mAh/22.2V) that provides up to 29.5 minutes of flight time. The Low Battery Alert feature provides an "pop-up" warning on the Vision + app indicating the battery level is low and that you should bring the drone back in for a battery charge or change. The Base Station's rechargeable LiPo battery (2300mAh) can last up to 1.5 hours. The remote controller's rechargeable LiPo battery can last up to 35 hours. Each battery can be charged using the included AC power adapter, charging base, and AC power cord.
Open SDK: Open SDK enables flexible extension and customized applications. Users can make the customized aerial drone to meet the complex needs of different industries and increase the work efficiency dramatically. Supports customizable UAV, Camera, Task Module, and Control.
Rolling Cary Case: The PowerEye is a highly portable aircraft with collapsible legs and rotors for quick and easy transport. It comes with a rolling carry that accommodates the aerial drone and all of its included accessories.
Fly Academy and Peripherals: To become a drone pro, PowerVision provides well designed online video tutorials.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has created this website for registering the drone.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.